Tarentino's Kill Bill

Guest amo

Guest kyrkesmith

morpheus2702, I thought Kill Bill was Quentin Tarrantino's second best film, after Pulp Fiction. I found it quite the oposite of lazy, I felt that every shot had been incredibly carefully considered, and the "time shifting" trademark perfected. I thought it stood perfectly well on it's own, and splitting it worked far better than I had expected.

Lord of the Rings bores me, but there we go.

Revolutions certainly looks incredibly cool though. Another film I'm looking out for is Paycheck, based on a story by PK Dick, author of Minority Report, Directed by John Woo, and starring Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman. UK release around January, I believe.

Guest morpheus2702

Hey well, there you go - maybe lazy was too an extreme a word but self-indulgent isn't.

Reservoir Dogs was an IMMENSELY better film though! Leaner, meaner, tighter.

I have to admit that i was hoping that Kill Bill would be a good follow up to the previous QT films (and Jackie Brown was not IMO!!).

However....

I found it to be very... ummm.... bland.

The dialog was weak and the soundtrack was poor.

I can't really remember one line from the film - unlike when i walked out of ResDogs or Pulp Fiction. Both those films had a physical effect on me - the "Ear Scene" in Res - after i had eaten the most revolting hotdog (no i was not sick!) - and the "Adrenalin Scene" in Pulp. Both totally heart pounding scenes of brilliance..

Kill Bill is... IMO - a flop.

The only thing that i really liked was the Manga/Anime stuff... quality.

ps.. Uma looks well odd in this film to me... like... too grown up or something...!

Guest kyrkesmith

Same here, although I've bought some before. Pulp Fiction, Matrix (Original and Reloaded), and Swordfish. All quite different, but worked very well with their films.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Personally I think Ms.Therman was the wrong gal for the job. OK, it had a few good scenes and I wont deny I flinched a few times (opening scene) but like others stated, not his best work. I think "volume II" is out in February so we'll see how that is, but judging by this, I dont have much hope for it.

Guest morpheus2702

Maybe it's just me, but the Kill Bill soundtrack is not even in the same league as either Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs. It's not in the same ball park, hell it's not even the same damn sport :wink:

I can only remember 'Bang Bang' from Bill, whereas I can remember mostly all from Fiction and Dogs. Sure, repitition and repeat viewings help but I just can't see Bill's soundtrack being a classic.

Off topic, picked up the Indy DVD boxed set. Now Raiders - there IS a soundtrack. That bit in the Maproom, or when they open the Ark - STILL gives me the goosepimples.

Deer-der-der-derrr, derrr derrr derrr... :)

Guest b1uepower

Went to see kill bill yesterday. and it ROCKS! now just wanna see the 2nd part.. :(

"Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with Samurai swords."

hehe :)