Cool things to do with your smartphone

Guest mattscholey

• 1 year later...
Guest satish

Ok i felt that the "cool" things we could do on SP were not stressed enough..

so here it is..

MULTIMEDIA CONVERSION

so you can convert any *.wav file to a *.amr file (couldn't figure out a way to do that on my PC.. )

Convert, edit, resize, rotate,make negative set contrast and brightness for all your jpeg, bmp, tiff, png, gif files.

OPEN FOLLOWING MEDIA FILES

Guest satish

Ok i felt that the "cool" things we could do on SP were not stressed enough..

so here it is..

MULTIMEDIA CONVERSION

so you can convert any *.wav file to a *.amr file (couldn't figure out a way to do that on my PC.. )

Convert, edit, resize, rotate,make negative, set contrast and brightness for all your jpeg, bmp, tiff, png, gif files.

OPEN FOLLOWING MEDIA FILES

ogg, ogm, wma, wmv, mp3, mp2, mpeg, mpg, avi(divx), wav, acc, mpc, mp4, 3gp, amr..............

OPEN FOLLOWING DOCUMENT FILES

pdf, doc, txt, ppt, lit, xls, xml, html, htm,... (well any damn document for all i care..)

ok as far as opening of files goes.. only files you can't open (on a SP2002 atleast are very few..

*.swf(and all flash files for the matter)

*.mht (meta html files created by IE 6 or higher)

and a few that i am not able to recollect as of now...

GET LIVE RSS FEED of website

CHAT using MSN messneger

BEST OF ALL PLAY SOLITAIRE

Guest misterhamper
current favorite being the pocketscumm emulator (monkey island!)

Hey, where does i download PocketScumm for my Orange SPV C500-Smartphone?

Guest extravagant
How many (rough%) of novels are released on eBook.  I've never really heard much about the format - never thought you could buy Harry Potter on it (is this actually from the publisher, or some guy whos just typed it up).

Matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Publisher.

Guest alexander.gq

Don't know if anybody has posted this useful thing to do with your smartphone... I didn't have time to read through all the posts... But I am watching MOVIES on my phone. Not just clips... full length movies! A 1gb miniSD can hold 2 maybe 3 full length movies and a 512 mb minisd can hold 1 MAYBE 2. I just ripped my first movie (Scarface) the other day and I'm pretty stoked.

The 1gb miniSD is definitely worth it! ;)

Guest satish
Don't know if anybody has posted this useful thing to do with your smartphone... I didn't have time to read through all the posts... But I am watching MOVIES on my phone. Not just clips... full length movies! A 1gb miniSD can hold 2 maybe 3 full length movies and a 512 mb minisd can hold 1 MAYBE 2. I just ripped my first movie (Scarface) the other day and I'm pretty stoked.

The 1gb miniSD is definitely worth it!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey no s*** man.. i had the entire movie ripped in my 256Mb card.. yeah i had ripped it to AVI(DIVX) with the help of a freeware called "Pocket DivxEncoder" and it was really good Audio and Video quality.. obvisously i played it on Betaplayer.. but the problem is i preferred 100 songs than a single movie (even though i had Matrix Reloaded) so i kinda deleted it.. i mean u can listen to songs a lot more often than watching the same movie again and again..

anyways take care...

Guest extravagant
One of the big problems with eBooks are that there are many formats, each designed to stop you changing the format. There is no official "eBook" format, each reader software page has it's own. I know of MobiPocket and Orneta Reader for the Smartphone, I quite like the former, you can import HTML/RTF and TXT files.

There are loads of sites selling them, lots of choice. Just Google for the name of the book with "eBook" in the search string.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its offical if MS supports it ;)

Guest extravagant
I've just started to put karaoke vids on my phone when I'm board or want to practise a new song ready for the pub when i'm drunk :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dont get too drunk mate!

Guest extravagant
I used to use a voice recorder that I bought to practice singing and taking notes.... Now I use Echo Voice Recorder... This works great because it's in my phone which is always with me so I don't have to carry around another device... I am able to store large/long files on my SD. It's way better than the built in recorder that comes with the phone.

Hey! I just noticed the MoDaCo guy at the top is wearing a different jacket!! A red, white, and blue American flag one!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can u upload a song of u singing?!

Guest obeel

Internet Radio Bro... Forget the music stuff I'm talking Talk Radio....

Listen to WQAM.com outta Miami from 10am EST - 2pm EST The Neil Rogers Show

Dude is hilarious. yeah forget the music leave that for the IPod

There is no monthly charge either. this ain't satellite

They just need to release a version of RealOne for the SmartPhone and we'd have even more choices.

I'm working on a list of Radio Stations that work on SmartPhones that I will Post on here....................Late

Edited by obeel

Guest pgaston
Internet Radio Bro... Forget the music stuff I'm talking Talk Radio....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fyi ... check out http://www.radioshowlinks.com/ ... it's got schedules and links to streams for internet radio shows that work on smartphones (and other mobile device) for a variety of public and commercial radio talk shows.

Guest furby

Well, If you're like me and too lazy to look around corners to see what "that" noise was.

Place phone around said corner and turn on camera.

Sync via bluetooth, and turn on activesync remote display (mobile powetoys thingy).

Hey presto, you can see around the corner without moving. Lazy Bliss ;)

Edited by Furby™