Photo

Welcome to our USA visitors... Exclusive USA content!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

kalinte

kalinte

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

"]

edit: whoaaaaa! I was just screwing around and typing / me ... (without space) just screwing around and it actually worked!

Wanna really confuse people?

/ you = /you !

:)

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

whoaaa?
wh

kedar

kedar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
i'm kedar, or at least that's what i've gone by on other forums.

abatis

abatis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Welcome Keder

Celestial

Celestial

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Does anyone know online where I can get an E200 in the US?

Thanks

ihoncen

ihoncen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hi all, i've had my SPV (original) for a year and still am way behind on the tricks to maximize the capabilities of the phone, I've SIM unlocked the phone to use with T-Mobile but havent updated or APP decerted as of yet cus I don't how, i've read these threads and gone to developer sites but still am lost. First off is there an ROM update for the US for the SPV? I see you can APP decert right from the orange site but they require a ROM greater than 1.3.x.x but i still have the 1.1.6 which is the original. can anyone help if you have the time.

thanks in advance.

If it keeps on raining, the levee's gonna break!

ihoncen

ihoncen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
well through hours of concern if the update would work in the US, the answer is "Hell Yeah", goto the Orange site and update your SPV to 1.6.x.x even if it's the original ROM 1.1.x.x and you're golden, also after you sucessfully finish then use Orange's App Unlock (Decert) via a short call and VIOLA, app unlocked and you can really take advantage of the coin you dropped on this cool new toy. I've been able to install e.g. smart explorer (signed now), movie viewing software and all kinds of other very sweet apps..

Enjoy

If it keeps on raining, the levee's gonna break!

semi

semi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
My pone is unlocked and I still have all the welcome screens from my old provider...

I have seen smartTweak but it doesn't work for my mpx200.

E.T.-FREAK

E.T.-FREAK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Paul [MVP]

Site Founder / Admin

Usergroups:
Everyone, MoDaCo Plus, Moderators - English, Newshounds, Newsletter, Posters

Post subject: Re: Welcome to our USA visitors... Exclusive USA content!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
edit: whoaaaaa! I was just screwing around and typing / me ... (without space) just screwing around and it actually worked!

Wanna really confuse people?

/ you = E.T.-FREAK !

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Whats all this about.
I like my name.

Thanks,
E.T.-FREAK

abatis

abatis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
just a little board feature trick
something like on chat
/ me = !

/ you =?

I am really liking my MPX on T-mobile.

gemtech679

gemtech679

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
On Tuesday 2/3/04 I received the IMate SP2 ordered in December 2003. I have now had an opportunity to explore many of the supposedly "problematic" features of this phone.

To answer some concerns expressed here and in other fora, the i-mate seems to have all of the promised features of an Otek 8080- ( not too suprising since its the same manufacturer..but one nevers really knows!)

First impressions : feels solid, rugged, light enough to put in pocket without being weighed down.

1- Imate phone is an SP 2K3 - version 4.20.0 (build 13291) Is this the most recent build? and if not -- is it worth upgrading for a newer version and build for that phone?

2- Processor is an ARM OMAP 710 ( so says the About in Settings. Where else can one check both the type and speed of the processor?)

3- Memory ROM = 64Mb; RAM = 32 Mb ( User guide) - Space Maker tells me I have 30.33Mb in Flash Storage. System info in Task Manager also tells me I have 30.33Mb in Flash Storage and 18.51 Mb ( left?) in Total Memory. Aboput in Settings says its: "Available storage: 21.74Mb; Total Storage: 30.33 Mb; Available memory: 6.98 Mb and Total Memory:17.76Mb

4- Bluetooth works flawlessly with an H-65 Sony-Ericsson hands-off headset. Just following the instructions for the SE headset is all it took.

5- My operator T-Mobile was very helpful in giving me the settings for the GPRS ( the APN , and the 2 DSNs ) though they could not guarantee they'd work ( phone not supported , etc.etc). Nevertheless, I now seamlessly go to the Internet with PIE (set up as "column"). Not exactly lightning speed but fast enough, about 48-56K I'd say. (Anyone know how one could check the real speed)

6- MSN Messenger comes back with " service failed because it is not responding (sic) Try again later. Does this mean this is NOT latest build? Agile Messenger work just fine, though!!!

7- Most used software in past 24 hrs : Fizz Monitor; mc TRaveller ; Smart Explorer EN; SP Task Manager EN ; I am also holding onto and using File Manager in the System Management folder.

At this point, I am still discovering what it can do and am Very Satisfied :lol: with the phone's performance.

Looking forward to feedback on some of the questions or to be pointed in the right direction.

martin

martin

Technical Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550, imate SP5
Hi gemtech676

Welcome to the forum :lol:

It's good to see that the i-mate2 is finally available cos I'm tempted to get one myself. Where did you buy yours ?

1 I would say you have HAVE the most up to date software for SP2003 and it will be a little while before imate release an update for it. It's not recommended to use software from a Network service provider as they make changes to suit their own network.
Any problems so far and how is the voice quality ?

2 The most recent write ups are saying that its a TI OMAP 710 @ 132Mhz :D

5 Try this http://www.izaino.com/meter.asp
Not sure how accurate it is though.

6 If you are registered to T-zones with APN (Access Point Name) wap.voicestram.com then you might not have access to use MSN messenger. I'm not sure if any of the T-zones plans give MSN - maybe somebody knows. You probably need the Internet APN's to get unrestricted internet services :(

On Tuesday 2/3/04 I received the IMate SP2

Nope, I'm not jealous - not at all :^o

jrowlings

jrowlings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
You're right, Paul, I am confused. What's this "/ you" all about?

gemtech679

gemtech679

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Martin:
Thanks for the information on the processor speed. I also expected it is thmost recent version of WM for SP03. I have now used the phone a full week and it doesn't leave my side and sight. Given the size it by far the most useful mobile device I ever used. Still discovering itys many features.
One thing is sure though, We will all need a better manual than the one that comes along with the box.
A couple of questions at large:
1- Anyone know how the Speakerphone function works?

2- Remember reading about saving battery power by uninstalling Photo Contacts. Anyone know the reference to instructions on how to do that?

3- Also some reference to "cutting off" a piece of the dummy SD card to avaoid the battery power being drained by it being in the slot..!

Any refreshed memory on these ?

Grateful any help.

The i-MATE SP2 is incredible ..and the T-mobile connections (phone,GPRS, WiFi) make it a pleasure to use. Thanks Expansys.com

martin

martin

Technical Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550, imate SP5

1- Anyone know how the Speakerphone function works?

Just press the and hold the green phone button during the call :lol:

2- Remember reading about saving battery power by uninstalling Photo Contacts. Anyone know the reference to instructions on how to do that?

Does it show under Programs-Settings-Remove Programs ?

abatis

abatis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Seems like the Americans continue to take advantage of our British Friends. First we win our independence fighting with underhanded gorilla tactics, than one of our American Companies , Cingular makes a winning bid for ATT while the Brits were sleeping. After the great support for us in Iraq we at least owed the Brits one cell phone company here in the States. Now all kinds of people are going to lose their jobs. Welcome to America.

falter

falter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hello i was wondering if anyone had any information on whether or not you can get service from a U.S. service provider for an unlocked version of O2 XPhone

nickcornaglia

nickcornaglia

Blackjack'd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
  • Devices:iPhone5
  • Twitter:@nickcornaglia
Sure. Just go into TMobile or AT&T and ask for new GSM service using your own phone. They will give you a SIM card that you will just pop into your phone and away you go!

Change your Network selection in settings to PCS Band and the phone will work fine.

Look in the Articles section under GSM/GPRS Settings Repository thread to find the settings for the Carrier you choose.

Enjoy your new Smartphone.

-Nick

abatis

abatis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
We Americans need to work against ATT and thier evil no new rom ways. The Mpx200 is a great phone.

squall

squall

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Smartphones
erm havent you read the news? there IS a new rom out!!!

Regards
Ian

cool-freak

cool-freak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I hope that someone can help me with this.
I´m having some problems when i want to install .xml files.
This is what hapened qhen i tryed to install "changer sonneries".I copied the files to the phone and when i pressed the action button it gave me this:

-

-
-

-
-

-

-
-

Does anyone now what i must do?
I´m getting desperate,there´s a lot of stuff i can´t install.
Tanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users