Photo

Welcome to our USA visitors... Exclusive USA content!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

nickcornaglia

nickcornaglia

Blackjack'd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
  • Devices:iPhone5
  • Twitter:@nickcornaglia
First...this is NOT the correct thread for this question. Please post future questions in Help and Advice starting a new thread.

Next, you are opening a CAB file. This is not what you are supposed to do.
Copy the whole cab file to the IPSM/WIndows/Start Menu/Accessories folder unsind activesync EXPLORE.

Then on the phone, navigate to Programs, Accessories and run the program you just placed there. It will install on the phone.

-Nick

BrAGoL

BrAGoL

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

"]

edit: whoaaaaa! I was just screwing around and typing / me ... (without space) just screwing around and it actually worked!

Wanna really confuse people?

/ you = /you !

:)

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

just saw this thread... why my name's included here???

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

adonniss2000

adonniss2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Welcome to our visitors from the USA :) :lol:

kguarnotta

kguarnotta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
where did this quote come from?
Quote:
edit: whoaaaaa! I was just screwing around and typing / me ... (without space) just screwing around and it actually worked!

Wanna really confuse people?

/ you = kguarnotta !

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

xtacybyme

xtacybyme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I own a spv 100 From the USA, I want A SPV E200, when the hell are we gonna be able to get it? I'm so anxious for it, been callling my specialty shop here since november... they still have no idea when they'll get it in? any info would be greatly appreciated!

Xtacybyme

Ainvar

Ainvar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I purchased mine from gsmphonesource.com, They were the cheapest online that I found by using google and froogle. The guy I spoke with also Adam at there site was very quick to respond to my questions. I order it Wed morning and they processed it wed afternoon. At 10:30am est on Thursday morning of last week (Apr 8) I was a very happy and proud owner of a SPV e200 running the latest rom update. I use Tmobile and used some of the seetings I found on this website along with settings from my nokia 3650 and treo600 to get om tzones and gprs. mms is not working right but oh well. I will deal with that later.

xtacybyme try that site to see if it will meet your needs.

nickcornaglia

nickcornaglia

Blackjack'd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
I bought one from ebay.co.uk
$435...brand new including shipping.

Check on there for good deals.

-Nick

wolfbrother6

wolfbrother6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
great ringers, guys. what did you use to create them, or where did you get them?

Wolfbro

"The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining armor to lead all his customers out of a mire of technological chaos neatly ignores the fact that it was he who by peddling second-hand, second-rate technology, led them all into it in the first place."
~Douglas Adams, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

don_octavo

don_octavo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
im new in the US, im actually in Elgin, Illinois. i brought my smartphone from the Philippines coz the phone is hot and i wanna keep it. first, please help me unlock it. second, please help me set it to t-mobile, or att. and third please tell me the best network for the phone in my are.
thanks.

nickcornaglia

nickcornaglia

Blackjack'd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts
Which smartphone do you have? That will determine how to unlock it.

After unlocking it, you can find AT&T and TMobile Settings in the GPRS Settings Repository in the Articles Forum.

As far as which service is best in your area....you'll have to ask around and research that yourself. If TMobile has good reception there...that would be my choice. But check it out first.

Welcome to the site and feel free to use the SEARCH feature located at the top of the screen to find any answers you may need. :D

-Nick

don_octavo

don_octavo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Ive been reading about the success of SPV in the US, and am glad to hear about it. I brought my SPV from the Phils with roaming services from Smart-im network locked by the way. Im in the process of downgrading my phone. Im just wondring, what ROM you guys are using in the US? Orange 1.6,Qtek 1.5, iMate 1.5, or what?Im around the Chicago area. Thanks

don_octavo

don_octavo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thanks Encece, Im using SPV e100.

ihoncen

ihoncen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
ROM version 1.6.1.10

I'm in Illinos as well and that is the latest update for U.K. (SPV), from the Orange site, how ever they now only show ROM updates for the SPV E200. I cannot find specific updates for the SPV original.

I've been having a few problems since: At times it seems to reload the OS on it's own, which forces you to resest all your settings. "pain in the butt" and have run across a problem posted before with the phone locking in the "headphone" profile, hope this helped.

If it keeps on raining, the levee's gonna break!

don_octavo

don_octavo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
thanks ihoncen,
Where are you in illinois? Are you using SPV e100- cuz thats what Im trying to unlock. PLease help me with my ordeal.
Thanks a lot again.

ihoncen

ihoncen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I'm in Joliet, south of Chicago but i'm using the SPV Classic, I don't know how different the processes are. I can direct you through the Orange Developers site via e-mail.

If it keeps on raining, the levee's gonna break!

abatis

abatis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Is anyone running the e200 (win2003) in the US? Let us know how you are doing?

niej_23

niej_23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey guys, who among you are:

a) SMartphone user
:) Using Cingular Network
c) GPRS User

Coz i've been trying all kinds of GPRS setting for cinguar posted in modaco yet i can't make my phone work with GPRS. (I am subscribed to the feature already, and when i use my sim with other phone, it works)... can somebody help me out pls... im so desperate already...

abatis

abatis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Never mind about the E200,I am going to get the MPX220 . Unfortunately I will have to have it custom painted given the current look.

squishedfly

squishedfly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sumone plz help me. I ordered the SPVx of of www.gsmphonesource.com and am wondering what i need to do to activate it. I live in the states and want to get a T-Mobile plan. If i go to a tmobile shop and ask for a SIM card, pop it in...it will work. Or are there more settings like the network band and all that stuff.?!? :shock:

If life knocks you down, GET UP and push it back

martin

martin

Technical Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550, imate SP5
squishedfly

I assume the phone is sold SIM unlocked by gsmphonesource.

You might need set the band to PCS in Settings-Telephony-Band selection but after that the T-mobile SIM should work fine :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users