Photo

Welcome to our USA visitors... Exclusive USA content!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

senor_smile

senor_smile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Quote:
edit: whoaaaaa! I was just screwing around and typing / me ... (without space) just screwing around and it actually worked!

Wanna really confuse people?

/ you = /you !

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Ok, I'm really confused. as you can see my name is senor_smile. and I've had that nick for years. what in the world is going on?

fun4runner

fun4runner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi guys, I live in FL and got an imate sp2 about 2 weeks ago off ebay. So far it's been a nice experience, this being my first smartphone.  I have had nokias, SE's, (loooove the p800) and well, I thought a windows phone would be nice  :lol:  anyway, I'm with AT&T (or cingular, or whatever they are now) and the service here is not half bad, it has its rough spots, as all providers do I guess.  I have tried Tmobile, sprint, etc, so I can really say that there's no perfect provider, there's always issues and no one is ever really happy, but I can't complain.
anyway, the phone I have has some quirks, like not accepting large files through bluetooth, they simply won't show up after phone says that files have been saved. I have no trouble transferring those through active sync though.  
also, I still cannot use MMS, I have read and tried all the settings found on the repository, but no success.  The only thing I'm kinda fearing now is that since AT&T and cingular merged, AT&T could start using the 850 band, in which case I would have to swtich to t-mobile since this phone doesn't support that band.
also, one thing I have noticed is that the phone will drain the battery far less quickly when in "flight mode". I switched it to that mode just because since I don't receive signal inside the building where I work, I thought I would try it, and lo and behold, the battery discharged at a much slower rate, and that night I even played games like crazy (so much for working, huh?  8)  )  
So that's my "review" of the phone. so far, it does what it's supposed to do, keeps me entertained with the media player and the games, and it's a nice piece of hardware, solid, well built.  It's not too heavy and fits nicely. A thumbs up, and I'm looking forward to more things to come for this platform.

rodrigoperu,

I hate to tell you, but you can roam on the Cingular network with ATT. I have ATT and my Audiovox 5600 basically switches between the stronger signal, Cingular 850 or ATT 1900. This is seemless to the end user and part of the benefit of Cingular/ATT merging. It is a selling point and NOT considered roaming.

I would be willing to trade you your phone for my Audiovox 5600. I am moving to Europe in 4.5 months and need the two European bands, while you need an American phone with the two american bands. The offer is open to anyone, my Audiovox 5600 is unlocked and ready to go for a European HTC.

jhamani_i

jhamani_i

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
/me

fun4runner

fun4runner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

/me