A free E200...

Guest m4rcus

Guest MARKUKCOUK

i really would find it amusing, if they took the real price off your cards so you have to go to the trouble of sorting it out.

maybe itll teach you for being so stupid!

Like someone else said, you don't actually have to type in a credit card number. Once it is all processed you recieve and email stating that the final total is $0. If this was over here they would have to honour it...

Guest adicken

Is this for real? I too have ordered one and they have sent a confirmation email saying that i owe nothing!! Even if it is a mistake, over here they would have to honour it. Plus as no credit card details have been entered they can't take anything from you.

Lets just wait and see. :?

Read their descriptions... They will update the price once product is released (it's their policy for all pre-released items), they will charge/contact you once items was released.

If you did not provide credit card information than they will contact you when it's available but until you provide one they will not reserve an item for you.

Maybe it's the way they do business in Canada...

Anyone else who ordered the phone, did you get an advert email with the price of the phone? $711... well if they are stupid enough to try and deliver it we can always refuse delivery... though I's still like the free one!

Guest doyle_am

Just placed an order for an iPaq 6000, SPV E200, MPx200, and a Voq smart phone.

In similar cases (for example PC World, Currys, Argos, Amazon etc), when they put a price on their site and someone places an order they have to honour the price stated in the order confirmation (page/e-mail). Wonder if they do the same over there?!? :)

Guest mcwarre
Just placed an order for an iPaq 6000, SPV E200, MPx200, and a Voq smart phone.

In similar cases (for example PC World, Currys, Argos, Amazon etc), when they put a price on their site and someone places an order they have to honour the price stated in the order confirmation (page/e-mail).  Wonder if they do the same over there?!?  :)

Wrong. They don't have to honour it. Legally speaking it is not a contract until they have taken an amount from your card and sent a confirmation email stating that they will deliver and have charged you x amount (a legal contract). The retailers you mention only 'honoured' it for PR, not legal, reasons. I seriously doubt whether a Canadian firm will honour (or honor) it for PR reasons in a market they don't normally sell. Still I have my order in just in case . lol :( :D :lol:

Guest mcwarre
i really would find it amusing, if they took the real price off your cards so you have to go to the trouble of sorting it out.

maybe itll teach you for being so stupid!

Thanks for that,

I didn't give card details as there is no need to (and stupid if you did).

At least 'teach[ing]' me will give me the knowledge to put an apostrophe into it'll to mean 'it will' rather than itll and look a prat. What do you think???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hmm... if you did not use credit card checkout you probably did COD (cash on delivery) which is their default for pre-orders...

Might be interesting for all you guys when a courier knocks on your door with a request to pay $700+ US...

:shock:

Guest mcwarre
Might be interesting for all you guys when a courier knocks on your door with a request to pay $700+ US...

:shock:

Can ask all they want; no-one has agreed to pay it (or more importantly is going to)! What a wasted journey. :) :( :D

Guest hatton33
***Should begin to arrive at end of November***

!!Please purchase this item as normal to have a pre-released item ordered for you. All orders will be fufilled in order they where recieved. Your credit card will not be debited until the item is in our warehouse. If you are ordering this item alone use COD option at check out.!!

I read this as you have pre-ordered a phone and thats all. At my store we pre-order new release games, movies, cd's etc for £1. We often dont know how much exactly that item will cost when it arrives (as with matrix reloaded cause untill the day it came out, it was set to be £25!!!). Pre-ordering means (a) you have a high chance of pre-orders to sales (:) you can predict the popularity of a particualar item © usually it means you sell more than you would normally.

So, "Please purchase this item as normal to have a pre-released item ordered for you" . In other words, To order this item, which hasnt been released yet, purchase as normal.

"All orders will be fufilled in order they where recieved. Your credit card will not be debited until the item is in our warehouse." To me means, once the item is recieved we will debit you card before dispatch, with the amount that the product is being sold for.

"If you are ordering this item alone use COD option at check out" - meaning either they'll contact you asking for you card details if you do this, or arrive on your doorstep demaning the money because by purchasing the item you've entered into a contract, i believe. Might be wrong on that last bit though.

Anyway, I apologise for putting a downer on it, just think that yeah there website isnt worded that well and is missleading. Therefor if u selected to pay by card, and you got a confermation stating $0.00 will be debited out of you account as soon as the item is recieved in our wharehouse, i think, legally that is breaking the law if they then take $700 out of your account, it certainly is here and id presume it is there. You can tell someone this item is £5 sir, would you like to buy it? he say yes, them you say right that £50 and you have to pay it cause u said u wanted it.

Guest hatton33

plus,

Will start shipping November 10th, 2003
Purchase Now  

Unit Cost  $748.99  

Qty  

Help

Its now on the main front page, i believe it is free to pre-order the item so they can get there stock levels right and then $748.99 to buy. lol!