Help with the Smart shortcut plugin

Guest kit_ethan

Guest statscat

Cheers,

I thought I had lost the entire plot at first especially when the hypens just wouldn't stop.

Still definately one of the weirder ones and easier fix.

Having now got the plugin working, let's turn our attention to changing those stoopid ? icons for apps it doesn't recognise.

I've tried exporting 16x16 images as bmp & ico (assigning each to a shortcut as - imagesource="IPSMapplication datahomexxxx.bmp")but that doesn't seem to be working.

Any clues??

Yeah, just tried that - no joy! Still just brings up the wee ? icon.

<plugin clsid="{A1536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D076}" height="20"> 

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT"/> 

<background b-border-width="1"/> 

<shortcut width="20" action="IPSMWindowsStart MenuTasks.lnk"><text> </text></shortcut>

<shortcut width="20" action="IPSMWindowsStart MenuMediaWMPlayer.lnk"><text> </text></shortcut> 

<shortcut width="20" icon="92" imagesource="IPSMApplication

DataHometsk.bmp" action="Storage CardProgram FilesOrnetaOrneta NotepadOrneta Notepad.exe"><text> </text></shortcut> 

<shortcut width="20" icon="75" action="IPSMWindowsStart MenuSmart Explorer EN.lnk"><text> </text></shortcut> 

<shortcut width="20" icon="61" action="IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessoriesOrneta Notepad.lnk"><text> </text></shortcut> 

<shortcut width="20" icon="66" action="IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessoriesCamera.lnk"><text> </text></shortcut> 

</plugin>  

Guest nytehawk2002

I'm having the same problem with a skin I'm modding. I think it only pulls icons from the phone's default cache. It would be a matter of adding them to the cache and numbering them.

Guest statscat

Right guys I might be wrong but if you use the icon="" argument then the plugin attempts to load from itself.

If you specify no icon argument but use a lnk file as an action then it must load the ion from there. I think You can use

imagesource="" as an argument on its own without icon="" to point to a different lnk file than the action.

The major difficult it seems is what it does when it can't find a 16x16 icon in the lnk file. Try making the size 32 (I know you can't get as many links) but that way you can almost definately load the icon from the lnk file. I think the MRU must auto resize but the shrotcut at least degrades gracefully by loading "?" at least it tells you its not sure what it should be doing.

As I say try upping the size if not try linking to other lnk files that have similar icons via the imagesource attribute.