25 replies to this topic

darkmatter

darkmatter

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
i'm not a chinese either.

"Technology is dominated by two types of people: those who understand what they do not manage, and those who manage what they do not understand"

mmirando22

mmirando22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Chinoy could have derived from the combination of Chinese-Filipino with a twist by Journalists. For me it does not sound good either.

I would prefer - Filipino-Chinese or Chinese-Filipino as a more acceptable term for overseas chinese living in the Philippines.

Guess you are right, we should not be offended by the word "Instik" term. Well, i grew up with the phrase "instik" word being laugh at and prejudiced. Like hearing the word "instik beho"- which means mabahong chinese. "instik!" with a loud laugh!

aldousbee

aldousbee

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
"beho" came from the word "viejo" I think it is spanish for old. Some experts say that it does not necessarily mean "mabaho"- tawag lang daw dati yung sa mga "old chinese men" - Intsik viejo = Intsik beho

Life is like a Car-wash and I'm on a bicycle.

mk1311

mk1311

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Smart Amazing Phone
whether you are chinese or not, or how people refer to you or not, it makes no difference if you know who you are. face it, you are all just insecure. get over it, you bicker like a bunch of 8 year olds.

tomli

tomli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
i like CHINESE FOODS..............

Alucaaaaaa

Alucaaaaaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Another one,guys can u tell me wether c500 can input Chinese character??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users