'Kumite' revealed... feast your eyes on this!

Guest Richie M

Guest Richie M

Definitley the best game announced for the Smartphone platform :(/

And yes it plays as good as it looks :)

Screenshot...

kumite_modaco.jpg

Kumite is a fighting game for the MS Smartphone featuring smooth and fast gameplay with full colour 16bit graphics.  

Create your own character and compete in either a full tournament, or simply have a quick single match.  

Play multiplayer against friends, and upload your high scores to the internet and see how you compare to others.  

This demo is just a small taster of what to expect from the full game, the full game will feature much improved graphics and sound and will also include:  

- Animated Backgrounds  

- Character Builder (Trousers, Jacket and Bandana colours can be changed to any colours you like)  

- 10 Different Backgrounds - 3 Skill Levels  

- Bluetooth Multiplayer  

- Full 16 bit colour Sprites+Backgrounds  

- Full musical score and sound effects  

- Online Highscores  

- Many Game Modes (Story (Tournament) Mode, Training Mode, Single Match and Multiplayer)  

- Particle effects  

- Shadows and Reflections  

Kumite will be released Winter 2003.  

A rolling demo is available from here. (for application unlocked phones)

And in case you missed it

the full game will feature much improved graphics
:D/

Guest siu99spj

Blimey :shock:

That was quick, you watching over my shoulder or something?

But I guessed the Bluetooth was an optional extra. Just like to make sure. Last thing I want to do is start saving my penny's only for it to be non-original SPV/E100 compatible...

Guest www.msmobiles.com
"]Below is the lowdown, direct from the developers...

Does these developers have a website of their own? could you provide some URL/Link to them too?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
Looks nice - looking forward to it!

yeah LOOKS nice but this "demo" is just a "playback of screenshots" - there is no way to play in this demo. I will believe when I will see it released. As of now it is just a bunch of pictures, not a game.

Guest Simon Desser

I went into the warehouse at work and showed some of the lads this demo. I had a gang of about 7 or 8 of them watching the demo, literally with their mouths wide open drooling :)

Once they'd stopped freakin' out, as I walked away, all I could hear was "Right that's it, I'm gettin' one of those phones"............"Me too" ...."that's fu**ing amazing!!!" etc. etc. :(

Guest Simon Desser
yeah LOOKS nice but this "demo" is just a "playback of screenshots" - there is no way to play in this demo. I will believe when I will see it released. As of now it is just a bunch of pictures, not a game.

You can't "play" the demo, but it's more than screenshots :!: Towards the end you see the characters fighting, and you can see how good the graphics and animations are, and how smooth it looks.

Guest Gorskar

Well we'll see.

I imagine a game like this takes a bit of time to produce, so I'm not holding my breath. I think we can believe the guys here that it will come though.

Any chance of joining the testers btw? As you know I'm quite a smartphone gameoholic :)

Guest Maverick

When is ur Redmond capuchino (or was it cola? :roll: ) gonna be released? :)

BTW.. the capuchino in my office pantry tastes yuck.. Maybe u can start supplying it once u have 'released' ur special brew :wink:

Guest midnight

jpzr, jeez man, you never happy with anything? that isnt just a playback of screenshots, in fact, even the screenshots at the beginning are generated by the game itself, not drawn mockups stored in memory, the game actually 'generates' those on the fly, as for the game, this demo is NOTHING compared to the final game, and i'm being serious, both graphically and sonically the demo is much inferior than the final game.

Be happy this can be done on the smartphone and stop whinging about it, so you cant play it, big deal, we wanted to show something a bit better than just screenshots to show its real, it isnt vapourware, this is actually being made, maybe we shouldnt bother next time eh?

Is mastah tweakah Midnight involved in the creation of this awesome game? There's a chap named "Midnight" at the credits screen.

By the way, anybody knows the official website of this?

Guest spacecowboy6982

We've come to the stage now where games will never actually be the same on a mobile phone again.Kumite has set the standard. I know this is just a demo but from what I can see this easily beats ALL competition in the mobile games market. "Beating its way onto my E-200" very soon...Kumite =D>

SpaceCowboy

Guest midnight

just in case you missed the credits in the demo.....

Code: muff (also made SPVMan and SPVInvaders)

Graphics: Jonny Midnight (yep, thats me)

Music: Mick Rippon (expect to hear a lot more music from this guy, he rocks)

Game Testers: Richie M (Moderator and making some cool games aswell )

Paul (our very own forum leader :))

We have many other games planned, this isnt just a one-off, so expect to see more demos/screenshots of those soon, but first, we have to finish this game off :(

it's spelled "cappuccino" !

the game looks great. now, is there going to be a "bundle" where you buy the game and get a phone with it ?

:)

doh, i want an spv2 !!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.