E200 lands @ MoDaCo - Your chance to grill Paul about it!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

EDIT:

The transcript of the chat is now available later in this thread here!

P

Afternoon all!

What joy, to receive in the post today, a very special package...

new1.gifnew2.gifnew3.gif

That's right, a brand spanking new E200 is in my posession, and also a Handspring Treo (got to check out the competition) ;-)

So... You guys want to know EVERYTHING I guess?

Here's your chance!

On Monday evening, at 8pm GMT, I will be in chat, armed with my E200 and everything I need, and it will be YOUR opportunity to ask me anything you want (yes anything!) about the device, and have it answered there and then.

How do you access Chat? Easy, click on the 'Chat' link above, or even better, download mIRC, and join the #Smartphone channel on irc.xnet.org.

Hopefully see you there!

In addition, I will be posting a full review of th E200 very soon, and the english moderation team will also be adding their comments.

We also expect to be receiving a Motorola MPx200 in the next week, and will be doing the same with that, so you can have a fully balanced opinion of the two devices before splashing yer cash!

:)

P

Guest siu99spj

Oooohh, thats got me all tingly and gooey inside (Probably best you don't ask about that :))

So many questions, such little time to prepare, but whats the betting I get tied up? :cry: Any chance of having a transcript afterwards or something Paul?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
"]So... You guys want to know EVERYTHING I guess?

P

could you check which Bluetooth headsets are working with it and publish some photos as a proof?

Guest Paul [MVP]

Proof of what?

I will try my Jabra headset, but I won't publish photos as proof?

If I say it works, it works, if I say it doesn't, then I probably did something wrong, lol...

P

Guest Maverick
Yeah for those cant make it into IRC i'll make the log file available, it will probably be a text file as i'd imagine its gonna be quite big :(

Remind me to shut my mouth on Monday in irc :) ... I dont want my utterly useless comments logged :wink:

Guest bikespod

you lucky sod. :mrgreen: with envy. glad you got this lot posted, was considering an e100, now think i'll wait, that integrated camera and bluetooth got to be worth waiting for. any ideas on release dates for us mortals :?:

As mentioned in my post found HERE, i was told that it should be released sometime next week but the 17th is the Monday afterwards which could well be near enough to fit this "loose" prediction.

...that bluetooth headset works fine. Whatever, Paul.

hahah www.msmobiles.com is a whiney b*tch

... photo proof :) :(

can we also have photo proof that it active sync's?

Guest bikespod

what's up with moody sod mobiles.com? what does he expect with such a pointless request. looking forward to that report and release date. get fiddling paul. as if you've done anything else since its arrival. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest carlreader

can i have photo proof that we're keeping it on topic?

On topic - initial impressions - is the E200 better than the Mpx200 in terms of speed of use and reliability (first impressions only!)? As I'm not fussed about the integrated camera of the e200...

Guest bikespod

come on paul, give us something. is the camera much faster due to not being peripheral? is the screen even better and the action key? bear in mind i'm still using the original. is it that much better than the E100 which i've only fiddled with in the shop. Posted from my SmartPhone! because my journalist girlfriend is using the laptop all bloody day!