AMR Repository - music clips for your MMS

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Multimedia messaging service (MMS) is clearly proving popular. It is estimated that there were over 4 million MMS users in Europe by December 2003. This number is also increasing rapidly, as in the second quarter of 2003 2.7 million camera phones were sold across Western Europe. It is estimated that by 2004 over 40% of mobile phones in Europe will have built in cameras and MMS capabilities.

MMS allows mobile phone users to enhance their messages by incorporating sound, images, and other rich content, transforming it into a personalized visual and audio message.

The audio content of MMS messages comes in .amr format. Audio could be plain voice amr or music amr. To attach a sound in your message:

1. You can record voice clips using the phone's default AMR Recorder or

2. You can also 'create' your own music clips by converting a .wav or .mp3 file of your choice to a personalized .amr file :)/

What I understand about AMR or Adaptive Multi-Rate codec files

1. AMR files are for MMS messages while WAV files are for ring tones.

2. AMR files cannot be set as ringtones. They are used as sound attachment for your MMS messages and can be played via the phones' default MMS/SMS application (SmartMMS-EZOS) or in your PC via SPOTxde Player.

3. AMR files comes in 16bit mono, 8kHz sampling frequency, thus, smaller in size than a WAV file. A 471Kb wav file is converted to a 39.7Kb amr file (102 MR Mode) using wav2amr converter.

How to convert an mp3 or wav file to amr file format?

1. Customize then convert in the PC

-I have prepared a guide on mp3 and wav file conversion to amr file (in your PC). Those who are interested may download the articles here:

:arrow: Part 1 Introduction -> Priming of files.

:arrow: Part 2 Trimming the file.

:arrow: Part 3 Conversion to AMR format -> Sending the MMS.

2. Phone conversion

-You can also put your trimmed wav files in this directory: IPSMMy DocumentsMy Sounds , then let the phone do the conversion for you. Drawbacks of this method are long conversion time and a messy list in the 'Select Sound' window.

Now, why start this thread?

Before coming up with this thread, I noticed that the site doesnt have an online repository of AMR files where interested members can download and at the same time share their amr files. Downloaded files can then be saved to the phone for subsequent sending to other Windows-powered Smartphone units.

Try these:

DISABLE FIREWALL FIRST

1. Download an amr file then unzip/extract the contents

2. Copy the .amr file to this directory Storage CardMy DocumentsMy Sounds or IPSMMy DocumentsMy Sounds

3. To listen to the file or to attach the file to your MMS message, follow this......

howto.gif

Imagine, MMS messages having not just pix and text on it but also expressive music clips! 8)

Multimedia messaging reshapes the landscape of mobile communication, making it more personal, more versatile, and more expressive than ever before.

Hope you like the idea :(/

Send it to your loved ones, friends, 'enemies' etc...

if ur not the one.zip

i dont wana miss a thing.zip

grow old with you_short.zip

coz im missin you.zip

i'll be.zip

spend my life with you.zip

Tamia - Officially Missing You.zip

Michael Ruff - More Than You'll Ever Know.zip

John Mayer - Your Body Is A Wonderland.zip

Guest aldousbee

hmm.. kanina lang ako nakapagsend ng MMS 'coz I changed my ROM to Qtek... I followed your procedures from another thread- Thanks!

hindi ba automatic na nacoconvert ang wav to amr ng SmartMMS-Ezos? or pwede rin bang mag insert ng WAV (without converting to amr) sa MMS?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
hmm.. kanina lang ako nakapagsend ng MMS 'coz I changed my ROM to Qtek... I followed your procedures from another thread- Thanks!

hindi ba automatic na nacoconvert ang wav to amr ng SmartMMS-Ezos? or pwede rin bang mag insert ng WAV (without converting to amr) sa MMS?

Welcome padi! :)

automatic convert ng SmartMMS-EZOS yung wav files to amr files, di pwede mag attach/insert ng wav files sa MMS messages.

Guest mariolouis

@pzee

buti naisipan mo tong ganitong thread. kaso mukhang di pa yata masyadong patok ang mms eh. mahal kasi! :)

tsaka parang di masyado pinapansin yung mms capability ng sapsap. siguro naman mula ngayon dahil sa sinulid na to, mae-engganyo na tayo gumamit ng mms, lalo na pag may sound pa!

teka, when you insert the amr, is it played while the mms is open? parang bang sa t68i na yung mms eh parang slideshow?

ML,

mismo!parang,habang tinitingnan ng irog mo ung pic mo,may kasama pang mga sweet nothings,para mas kilig....or kung galit ka sa tao,pwede mo siyang padalhan ng picture ng naka-ngarat at pwede mo pa siyang murahin with your very voice,habang tinitingnan nya yung pic,hehe!

Guest mariolouis

@hotee

huy ayos yun ah! pero kung series of pics (jpg, animated gifs) pwede lagyan ng timing din ba? parang slideshow talaga? sensya na di pa kasi ako nakakatanggap ng ganung mms sa sapsap eh. sa bokia naman, scroll down lang.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@ML

cencya na ngayon lang ako naka log ulit.

oo, tama si hottee, yung amr music/sound file is played as soon as mabuksan mo na yung mms. :wink:

@*

try nyo mms features ng sap. ma-aaliw kayo. :)

Tanong ko lang kung magsend ako pics with AMR sound files ma reread din kaya ito ng other phones like Nokia or SE phones

yup,pwede.my gf was using a B7650 when i sent her an mms,with an amr file.natanggap naman niya pareho.

@pzee

occasions dami

1. december - xmas songs

2. january - new yr songs " auld lang syne"

3. feb- valentine songs

4. mar- graduation songs

5. april - sinakulo ( mayroon kaya)

6. may - kahit ano

7. june - wedding songs

8. at iba pa

hehehehe

dami mo assignment ngayon :( :lol:

pahabol: works great send ko sa friend ko bday song and she called to say Thanks and ang galing ng MMS ko

ty again ;)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

:shock: dami. ill try to upload clips pag may makuha akong songs for those occasions.

btw, naglagay na ko ng xmas-inspired clips and siguro pwede na yung mga love songs dun sa 1st post ko na pang heart's day. :lol:

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

'FLAVORS OF THE MONTH' :-({|=

--------January to June---------

- just click on the links to download the desired music clip/s

January - Happy New Year

1. Auld Lang Syne

February - Matters of the heart

1. Heaven- dj sammy and yanou

2. All My Life- kc and jojo

3. Tattoed on My Mind- d sound

4. Jerry Maguire- 'You Complete Me'

March - Graduation, vacation...

1. Graduation Song- vitamin c

2. Sembreak- eraserheads

April - Summer break, Lenten season etc...

1. Your Body Is a Wonderland - john mayer

May - Mothers' day, agua de mayo...

1. Mama- spice girls

2. Singing in the Rain- frank sinatra

June - Wedding and everything after...

1. Wedding March- here comes the bride

2. Till Death Do Us Part- white lion

3. 2 become 1- spice girls

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEDDING MARCH-Organ-Here Comes the Bride.zip

Sembreak.zip

Vitamin C--Graduation Song.zip

jerry maguire-'u complete me'.zip

tattoed on my mind- d sound.zip

kc & jojo- all my life.zip

dj samy- heaven.zip

Happy New Year Auld Lang Syne.zip

white lion- till death do us part.zip

spice girls - 2 become 1.zip

Spice Girls - Mama.zip

Frank Sinatra - Singing in the Rain.zip