E200 and Bluetooth headset - we tell it like it is

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

A number of sites are reporting that the E200 doesn't support BlueTooth headsets.

Well here, we try it, and tell you THE FACTS :)

On the E200, you have an option to discover devices (some other sites actually stated this option didn't exist!).

When you discover and bond with a headset (I tested a Jabra BT 200), the phone recognises that the headset profile is supported, and says 'This device supports the Headset profile, would you like to add this device as your headset' (or similar), click 'Yes', and hey presto :(

It works a TREAT too, and you can answer, and most importantly END the call from the headset button.

So...

We have headset support, Serial support, Activesync over Bluetooth... it's looking good :D Be away you doubters...

P

Paul, I know the Q and A session isnt until monday - but while we're on the subject of the bluetooth headset, does it let you listen to mp3s with windows media player wirefree?

Guest Paul [MVP]

For those with Jabra headsets (this evening works with the 'for non bluetooth devices' headsets):

- Turn off headset by holding down power button

- Turn on headset by holding down power button for longer than 6 seconds - blue LED should stay on

- Discover headset from E200 (Settings -> Bluetooth -> Bonded Devices -> New)

- Input auth code (0000)

- Select yes when prompted to add headset

Hey presto, all done :)

P

Dammit! That was gonna be the only reason I buy a Bluetooth headset - oh well, guess it saves me money :)

Would a third party mp3 player be technically possible to take advantage of it dya think?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
"]A number of sites are reporting that the E200 doesn't support BlueTooth headsets.P

cute, and what's about software locking?

is this phone locked?

or in other words: will there be anyway to unlock this phone? this E200?

Guest Paul [MVP]

Unlikely...

TBH, you wouldn't want to use a BT headset for MP3s, the quality isn't designed for that.

If someone developed a totally different peripheral, 'bluetooth headphones' it may be possible I guess, but not using the existing headset profile...

P

Guest moo_ski_doo

Surprised to hear that bluetooth headsets don't let you listen to music, I assumed they did everything a normal headset did! Still, music sounds rubbish in mono anyway :)

Guest casper508
Dammit! That was gonna be the only reason I buy a Bluetooth headset - oh well, guess it saves me money :(

Would a third party mp3 player be technically possible to take advantage of it dya think?

Same here mate. Im gutted :evil: Guess ill save that money for a 512Mb SD card :)

Cas

Guest mcwarre

so move my message to the other thread.

I am NOT interested in getting patronized, I am interested in answers to the questions about software locking in E200.

Ooh,

Someone got outa bed the wrong side this morning, din't they??? :) :( :D

(that's a joke btw b4 you have a go at me as well as Ritchie M) :wink: :wink:

Guest www.msmobiles.com
Someone got outa bed the wrong side this morning, din't they???

Nah, I just want to hear answers and not "speaking about nothing". Threads, shmeds, beds. I don't care. And I will not be begging for answers - I will simply stop asking questions here and that's it.

Guest Maverick
Nah, I just want to hear answers and not "speaking about nothing". Threads, shmeds, beds. I don't care. And I will not be begging for answers - I will simply stop asking questions here and that's it.

:) rolling on the ground laughing :(

Guest mcwarre
I am interested in answers to the questions about software locking in E200.
As we all are!

Nah, I just want to hear answers and not "speaking about nothing".

The only people who can give you an *authoritative* answer on this is the provider of the handset. Go ask Orange.

I am NOT interested in getting patronized

People here are trying their best to provide help / answers. They last thing they need is someone SHOUTING because they don’t get the answer they want from people who are unable to give it.

Guest danm_cool
"]Unlikely...

TBH, you wouldn't want to use a BT headset for MP3s, the quality isn't designed for that.

If someone developed a totally different peripheral, 'bluetooth headphones' it may be possible I guess, but not using the existing headset profile...

P

The bluetooth headset profile does not allow stereo devices. Another profile can be created but it would not be supported by any actual bluetooth device/dongle, as it is not a standard.

Though you could use a new profile having both master and slave bluetooth devices (it would be like some headset that provide you both device, and connect it to the bottom of your phone).

Guest Richie M

:roll: please can we get back on topic guys :(

I'm still trying to work out how pointing someone to the correct thread to post in is being patronising :)

I am interested in answers to the questions about software locking in E200.

I'm sure you are, all i was doing was pointing you to the correct place to ask :roll: if you post your question in the correct place (as most other people seem to be able to manage) you may get an answer :lol:

mcwarre, no P's not being sarcastic :D

if www.msmobiles.com is any older than 11 i would be VERY suprised.

also, does anyone know anything about bluetooth headsets on other phones that play mp3s? can you hear mp3s on those?

Guest chucky.egg

Got distracted by msmobiles whining, but I dont think this has already been asked...

Can you pair the headset with more than one device, and keep the pairing on both devices?

I tried this with some T68i's and it would pair with both, but somehow (don't ask me) when you used the headset to answer a call on one phone you couldn't then use it to answer a call on the other phone.

Not a common requirement, granted, but I would have found it sooooo useful

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.