E200 and Bluetooth headset - we tell it like it is

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest victor_RUS

Paul, you've mentioned that it has Serial Profile, can you give more detail as this profile can be used to connect with Bluetooth GPS Receiver like Holux GR-230 together with GPS software like PaPaGO for Smartphone!

I've never actually used a bluetooth headset before, but say I was in a car waiting for a call, would the phone have to have bluetooth enabled constantly (and eat up the battery) or will bluetooth be activated once a call comes in?

Guest Paul [MVP]
I've never actually used a bluetooth headset before, but say I was in a car waiting for a call, would the phone have to have bluetooth enabled constantly (and eat up the battery) or will bluetooth be activated once a call comes in?

On the e200, it has to be on all the time, eating battery, as there's no automatic mode, which is crazy :lol:

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

It's down to HTC, because the headset support is added by them, and is not in the base OS.

I REALLY hope that it is added in a future release (sheesh, it's not even out yet and we're talking about updates already!)

:lol:

P

Guest Slowazz

Might be a dumb question, but heard somewhere on a site, the only dumb questions is the once that don't get asked...

So anyways, all i want to know if it is down to a software fix, where ever it comes from, and not a hardware problem?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shadamehr

For Paul or ANYONE - PLEASE help... I'm exasperated...

Can I heck connect my e200 to Active Sync using BT - anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

I have followed instructions on the Phone itself, and all I get is a message:

"please bond with other Bluetooth Device wich supports serial port or activesync profile as our active sync partner".

The phone itself is bonded, and can be seen by my Bleking Bluetooth software on my laptop. In fairness, that message means nothing to me.

Other talk through guides are unhelfpul in that they talk of going into Active Sync on the PC, and choosing the corresponding COM port for my virtual Serial/Bluetooth Port.

Problem is, this only shows COM1, COM3, and Infra Red. My Bluetooth software uses something like COM 21, and whilst I can change this, I can only go from 12 upwards, and ActiveSync only sees 1 and 3....

I just checked the Nokia connection stuff on my PC, and when choosing the Port to use there, it offers 1,3, AND 21...

So please please please, Paul or anyone...

Help me get my E200 to link with ActiveSync by way of Bluetooth...

I've wasted two days trying already, and have no energy left anymore...

How do I do it, or where am I going wrong???

• 2 weeks later...

Having just received my shiny new E200, I fired up the phone and my BT200, got the devices bonded and saw the "this device has the headset profile..." message. Unfortunately I cannot actually select the headset profile, which appears to leave me high and dry. I've deleted the pairing and re-created a couple of time (just 'cuz) with no joy - help/pointers would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Mike

I've just set my phone up with plantronics m3000, for some reason you don't need to select headset profile, good job as you can't anyway. Just pair the two devices, then dial a number on your phone, press the activate button on the headset, and you should transfer to headset, with a little pic of headphones appearing on your phone. That's how mine works anyway.

Kevlar

Guest Shuflie
Having just received my shiny new E200, I fired up the phone and my BT200, got the devices bonded and saw the "this device has the headset profile..." message.  Unfortunately I cannot actually select the headset profile, which appears to leave me high and dry.  I've deleted the pairing and re-created a couple of time (just 'cuz) with no joy - help/pointers would be much appreciated

Cheers,

Mike

Have you tried making a call to your phone and seeing if it can be answered by the headset? Not sure how BT headsets work but I know that you couldn't select the headset profile on the SPV, it was automatic when the headset was plugged in. One thing that I think I have seen on here has been that you should turn discovery mode off after you make the pairing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest gpspassion
"]We have headset support, Serial support, Activesync over Bluetooth... it's looking good :) Be away you doubters...

P

How is the Serial support "materialized"? I bonded my E200 with a Bluetooth GPS, but didn't see anything in the way of a serial profile like you did for the BT Headset. On the other hand there's no GPS app or utilty that could let us try to connect to the GPS...

Guest schildy

Bought the Jabra bt200 from CPW (49.99 bargain I thought since i'd seen it at 79.99) chargedn it up and after 3 attemps E200 found it no problem. Have used it in car since and it works really well. Only thing I don't understand about some of the earlier posts, is why would you want to listen to music on a mono headset? for many reasons I wonder although I will agree that the phones supplied are not the greatest, or I need some new ears! :) :D :lol:

Guest medusatouch

To all dudes who are wondering about the headsets. E200 works with ALL the headsets I have tried, Jabra, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Plantronics etc. And it was a doddle making it work. Just do as the manual say, ie, pairing and you're on yer way. The sound quality was best on plantronics M3000 but the headset is rather heavy and odd hanging with the ear. Jabra is more camoflauged but the sound quality was not great, you would need to keep the phone in the top pocket during the talk (I have tested Jabra200, perhaps jabra 250 has better sound). The one that I personally like most is the motorola as it is small, cute, foldable boom, and you can hang it like a pendant during your car journey for easy accessability. I have read good reviews about the sound quality of Logitec headset but I haven't tried that yet. Mind you, the phone supports headset profile and Serial port, so you can use the headset as a headset for your notebook as well. Yes it doesn't allow MP3 play on the headset, but who would like to listen to mono sound quality anyway?

Guest gpspassion

Another claim that the E200 supports "serial profile" ;-)

I've looked all over my E200 in the hope of finding a way to hook up to a BT GPS. Any hints appreciated!

• 3 months later...
"]For those with Jabra headsets (this evening works with the 'for non bluetooth devices' headsets):

- Turn off headset by holding down power button

- Turn on headset by holding down power button for longer than 6 seconds - blue LED should stay on

- Discover headset from E200 (Settings -> Bluetooth -> Bonded Devices -> New)

- Input auth code (0000)

- Select yes when prompted to add headset

Hey presto, all done :D

P

Hi Paul

Just brought the Jabra 250 and tried to pair but my head set wont find it. any ideas i could try.

Thanks

Les

"]For those with Jabra headsets (this evening works with the 'for non bluetooth devices' headsets):

- Turn off headset by holding down power button

- Turn on headset by holding down power button for longer than 6 seconds - blue LED should stay on

- Discover headset from E200 (Settings -> Bluetooth -> Bonded Devices -> New)

- Input auth code (0000)

- Select yes when prompted to add headset

Hey presto, all done :D

P

Hi Paul

Just brought the Jabra 250 and tried to pair but my head set wont find it. any ideas i could try.

Thanks

Les

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.