SPV Vs E200 Usability and Features (not 56k friendly)

Guest stu_lowe2003

Guest Gorskar

As far as I understand the processor is the limiting factor for most of these emulators -

The e200 looks like a very nice device, but I really like the look of the mitac 8390 for my next phone - 200mhz processor :)

Guest stu_lowe2003
It's running REALLY slow on Mitac mio 8380 as well.

:cry:

It runs really slow on pocket pc also. Maybe mobile processors are just not up to running snes emulation.

Stu

Guest moo_ski_doo

I suspect that the processors in these phones (TI OMAP 710?) struggle with all the floating point calculations which any console would do easily. As far as I know there's no floating point accelerator in the phone processor - there rarely are in RISC processors - whereas there's bound to be floating point acceleration in a games console because it's pretty essential for doing the maths involved in games programming.

Guest nickcornaglia
Could this be the first ever MS operating system to get the spelling of 'favourites' correct?!  (No offense to any Americans reading this!)  Nice one!  Worth getting it for that alone  8)

American or British spellings....I'm all for less characters whenever possible on such a small screen. How about just "Favs"! That would look good no matter which coloUr the text was or which flavoUr of phone you had. :wink: It's all about U isn't it? :)

Guest fwillerup
Battery life is similar to the SPV. Although if you leave bluetooth on it will be dead inside of 8 hours.

Does that mean if you have a bluetooth headset it will also go dead in 8 hours, even if it is just on standby? :shock:

/fred

Guest philg2000

How easy is it to turn Bluetooth off & on. I am trying to convince my girlfirend that we should have a pair of these, but she is very concerned at the battery usage. She has a BT car kit and tends to leave BT on all the time on her 6310i.

Is it only a couple of key presses?

Guest Kallisti

With only 8 hours with BT on, that kinda kills my desire for this phone. I guess I'll have to wait for the next Windows Mobile phone then. Oh well, saved myself ~100 quid I guess. Big disappointment though, it would have been nice if they'd sorted out the battery life rather than adding a camera!

Guest chucky.egg
it would have been nice if they'd sorted out the battery life rather than adding a camera!

Yeah, I agree. I never use the cameras on these phones (N 7650, SE P800), but longer battery life would be worth having

Guest anders_g

Paul,

Which languages can you select under settings?

Is it an international rom or just for a single country like the rom for the old spv.

Sorry can't be online to chat tonight so I'm asking now.

/Anders

Hi All,

Three questions.

(1) Is the battery life of E200 any better than that of the SPV?

(2) Is the connector the same, that is e.g. will the SPV car charger work?

(3) Does Bluetooth when active further shorten the battery life? I fancy a little headset behind my ear hiding under my hair (you can't see I am bald really, he-he) and the phone in my pocket or on the belt. Shorter battery life would put me off this plan. I just hate having to thread normal headset cables through my clothes ... tickles.

Cheers,

W.

Guest spacecowboy6982
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: SPV Vs E200 Usability and Features (not 56k friendly) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All, 

Three questions. 

Couldnt tell you, but I think it must be slightly improved to cope with bluetooth etc.

I was told that the E-200's cradle charger is different to that of the SPVs so any accessory I dont think would work?

(3) Does Bluetooth when active further shorten the battery life? I fancy a little headset behind my ear hiding under my hair (you can't see I am bald really, he-he) and the phone in my pocket or on the belt. Shorter battery life would put me off this plan. I just hate having to thread normal headset cables through my clothes ... tickles. 
Battery life is similar to the SPV. Although if you leave bluetooth on it will be dead inside of 8 hours. 

The mods are posting tonights conversation as a text document or something so even if you dont get a chance to be there, you'll get to read it eventually :)

spacecowboy

Guest Sonicr360

Hi Stu

I also would like to know if the connector at the bottom of the E200 is the same or different, because I only recently obtained the E100 and the Pro Car Kit (Not really a pro it really is rubbish).

So would be great to know if it fits. According to the Orange Magazine I collected, it states that the E100 / E200 can use the Pro Car Kit, but I would certainly like to be sure of this.

I am guessing the E200 will not fit in the E100 Desktop Cradle? Paul can you confirm this at all mate :)

Finally, as I have only had the E100 for a few months, what are the chances of getting an upgrade?

Simon

Guest cyrilthefish

Does that mean if you have a bluetooth headset it will also go dead in 8 hours, even if it is just on standby? :shock:

/fred

That can't be right, i got about 8 hours battery life running pocket music constantly for the entire time on my e100. everyone knows how resource-hungry that app is! (ie. near 100% CPU usage the entire time i'd guess)

I can't see how bluetooth can use up quite that much power... :?

Guest Simon Desser

I've had numerous Bluetooth phones before I got an SPV, I always left BT on permanently, and never noticed ANY significant reduction in battery life :?

Guest Pagemakers

In my ex-Nokia 6600 manual it stated, "Turn off BT when not in use as it will drain the battery more quickly".

On that phone BT was nothing but a pain in the ass.

Beautiful!!!

Can you check for me if the Windows Media Player supports DNS? meaning type in http:///clip and the player translate it to the public IP?

BTW, where did you buy the E200? can you get me one?

Yaya

P.S. if you want to check the DNS, write to me on Messenger [email protected] and I will set a DNS for you to check.. Thanks

Guest stu_lowe2003
Paul,

Which languages can you select under settings?

Is it an international rom or just for a single country like the rom for the old spv.

Sorry can't be online to chat tonight so I'm asking now.

/Anders

Languages available in settings are:

UK English

US English

Deutsch

Dansk

Nederlands

Francais

Espanol

Italiano

Which is nice

Stu

Guest stu_lowe2003
Whoops I almost forgot the most important question......

Regarding Bluetooth, could I use this with my IPAQ 3970 Bluetooth Pocket PC?? 

Simon

Yes, simply

Stu

Guest stu_lowe2003
Hi All,

Three questions.

Cheers,

W.

1) Not really

2) The cradle is a differnt shape for the bottom of the phone, the connector is however the same. Can use charger from my SPV to charge my E200.

3) Yes

Stu