• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Maverick

Maverick

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

I wonder if technical support would improve if 156 was a premium rate line charged at 50p/minute and terminated in Delhi?

This is off-topic... But are u suggesting that all these people should be sacked??

BTW, I am from India :shock: .

morpheus2702

morpheus2702

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Films, electronics, gadgets
  • Devices:nokia N95 8Gb
Not at all - I just wonder that if Orange outsourced most of its customer services to India (just as 3 and many UK companies have done) would there be any noticeable difference or improvemen in support?

Device history: Nokia 5146, Nokia 3120, Nokia 7110 (x3), Nokia 6210 (x2), Ericsson T39, Ericsson T68, Sony Ericsson T68i, Orange SPV (x2), SPV E100 (x3), Nokia 6600 (x2), SPV C550, MDA Vario
Posted Image

muff

muff

Addict

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
just like to add my 2 cents here

This is going to become a growing problem for ALL advanced phones like the Smartphone.

They are basically mini laptops now and as such there are several different suppliers that are involved in their production.

The problem with this is that they are still being sold as phones with extras - which means that people expect them to work flawlessly all the time, just like an ordinary phone.

Now some might argue that this is the level of entry for the customer, and if they aren't prepared to learn a little, then they should buy a different phone - well there's 2 sides to that coin, and I'll stay out of that, it's just too long to discuss here

Lets take an analogy of buying a PC...

Lets say I buy a computer from Dell, it's them I go back to if my system is behaving strangely - not MS or Intel, or AMD or Creative or whoever made the powersupply, but my retailer

Wether this is correct is perhaps an arguable discussion point, but Dell supplied the whole computer, and therefore take responsibility for my support unless otherwise stated

If Orange are selling these phones, then the consumer has a reasonable expectation that they can support them - in ALL areas

If this is not the case then Orange should make this clear to consumers when they purchase the phones

What I suspect happens more often than not is the same as in the PC market - when u end up speaking to tech support, they try some fixes that may fix the problem, and if they dont, they tell you to reset to factory conditions - which either solves everyones problems (you get a working phone and tech support tick you off as fixed) or else the phone is knackered and returned to base

There is no magic bullet on this problem, as each company in the supply chain will always pass the buck to another company - it's not right, but it's reality

BUT

If shop staff dont know the answer, they pass is to CS

If CS dont know the answer, they pass to Tech Support

If Tech Support is then taking multiple days to get back to the customer, there is a problem in the system. Either you need more tech support people, your product is faulty or else you need to expand the capabilities of the CS staff to cover the more common tech support questions

As phones get more complex, any company that fails to successfully support their products will fall by the wayside as customers abandon them - simple market forces

frazzel

frazzel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
well I have no complaints with orange customer care, if u want a really bad xperience try VODAFONE!!!!!! NEVER GO THERE !! :evil:

morpheus2702

morpheus2702

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
Vodafone are by far and away the very worst company I have EVER experienced poor service from. When I had my T39, getting GPRS set-up was a complete nightmare - no-one from Vodafone, Singlepoint or CPW could work out who had to do what to get it running.

I swear to this day I will never, ever have any dealings with Vodafone. They make Orange look like a paragon of efficiency.

Device history: Nokia 5146, Nokia 3120, Nokia 7110 (x3), Nokia 6210 (x2), Ericsson T39, Ericsson T68, Sony Ericsson T68i, Orange SPV (x2), SPV E100 (x3), Nokia 6600 (x2), SPV C550, MDA Vario
Posted Image

ferret

ferret

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts
At least 150/156 is still free. I remember being on BTCellnet PAYG and being forced to pay 20p/min to point out their mistakes, then they put you on hold ......

goinnuts

goinnuts

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
@ amo

back up has arrived.

ALCOHOL - the cause and solution to all lifes problems.

martin

martin

Technical Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550, imate SP5
That's like the blind leading the blind.

LOL :lol:

goinnuts

goinnuts

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
arh. at least i dont know where i goining with this :wink:

martin

martin

Technical Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  • Devices:SPV C550, imate SP5
Sorry goinnuts. I couldn't resist it :lol:

People must remember that there are already MANY Orange employees who come to this site and offer their knowledge or help.

As with amo, goinnuts and others here, I also work for Orange and we can't account for the real muppets who show a lack of interest.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

mattscholey

mattscholey

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
Reading this I have been reminded that I've had 2 unacceptable issues with Orange, not 1. Both of these were due to staff being useless and lazy, and simply not doing their job. (If you want me to go into detail I shall.)

But I've phone 150/6 many times and every other time, being 100% pleased with everything I got on the other end. Orange staff have (with 1 exeption) always appeared very positive to me.

FACT: They are a lot better than any other networks support I have ever experienced (Virgin/O2/Vodaphone/T-Mobile).

But I have to agree that tech support will have to change to handle smartphones. Mass marketed ones (ie.not the spv) are only just coming out, thus no major changes have taken place so far. But more days training won't sort this. What I think we need are staff dedicated to just 1 smartphone. They should own that phone, so know it as a user, and also know it as a support guy. We might have to queue a while for that one guy, but it would be worth it for the knowledge we would get.

Matt

goinnuts

goinnuts

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
phone trainers are given one of the latest phones each every six months for this reason. it started to work. :wink:

amo

amo

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario 3
Although our store hasnt had the email from retail comms to let us upgrade or any info yet :lol:

Maybe Mr Orange could sort us volunteered experts out with a phone each goinnuts?! At the end of the day we perform a vital role for a lot of people!

"I'm sorry you'll have to speak up - i'm wearing a towel"

bikespod

bikespod

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Interests:motorbikes, gadgets
I actually think that would be a good idea. it'll probably never happen, but if orange paid attention to sites like this, they could isolate and reward dedicated staff and at the same time have a line of inquiry to useful info for the more demanding customer. why don't you stick your neck out a bit and suggest something to your superiors. show them that there are customers out there who want better smart phone backup. Seriously tho, if amo, martin, goinnuts etc are basically doing part of tech supports job in their owntime and out of sheer enthusiasm for a particular orange branded product, then i think they should be financially rewarded or kept up to speed with regular free phone updates or at least loan phones, if orange is too financially strapped to hand out free handsets.

only dead fish go with the flow

morpheus2702

morpheus2702

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
I had heard somewhere that the Dutch 1.6 is going to be delayed by a month?

I really hope this isn't the case for the UK update. :x

Posted Image

drblow

drblow

SpinDoctorBlow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
  • Interests:acid jazz, coffee, cigarettes & tweaking my SPV!!

Seriously tho, if amo, martin, goinnuts etc are basically doing part of tech supports job in their owntime and out of sheer enthusiasm for a particular orange branded product, then i think they should be financially rewarded or kept up to speed with regular free phone updates or at least loan phones, if orange is too financially strapped to hand out  free handsets.

Here, here!!

It is only, realistically, through this forum & the efforts of dedicated people like the above, that any major issues with smartphones get resolved. We can see that Orange clearly are aware of the forum due to the prescence of Mr. Orange in an official capacity. But the company still seems to shy away from giving us actual technical support which is user friendly.

Mr. O's arrival at Modaco had alot of people thinking that Orange had finally accepted that a web based forum was providing better support for their product than they were - and that this heralded a new era in Orange communicating with their more advanced users (who probably are the heaviset users of the phone & therefore network & therefore bringing in a considerable revenue).

Sadly, that has not proved to be the case. That is not intended as a slur on Mr. Orange - he's not here to give us technical support on the phone. But it is clear from the tone of this thread that there is a concern among users for proper support from the company that supply the service.

I just wonder if the person/people who are REALLY responsible for support at Orange are aware of this forum, & the fact that it is doing their jobs for them - for free! They probably are, & are quite happy to let it continue that way, coz it don't cost them nothin'!

I say - get Orange to pay all the moderators of Modaco!! (& obviously keen users of the forum, like myself!! :wink: )

"... time is an illusion ... lunchtime doubly so ..."
http://monosapiens.9f.com

kingdom master

kingdom master

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • Interests:the future
they are totally useless. there is a service coming out soon where u ring and they give u all network info, technical etc..
kingdom

FREE GMAIL EMAIL INVITES, PM OR EMAIL ME 15 AVAILABLE
FREE ORKUT INVITES AVAILABLE
FREE WRITELY INVITES AVAILABLE

Also visit WWW.BLOGSTUFF.CO.UK for your blogging needs 250,000 people a month cant be wrong visit and register now!!

http://qrcode.kaywa....blogstuff.co.uk

amo

amo

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario 3
kingdom, your hardly too clued up with things yourself - with your ridiculous number of stupid requests coming in faster than a speeding bullet. Asking for the impossible every five minutes. Made a list of them all on my other pc a few months ago and i think it was up to 50 plus, god knows what its on now!

I dont think threads such as this are nescessary. Why start a thread insulting the company who brought you the product your so obsessed about along with its employees? Im sure other forms of personal attacks arent tolerated here so why is orange insults?

"I'm sorry you'll have to speak up - i'm wearing a towel"

mattscholey

mattscholey

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
This sort of topic could have a place here, if it had been done in the spirit of CONSTRUCTIVE critcism. We all know that there's room for improvement in OCS, and I hope I've suggested some ways in which this could be done. But many just seem to want to throw an insult at Orange, and this really is a waste of space on the forum.

To drblow and others... If posting along these lines again, give a BALANCED opinion of OCS. If you had really received nothing positive from them you'd have changed networks long ago. So next time, show a bit of maturity, and write something balanced, fair and useful. Not to mention how offensive and rude some of you have been to Amo and other Orange staff reading this.

Matt

spacecowboy6982

spacecowboy6982

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Interests:.::Everything and Anything::.
  • Devices:SPV C600

This sort of topic could have a place here, if it had been done in the spirit of CONSTRUCTIVE critcism.  We all know that there's room for improvement in OCS, and I hope I've suggested some ways in which this could be done.  But many just seem to want to throw an insult at Orange, and this really is a waste of space on the forum.

To drblow and others... If posting along these lines again, give a BALANCED opinion of OCS.  If you had really received nothing positive from them you'd have changed networks long ago.  So next time, show a bit of maturity, and write something balanced, fair and useful.  Not to mention how offensive and rude some of you have been to Amo and other Orange staff reading this.

Matt

Did your Dad write that for you Matt ;) :lol:

Seriously though, its a fair point. If I had really been pissed off with Orange, I would have changed networks long ago. I changed from Vodafone for this exact reason - their care service meaning absolutly nothing to them. THEY were something awful !

spacecowboy

.::Orange.Branded.Shoes::.
-------------------------------------------------------
.::C600:SanDisk:MiniSD-1Gb:De-Cert::.
.::Glad:To:Be:Back:@:MoDaCo::.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users