Entry: UPDATED: Media Player Home Plugin

Guest orangewinger

Guest orangewinger

Update:

After testing on an out of the box unlocked E200 the plugin works without any problems.

I have now added support for graphics (selected and unselected) and position the control graphics and the colour of them too. See the attached screenshot for an idea of looks.

Advice:

Some MPx200s seem to be crashing when using this plugin, so if you have one of these phones then use with caution!

After a bit of a wait here is the second release of the Windows Media Player Home Plugin. The plugin allows you to control (play, pause, next & back) media player from your home screen. You can now also change the formatting of the plugin (on a basic level).

The CAB is unsigned (as is the dll) and contains a home layout to test the control, obviously it can be added to any home screen by placing the line of XML in the layout file. It works on 2002 and 2003 OS.

The plugin works as follows: select the plugin (using up / down), action button will play or pause the track, left key will go to previous track and right key will go to next track. If Media Player isn't running when you perform an action on the plugin then it will automatically be launched.

Formatting XML:

Old style:

text - can be whatever you want to display (even empty)

icon (optional) - 0 = no icon, 1 = standard icon, absolute path to a bitmap

transparent (optional) - the transparency colour of the icon

New style:

The graphics paths need to be from the application data dir

Dave Lee

MP Home.CAB

MP Home.CAB

home_grab.jpg

MP Home.CAB

Guest midnight

well, i have some requests if you dont mind :lol:

background and foreground images, custom text (so it doesnt have to say Windows Media), ability to remove the windows media icon (i know most skinners would just use their own graphic there), custom icons for play, pause, next and previous tracks, and final one if possible..... the name of the track being played displayed anywhere within the plugin and perhaps a time display? (customiseable to either count up or down).

its a cool plugin so far, and all those are more wishlist things, especially as i know skinners would love full control of the look of it ;)

Guest orangewinger

:lol:

Glad u guys liked it, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work on some phones, it may require tweaking a bit.

As to the ideas:

1) Customisable display (icons, text etc will be in the next version)

2) Track name & time, I spent ages trying this and will try again once i get myself a smartphone

Anyone want to put it in a home screen feel free, the more the merrier!

Dave

Guest FrankyG
what a beauty http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin. now there's a possibility you can control more apps from the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen, but the only downside is lack of room :lol:

true, but you don't need all pug-ins on single page, this might be a very good reason to use a multi-screen home page with a single screen dedicated to funky pulg-ins like this!

Guest nedge2k

Great idea. Could anyone tell me how to implement it into Richie M's Longhorn M5 skin? Also, could this be ammended to control Pocket Music, MVP, TV etc? Cheers.

Guest Skunkchild

Excellent work orangewinger !!!

This exactly what I've needed for ages. I much prefer to use a simple homescreen layout and regularly change my backgrounds. So with this in mind could you (or anyone else that views this thread) just tell me how to alter the plugin xml so that the horizontal line in the picture below doesn't appear.

Many thanks - skunkchild

line.jpg

Guest orangewinger

Hi.

The horizontal line can't be turned off at the moment as I was lazy and didn't allow for any way of disabling it. I will do this in an update version very soon.

Dave

Guest orangewinger

Cough, cough - hmm.

What I need to do is add some more control over the display, currently it will only work like a normal plugin, so u can't turn off selection, border, text etc.

The next version will fix these!

Dave