Uncertified Apps that work/don't work on the Samsung i600.

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

There is a bit of an inconsistency from phone to phone as to which applications work. Most problems arise when trying to install an uncertified applications. Some install for some and not for others.

Format: Application (tester username)

Uncertified Applications that install normally:

HipFTP (encece)

PocketTV ...but buggy as of 11/14/03 (encece)

Pocket Football (encece)

SPTaskManager (encece)

ModacoPong (encece)

RichieM Alarm Plugin (encece)

Midnight's Voice Themes (encece)

SmartSS (encece)

Xbox theme CAB FILE (encece)

Uncertified Applications that install by dropping in the EXE:

Orneta Notepad

PHM RegEdit

HIPftp

Binarys SmartExplorer

Connected Bits Weather

Uncertified Applications that WON'T

Binarys SmartExplorer (encece)

Orneta Reader (encece)

Orneta Tester (encece)

Orneta Notepad (encece)

SmartPhoneNotes ...unlocked & Orange Versions (encece)

Connected Bits Weather (encece)

Midnight's Modaco Themes CAB FILES (encece)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest timothy55

I am new to the samsung i6oo and just got one so that i could download medical software and none of it will download.

ie/ epocrates

skyscape software

if anyone has info on the unlock aspect for this phone i would appreciate it because palm my be next for me.

Guest nickcornaglia

ePocrates is made for PocketPCs and Palm devices.

Skyscape software is made for Palm devices only.

Sorry. It's not a locked/unlocked issue. They are not meant to work on the i600 Samrtphone OS.

Guest nickcornaglia

Yes it works....I've been using it. Thought it doesnt import my AOL contacts. I have to add them manually. I'll check to see if the new version fixes that bug.

Guest Skitals

I wonder if AOL themselves will release a version of AIM for smartphone. I use to use AIM on my ppc all the time (it cost money on the US site, but was free on the UK site :lol: )

I used past tense there cause my car was broken into last month and $2000 worth of my stereo and electronic equipment was stolen including my ipaq and bt gps :shock:

Guest nickcornaglia

SmartphoneNotes is teh only program that syncs notes with outlook. But it currently is not certified to work on the i600 (Verizons restriction). The developer is working on it.

Guest awesterink

encece, ConnectedBits Weather installed without a hitch for me.

Also working fine for me:

- mcTraveller (PC exe)

- SmartVNC (cab)

- ALL-Calculator (PC exe)

- eWallet (PC exe)

- SmartConvert (cab)

- SmartScreenShot (cab)

- SPVCube3d (exe)

- SPVPacMan (exe)

- RemoteDSP (PC exe)

Guest nickcornaglia

The weather app was updated. If downloaded from the developers website...it works. Handango's was not updated. It may be by now.

- mcTraveller (PC exe)

- SmartVNC (cab)

- ALL-Calculator (PC exe)

- eWallet (PC exe)

- SmartConvert (cab)

- SmartScreenShot (cab)

- SPVCube3d (exe)

- SPVPacMan (exe)

- RemoteDSP (PC exe)

All worked for me as well.

I think I need to change the topic to just the uncertified software that works/does not work on the i600.

Guest nickcornaglia

Unfortunately, any homescreen that is in a CAB file will not work on the i600. Especially those that change the system screens. (Startup, shutdown, alerts, conformation, etc) These need to edit the registry and the i600 doesnt allow that. :cry:

You can utilize homescreens that are manually installed or in hme format. Try the XBOX theme, as an example.

Guest The PocketTV Team

encece, can you possible provide links to the official product/download pages of all the apps you list in your first post, so that we test all those with the i600 patch ?

Thanks! :lol:

Guest The PocketTV Team

The i600 patch solves the problem for the following:

PHM Registry Editor (CAB) (*)

Smart Explorer (installer)

Orneta Reader (installer)

Orneta Tester (installer)

Orneta Notepad (installer)

Connected Bits Weather (installer)

[note: if installer works, installation from CAB should work too]

(*) due to a known bug - in the PHM Registry Editor installer or somewhere else - the installer incorrectly installs the Pocket PC CAB on the Smartphone. So the only way to install PHM Registry Editor on a Smartphone is through the CAB.

The i600 patch does NOT solves the problem for the following:

SmartphoneNotes unlocked version (CAB)

Midnight's MoDaCo Themes (installer)

Not tested:

HIPftp (there is no public access to application, please email us the CAB if you want it tested)

Guest nickcornaglia

HipFTP works on the i600 normally. SO no need to test it here. Sorry I just got your post but you beat be to the links anyway. Thanks. Look forward to the patch!

Guest The PocketTV Team

> PocketTV ...but buggy as of 11/14/03 (encece)

What bug where you refering to ?

Apparently the current version of PocketTV does not have problems, except the one caused by this known issue, which applies to the i600 and also affects WMP and any other apps accessing data on the SD card.

Basically the problem occurs when trying to access the SD card in the 1.3 secs following the moment when the phone is flipped open. This is because during this period, the SD card is not yet powered-up and "mounted", after the i600 wakes-up from stanby (suspended) mode.

So if you play media content (audio or video) from an SD card, and you flip-close the i600, you must wait about 2 secs after you flip-open it again before you resume playing (regardless of the application you use!).

Guest The PocketTV Team
HipFTP works on the i600 normally. SO no need to test it here. Sorry I just got your post but you beat be to the links anyway. Thanks. Look forward to the patch!

Ok, yes, I though it was only installing by dropping the exe, i did not see it was also in the first section.

So the only known installation problem remaining is with SmartphoneNotes, apparently ?

Guest nickcornaglia
> PocketTV ...but buggy as of 11/14/03 (encece)

What bug where you refering to ?

Apparently the current version of PocketTV does not have problems, except the one caused by this known issue, which applies to the i600 and also affects WMP and any other apps accessing data on the SD card.

Basically the problem occurs when trying to access the SD card in the 1.3 secs following the moment when the phone is flipped open.  This is because during this period, the SD card is not yet powered-up and "mounted", after the i600 wakes-up from stanby (suspended) mode.

So if you play media content (audio or video) from an SD card, and you flip-close the i600, you must wait about 2 secs after you flip-open it again before you resume playing (regardless of the application you use!).

Referring to the phones bugginess...not the program.