E200 Battery Life

Guest adambern

Guest adambern

I've seen the review of the E200 and the mention of how Bluetooth, if left on, will drain the battery. Is there a comparison of battery life with BT off and BT on?

Yes, I was about to start a thread on this same topic. Can someone tell me the comparison. With BT off you get these specs:

3 - 6 h (talk-time)

2 - 5 hours (GPRS data)

60 - 90 h (standby)

Can someone tell me the same info as if BT was on?

TIA

Guest skyvalley

I've found the battery life to be shocking. If it wasn't for the fact the phone is the dog's you-know-what's I would be really annoyed by the battery life.

Orange should at the very least get a higher capacity Lithium Polymer battery onto the market. Having said that we could probably get adequate improvement with software tweaking. I think we should all go down to the Microsoft office and beat them with sticks until they put some investement in to improving the power-management software or let us see the source so we can improve it ;-)

Mind you, even with crap battery life, I still love my E200.

Guest cybercamel

The battery life is awful, it seems to be twice as worse as the SPV!

Paul, in another thread you mention how you seem to have got the best out of the battery by ? running it flat 2 or 3 times. Can't seem to find it. Did you let it go completely empty before recharging and has it improved battery life?

I have to agree that battery life really is unacceptably poor. My phone was fully charged 9 hours ago and now it's at 33%. I've switched on bluetooth twice, very briefly, to install a couple of apps, made a few calls (totalling about 45-50 minutes), and used the GPRS a couple of times for five or ten minutes each. It's not like I've been listening to music or watching videos incessantly. Even the original SPV lasted longer than a day!

I wasn't expecting the E200 to be much better than the SPV in this respect but I certainly wasn't expecting it to be worse.

Guest Simon Desser

My battery life is absolutely APPAULING :cry:

I took it off charge (at 100%) at 7.00 am this morning, and at 8.00pm this evening it's down to 10% :shock:

I've made a couple of one minute phone calls, and taken 2 photos :!:

No games, no music, no GPRS and it can't even get me through a whole day :twisted:

Guest Pagemakers

What on earth do these designers do, grow potatoes?

The E200 has a many problems as its predecessors, but they are just different.

A great phone let down by a few stupid and easy to overcome issues.

Look at the things we have found in just four days.

There is NO excuse this time.

Here's to next September when they get fixed.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest spacecowboy6982
Here's to next September when they get fixed.

Settle down ! I'd like to think HTC release a higher powered rechargable battery before February.Of course Im dreaming :roll: .

Its unbelievable how they get away with this. 12 hours then time for a "fill-up" is a joke and I for one and p*ssed off.

Its almost like they've forgotton they're desiging a phone re: buzzing in call, sub-standard batteries ! Possibly THE MOST important features for a phone to operate properly !

Other than that I am impressed, the "4way" d-pad isn't a problem for me. Makes operating the menus a breeze :lol:

spacecowboy

Wow,

I was really about to buy the E200 for its .Net support, however reading about this stone age battery performance I will stay away from the E200.

Anybody an idea if its just crapy written software or a plain design bummer ?

I wonder what these phone designers are using their brains for ? :evil:

Settle down ! I'd like to think HTC release a higher powered rechargable battery before February. Of course Im dreaming :roll:

I also see the battery issue as a major problem. Now I am forced to get a car set... if I want to keep the e200 and have it work thru the day.

Haven't really started using it for phone conversations too much (and I guess I am afraid to... as I have had a couple of 20-30 minute conversations already... result... draining the battery to well under 20% capacity).

I think this is not a good thing!

I am considering changing it... allthough I must agree it is a complete phone with only this problem (and the 8-way keypad thingie for gamers - big, big mistake I must agree with if this is not to be fixed).

But for me the 8-way-joystick isn't really a problem either, as I use it more for the sync/ms features.

Guest Malachai666

getting mine today will have a play when i get it......

anyone used it as a walkman yet? I use my SPV for the train in the morning and evening about 45mins each way... will it hold out?!?!?!

Mods... Orange released a fix a couple of months after the release of the SPV which seriously improved the battery performance. Is this likely to happen with the E200 or should we all buy battery holster belts ready to flip one in and reload every few hours

Guest Pagemakers
getting mine today will have a play when i get it......

anyone used it as a walkman yet? I use my SPV for the train in the morning and evening about 45mins each way... will it hold out?!?!?!

:lol: ;) :( :) :) :( :D :D x50!

Malachai666,

I've just done a quick test to satisfy my own curiosity...

Running Media Player on the E200 for 45 minutes took the battery down by 12%. There and back on your journey would be 24% (obviously). My phone had full charge (100%) last night and, having not touched it, by this morning (about 8 hours later) had 75%. So by the end of your day, if you'd made no calls whatsoever (ie used it soley as an mp3 player) you should be at around 50%. It's worth bearing in mind that Media Play refuses to work after it's down to 15%.

The sensible option would be to buy a smaller, cheaper phone which lasts for days and a cheap MP3 player. Hours and hours of use, lighter, and you can make non-buzzing telephone calls!

Cheers

the annoying thing is, that the e200 is called a business phone. but what kind of business can i do when i have to get back charging the phone every 6 hours after i used a couple of the included features (e.g. mailcheck, messenger, bt-sync and of course calling people)?

but anyway i love the phone...

cheers, lutz

Guest spacecowboy6982

Do you think they changed th ejoystick to suit business users more i.e. easier scrolling through menus ? Personally I luv it :lol: Battery on the other han dis still awful, down to one bar already and I fully charged it last night :roll:

spacecowboy

Guest Malachai666
Malachai666,

I've just done a quick test to satisfy my own curiosity...

Running Media Player on the E200 for 45 minutes took the battery down by 12%. There and back on your journey would be 24% (obviously). My phone had full charge (100%) last night and, having not touched it, by this morning (about 8 hours later) had 75%. So by the end of your day, if you'd made no calls whatsoever (ie used it soley as an mp3 player) you should be at around 50%. It's  worth bearing in mind that Media Play refuses to work after it's down to 15%.

The sensible option would be to buy a smaller, cheaper phone which lasts for days and a cheap MP3 player. Hours and hours of use, lighter, and you can make non-buzzing telephone calls! 

Cheers

Has arrived been out on the move playing with it... I can see the buzzing problem.... defo annyoing now have a headache!!! Just an idea but.... Ive been playing some mp3's on the E200 without the headset through the speaker... It defo has much more bass than the original SPV could this be the problem with the buzzing???

Going back to the Mp3 player thing can you confirm this... When Media player is running the screen never completely blanks just the backlight goes out... plus when ever the track changes the backlight flicks on then goes out again... The original SPV does'nt do this and im guessing this is gonna kill the battery more than neccesary!! something else to add to the fix list me thinks!

@ spacecowboy: this looks like a possible answer since its really easier now to navigate through the menues.

what i found out today: i always left the screen of my e100 on (means never used the automatic screen of in energy management). now i enabled the screen-off on my e200 and i see a big improvement in batery standby time even when bt is ON. anybody else with this experiece?

cheers, lutz