E200 is in stores NOW - First E200 tweak released

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

It's only really designed for TFT displays (phones/pda/laptops etc), where each pixel is more "defined" than on a CRT. As David said, it smooths the jaggedy edges and makes them look nice and smooth and "clear". :lol:

Guest spacecowboy6982

It does that on my phone as well :?

I must be "missing something" :oops:

Maybe it was already on ? It probably helps if you have a good graphics card too.

Guest Richie M
Can they not retweak their tweak so it works with out-of-the-box e200's?

I think far fewer people will unlock their e200s and there seems no need anymore.

Nope, as this to write to a reg key which is locked on the phones atm :lol:

Guest mattie01

most apps seem to be ok. there just two so far that i have found that said i dont have the access right to use the apps...

all the other ones are just saying that app u want to install doesn;t have a cert.. and would u like to continue?

OTA unlock works fine on my E200, but for people who can't get it to work and want to see what clear type is like smear some grease over your screen and you will get a similar effect. I can't stand it and worse still can't remove it using regedit, it gives an error message if you try to delete the key or change the value to 0.

Any chance of a fix to remove this 'tweak'?

Posted from my Blurry E200 SmartPhone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest dearsina

Have an out-of-the-box SPV. Installed the tweek unsuccessfully, got the same error message as everybody else seems to get. Then I unlocked it via the Orange website, although it said on the site that they were working on a unlock for the e200. Installed the tweek just fine, and it really really makes a difference, for the better. If you have an e200, don't hesiste to download it.

sina

london

Guest MonkeyJug
Then I unlocked it via the Orange website, although it said on the site that they were working on a unlock for the e200. Installed the tweek just fine, and it really really makes a difference, for the better. If you have an e200, don't hesiste to download it.

did exactly the same - nice job! although it is a bit blurry, but i'll give it a few days and see how i like it... :)

edit: btw, it looks amazing on my laptop! i can't believe i'm only finding out about this now... :?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Toyota-F1.com

So let me get this "clear" :lol: :

You have to unlock the E200 with the E100 over-the-air unlock to install ClearType, and Orange are not intending to make an unlock in the very near future for the E200. :?: :?

:D

Oh, and is there any chance my phone already has some version of it? I remember in the shop a few weeks ago I didn't like the jaggedy text of teh E200, but mine doesn't sem bad at all! Also I checked the whole forum for "HT352D" and nothing came up except where I wrote it.

Is mine a brand new version?

Guest Toyota-F1.com
So let me get this "clear" :lol: :

You have to unlock the E200 with the E100 over-the-air unlock to install ClearType, and Orange are not intending to make an unlock in the very near future for the E200.  :?:  :? 

:D

Oh, and is there any chance my phone already has some version of it?  I remember in the shop a few weeks ago I didn't like the jaggedy text of teh E200, but mine doesn't sem bad at all!  Also I checked the whole forum for "HT352D" and nothing came up except where I wrote it.

Is mine a brand new version?

Answer for me please!!! :(

Guest cadburys man

Answer for me please!!! :(

The "over the air" unlock is a software unlock for programs, NOT a sim unlock. This is a different thing altogether :wink:

Hope this helped

Daz.

Guest Disco Stu

Yes, the SPV / E100 OTA process works for the E200 :lol:

I doubt Orange will bother with a new method for E200 alone.

No, it doesn't have anything pre-loaded.