E200 is in stores NOW - First E200 tweak released

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Toyota-F1.com
Yes, the SPV / E100 http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=22908>OTA process works for the E200  :D 

I doubt Orange will bother with a new method for E200 alone.

No, it doesn't have anything pre-loaded.

What is the point of OTA Unlock? What is its purpose? What will it allow me to do, apart from installing ClearType, will it be useful for me? PS I also haven't been able to install 2 homescreens, is it because it isn't "unlocked"? And what does the unlock unlock? Is it locked for some special security purpose in the first place?

Thanks for helping!!! :lol:

Guest Disco Stu

The application lock is to prevent users installing software that might damage the phone, along with the usual copyright / licensing issues - eg: to make sure we only buy stuff from Orange and their evil money-grabbing customer-support-ignoring business partners :wink:

As you say the E200 is partially unlocked but then you answer your own question by saying you couldn't install some homescreens...

So, what the hey, might as well run the OTA process anyway :lol:

Guest Toyota-F1.com

:? The damaging phone issue.

The first day I got it I installed quite a few apps on it. Switched it off.

Day 2: Switch phone on and it wouldn't turn on! It kept hanging at the Windows Mobile screen and wouldn't react to the press of any buttons, including the power button.

So I can seriously damage my phone (kill even?) if I install something I though was safe?

Guest Disco Stu

Short answer is Yes, although most failed installations end up in Storage / Windows / AppMgr / Install, where all files need deleting.

I think the problem is putting too much on at one time. My recommendation is to only to install 2 or 3 things and then restart the phone to give it chance to ....ummm.... get to know them :wink:

If you do it one-by-one you'll know for certain which software is the bad one.

You probably won't "Kill" it but you may well have to Hard Reset :evil:

:? The damaging phone issue.

The first day I got it I installed quite a few apps on it.  Switched it off.

Day 2: Switch phone on and it wouldn't turn on!  It kept hanging at the Windows Mobile screen and wouldn't react to the press of any buttons, including the power button.

So I can seriously damage my phone (kill even?) if I install something I though was safe?

Hi guys..

I'm a newbie in the Smartphone area (Nokia fun + former 6600 user) and I have recently bought myself a Qtek 8080. Now I'm trying to get to know the Windows Mobile as well as I did with Symbian...

It's not easy at all as u have to think completely different and things u thought obvious in Symbian r not so here and what u can do with Windows u can't do there...

Anyways, like everybody when I grabbed the phone I installed everything I could get my hands on as I was used to have over 400 apps available for Symbian and I couldn't live without apps on my Windows Mobile.

The phone couldn't start as said above by Toyota and I had to hard reset.

Then loading of apps again then crash again for 3-4 times... Then I noticed that all the restarts I performed took place while it was on the craddle. I tried once more with only a couple of "sure thing" apps and crash again!!!!

Finally I loaded every app and game I had and restarted the phone off the craddle and voila!!!! Nothing happened... All fine!!!

So it doesn't have to do with apps I think...

And the clear type thing is great!!!! Thanx!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest monty1

I can not unlock my E200 on the website . The old *#6# does not bring up my IMIE no . I tried using the number under the battery but it was not recognised . I would really like to get my E200 unlocked because I cant run some of my old spv applications especially Mobipocket .

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Guest Sierra055

I live in Australia and want to decert my phone. The phone is an O2 Xphone (same as e200), but has no affiliation with orange. How can I decert it? I tried the action register thing but that just says that action lock is not running... :?

Guest smith2001

after installing this tweak i found that the return button on the right no longer was listened too. well it was, i would be in a sms and press it to back to the inbox and it would not, then i'd press the joystick down and then it would go back to inbox and move down a text, like it did what it was remembering, anyone help me on this ?? its like my phone is breaking little by little

smith

Guest Toyota-F1.com
Set HKLMSystemGDIClearType to 0 to turn it off. So I guess 1 turns it on.  Then re-boot.

Wow I'll have a go with this, change the value, and manually put the cleartype application in the storage folder.

Guest robdes

I noticed that after installing this app the volume button on the left no longer works.

I can hear the clicks but dont get any on screen display and dont get any increase or decrease in volume.

I uninstalled it but still no affect.

Any ideas?

• 6 months later...
Guest AlexMessoMalex
allows you to smooth the edges of screen fonts using ClearType.

Here is how to enable or disable it :

Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftShell

If it doesn't exist already, create a DWORD value named "ClearType".

Set the "ClearType" value data to 1 to enable ClearType, or 0 to disable it.

Ok, but my problem is : how can I browse smartphone registry? :?

I can't do "Start - Run - regedit" on my phone :)

Can you help me? :wink:

Guest AlexMessoMalex
Set HKLMSystemGDIClearType to 0 to turn it off. So I guess 1 turns it on.  Then re-boot.

Can you help me to access smartphone registry?

• 1 month later...
Guest strafft

you beauty :lol:

thanks

tried cabbage and all sorts

this one done the trick

happy bunny cheers

is there somewhere I can make a recomendation or something in here?