E200 - What works, what doesn't

Guest Pagemakers

Guest chucky.egg
Gee Simon. You need to get out more!

:lol: ;) And how many apps have you got? Jeez, I thought I'd bought quite a lot, but obviously not!

Useful list though, thanks

I was hoping somebody would post that sort of stuff before I bought the phone, but it looks like most of my apps are going to be fine

Guest Paul [MVP]
Pocket Mini Golf - Starts to run, then just stops

Smart Screen Capture - Runs but doesn't seem to save the image

Downloading the latest version of Mini Golf seems to fix the problem, and an updated version of SmartSS is on the way.

The current version works if you create an IPSM/My Documents folder in 'My Smartphone'.

P

the e200 http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin as a little bit more complex than that, it uses http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugins within a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>plugin, using parent and child, so that when you select an icon, you have several options under that icon :lol:

Midnight, I think dont think statscat said the new plugin didn't do anything new, only that it supported all the old formatting.

As far as I can tell it the old formatting support is more complete, I had trouble getting some attributes to work in the old layout which work quite well in the new layout.

following games/apps (not previously mentioned above) do not work on my E200:

Pocketjong

Pocket Grandmaster

Dread Dracula

Mummy

Keepers Quest

Also cannot get PID with Mobipocket,

davy.

Gnuboy runs and you can select your choice of rom at startup.

However when you try to pause to access menus you are taken straight to camera.

Can someone cleverer than me possibly remap the pause button to one other than the side button?

Thanks in advance,

davy.

Guest yarod_g14

I have been playing doom and its much better than it was before. Its even working well with the graphic detail on high (if this makes any difference). Can someone find Mboden and find out if hes ever going to do any more work on this?

By the way Action Register, the application from the Orange Developer site doesn't work on the E200.

It attempts to launch Action Lock then dies painfully....

The site doesn't recognise my IMEI number. Damn thing.

Whats action register?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

The program you download to register your SPV with www.developers.orange.com so you can unlock it.

You get an option to download it if your IMEI number is not recognised.

Guest spacemonkey

Didn't realise gnuboy broke like that on it :lol:

I've ordered an e200 now so I'll fix some of these quirks when mine arives. Surreal Start is also fixed and I'll release a 2k3 (and hopefully a public release) soon. Surreal Start will need an unlocked e200 though because of the registry issue mentioned by midnight.

I noticed the alarm clock on the homescreen under appointments to tell you when the alarm is set. You can also change it there saves going through the menus... Nice touch...

Can someone confirm wether bust'em works ok? I read in someone's test results that it does, but on mine the sound is terrible, I've tried re-installing too.

Kevlar

It takes about 3 mins for the screen to whurr away.  Failing that the Orange site may be playing up.

Thanks 4 dat m8... ive got a stupid question soo ere it is....

how do i copy da contacts from my SIM to da phone.. coz da spve200 doesnt ave SIM manager.

Guest Pagemakers

Don't know. I never use my sim card to store contacts. I just sync between Outlook. All my contacts and appointments were transferred to my new phone in 20 seconds flat.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but hey, I'm having a crap day too with this T9 fiasco :lol:

Guest Simon Desser
Tennis Addict works but produces 'trails' across the screen.

I noticed that as well, but I rebooted and it was fine :?

(I've also had a flashing top line on a few games :?: )

Games I've found work but sound is screwed;

Gpod

Oddysey

Bustem

Motorcross

Warbirds

Rocket Elite ( Demo )

Done in 50 seconds

I can't see these all getting updates, but I'll keep my fingers crossed

Kevlar