Paul, do you have your sync working on the E200?

Guest lowbug

I'm going to implement a new certificate tomorrow.

But TBH even just for testing the E200 should run the same way with the SSL box unchecked as my E100 with the airsync fix. It has to be a bug...

I did try to install the certificate from my webserver via the email as Paul MVP suggested which worked until it complained about the security access>>

The first screen says>

Do you want to install StorageApplication DataVolatilecertnew.cer a certifcate issued by com,company,domain, etc etc

Then stops at>>>

alert!

Security permission was insufficient to update your device..

Do i need to unlock my phone then? :?: :cry:

Guest inspectorgadjet

Hi.

I couldn't get the certificate onto my phone via email or cab file install. In the end I did some reading up on the 2003 SDK and found a not so difficult solution. There is a Tools folder in the SDK, and inside the Tools folder you will find quite a few nice toys. There is an XML file in there which is a template for adding certificates to your phone, as well as a utility called Rapiconfig which you can use to run the XML on your phone to add the certificates. I pasted all the details of my server certificate into an XML file as per the example and ran "Rapiconfig /p addxml.xml" from the command line, and hey presto! The certificate was happily stored on my phone. BTW - You can choose MY for Personal certificates or ROOT for Root certificates in the CerttificateStore option. I had to put mine in the Root store. Also, you need to be unlocked to use this utility.

Oh, and another thing...Orange does support the push updating of ActiveSync. The server sends a message to the Orange servers, and Orange then send a binary message to your phone which will start an over the air sync.

Good luck,

Nathan

Guest Paul [MVP]
Oh, and another thing...Orange does support the push updating of ActiveSync. The server sends a message to the Orange servers, and Orange then send a binary message to your phone which will start an over the air sync.

How does that work?

I've noticed that my phone is picking up it's exchange mail for no apparent reason, is this why?

P