Jog dial...

Guest tomdbomb61

Guest tomdbomb61

this is taken from the review of the mpx200 on thefuturelook.com..

"......plus there's a handy jog dial on the side for easier navigation that also offers quick access to voice notes."

all i can seem to do is get the jog dial to change the volume of the speaker, (and when pressed bring up voice notes) not navigate anything??

Guest Bunchie

They are definitely incorrect. The only function of the jog dial is to adjust the volume and act as the voice activated dialling trigger when you press it in. There is no navigation possible using it unfortunately :lol:

Guest smittyofdhs

The jogdial CAN be used for navigation except none of the default apps use it, but it DOES WORK with Mobipocket Reader. Basically, MS did not build the apps with the jog dial in mind. Any 3rd party could do it if they desire.

The jogdial CAN be used for navigation except none of the default apps use it, but it DOES WORK with Mobipocket Reader. Basically, MS did not build the apps with the jog dial in mind. Any 3rd party could do it if they desire.

Yes, and the jog dial is also well-utilized by Oxios ToDo (my favorite app).

Guest Bunchie

Ah right this is excellent news. I had read that it was unusable for navigation purposes. I havn't found any apps that use it here in the UK as yet but i'm sure some are bound to pop up sooner or later.