• Devices:Orange SPV C500
Forgot, i have e2k3 + w2k3 + SPV e200

fenice

fenice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
That's the same set-up I have. :)

All I can say is that it's working for me, I know that doesn't help but I'm still a beginner with these products. I do think that Orange have problems with their SMS service, I have seen some failures with my AUTD but they only happened a couple of months ago and since then it's worked fine.

The only thing I can think of is to try this article http://snipurl.com/55ui or post in microsoft.public.mobility.myserver or one of the microsoft.public.exchange.* newsgroups. You get Microsoft people in those groups and they will be able to give you a better insight to troubleshooting the problem than I can.

dh

dh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
Thanks for the advice I'll have a look at the newsgroups, and maybe speak to our Orange account manager.

c2fow

c2fow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Fenice,

Do you get an AUTD each time a new message arrives? I seem to only get one for the first email after taking it out of the cradle? It only then seems to reset itself once the phone has been put back into the cradle and sync'ed via the pass-through. Manual sync'ing wirelessly does not reset it.

Anyone else experienced this?

Tony.

fenice

fenice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
dh

There is now a specific groups for E2K3, have a look at this group microsoft.public.exchange.mobility for some help - there isn't much in there yet but you should get a fairly quick response.

c2fow

Sorry for the late reply, I must have missed the notification of your post. Yes, I do get an AUTD when each new message arrives on my server. AUTD should do an update when each new message arrives or you can have your phone do a check ever 'n' minutes, you set that in ACtiveSync.

dh

dh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
fenice
Just a quick check, are you able to send a normal email to 'phone no.@ornage.net'. In theory that should work. I can't

fenice

fenice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi

I don't normally do that as I use my system for having important email sent to me. I'm just doing some maintenance on my systems but I'll try that later and let you know what happens.

Dr_StrangeTrick

Dr_StrangeTrick

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Devices:HD2 flashed with WP7
Hi everyone, I am still having trouble getting this to work :)

Is there a step by step guide to getting this up and running, I am using Win2003, Exchange 2003 and ISA 2000 I can bring up OMA fine but I get all sorts of Activesync errors. I have checked the activesync references but none of them work or list the errors I am getting :lol:

A few simple questions if I may.

Can I actually use the 2003 server itself to run outlook/activesync on :?: I know you are not supposed to but can you do it or do you need to configure from a workstation :?:

When I am setting up the connection information for activesync I am prompted for the server name. Do I use the the full computer name, the IP address or something else :?:

Lastly if I get the past the first two. For the notifications to be sent they must travel via GPRS, so do I need to do anything special with my ISP or Orange :?:

Any help greatly appreciated.

phillyjaq

phillyjaq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Hope someone can help me. I've got the active sync working, but only sometimes. For days at a time, the push works great and then for a month or so, nothing, or maybe once or twice a day. It's odd. I put my SIM card into another phone and I can see that the sms messages are getting there but sometimes the e200 just doesn't do anything with the message...

Does anyone else have this problem. Also is there some kind of event log for the phone?

keihin

keihin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi on my side everything is set up correct but the AUTD does not kick start the activesync instate it can in as a sms with:-
-------------------------------------------
subject: none
set: 03/08/04 9:38:45 AM

EMAIL
[email protected]
---------------------------------------------

what wrong?? how come the O2 XDA2 does not recognise the code to kick start the activesync???

keihin

keihin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
does any1 know how to solve my above mention problem??

fenice

fenice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
It might be because your phone company doesn't like receiving messages with a blank 'from' line, have a look at this KB article http://snipurl.com/8765

I guess you've got WIN2K3 & E2K3 set-up correctly as per this article http://snipurl.com/8765 Can you sync you phone with the E2K3 server?

keihin

keihin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ya manual sync no prop autd came in as a sms message instate of a control message. i suspect it could be the firewall side or the sms gateway site not very sure.

keihin

keihin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
now the control message stuck at the categorizer how do i flush it and let it start working?? i had try iisreset and restart exchange services.

fenice

fenice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi

I'm afraid that I'm not an expert with E2K3 and still learning it myself. AFAIK, the categorizer will retry the message. Have you turned on any of the Diagnostic Logging for ActiveSync? Does that show anything in event viewer?

ddmf

ddmf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:stuff!
  • Devices:MDA Vario II
Just my two bits worth here...

All this supposes that you've signed up to orange.net's email service with free sms notification.

Basically, i signed up, but not with [email protected] , so instead i placed my [email protected] email address in the activesync device sms address

The step where you enter orange ( @orange.net ) as a mobile operator in exchange manager enables the corporate service provider setting under activesync, and thus if you've not set up [email protected] again makes it pretty much useless.

Now, i reckon if you've paid for an sms gateway, so you can send emails to [email protected], then this'd be where entering the mobile operater would come in handy - especially if you've got a few people in your company with such phones.

Also, you may have to setup mail alerts with orange, not a setting under the email part, but if you go into "your account" it's in there!

Saying all this, even though the proper notification email is going to my account under orange.net, i'm still not getting notification by sms - perhaps it takes a while to become active!?

edit: ignore the orange blah above, as the sms alerts that are sent are malformed. it appears that either autd works through orange or it doesn't!

Developing: Onsite Consultant Invoicing system... Products and Customers on your phone, get them to sign, add notes - sends email to special email address. Invoice server reads email, creates sales order & emails customer. After 3 weeks or >£ amount invoices can be autocreated and emailed...

Mobile History: star-tac 5200 -> pf768 -> t14 -> 3210 -> 8210 -> 8310 -> 7650 -> 7250 -> t610 -> mpx200 -> c500 -> mda compact -> mda vario -> mda vario 2 -> mda varia 3 / nokia n95 -> ???

fenice

fenice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
You don't need to sign up for the email service/sms notification to get AUTD & E2K3.

The AUTD function of Exchange is completely independent of the email service of Orange, I don't have the email/sms notification and my AUTD works flawlessly with Orange.

When the AUTD control sms is sent to Orange it already knows your phone is an Orange registered phone and forwards the control sms to you so it can initiate the AUTD function on the phone.

ddmf

ddmf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

The AUTD function of Exchange is completely independent of the email service of Orange, I don't have the email/sms notification and my AUTD works flawlessly with Orange.

didn't with me, kept bouncing back emails from orange.net - the logs show the sink message being sent (to the right place apparently) but then orange just goes "naah, no such address"...

maybe it's random with orange whether it works or not - oh, and the autd function of exchange heavily relies on orange's email service as you're sending a message through smtp!

Developing: Onsite Consultant Invoicing system... Products and Customers on your phone, get them to sign, add notes - sends email to special email address. Invoice server reads email, creates sales order & emails customer. After 3 weeks or >£ amount invoices can be autocreated and emailed...

Mobile History: star-tac 5200 -> pf768 -> t14 -> 3210 -> 8210 -> 8310 -> 7650 -> 7250 -> t610 -> mpx200 -> c500 -> mda compact -> mda vario -> mda vario 2 -> mda varia 3 / nokia n95 -> ???

fenice

fenice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

.... - oh, and the autd function of exchange heavily relies on orange's email service as you're sending a message through smtp!

No, I'm afraid you are wrong. The AUTD function does not send any SMTP messages through the orange servers. The initial message from E2K3 is an SMS message to your phone via the Orange sms gateway. That SMS gets to your phone and initiates a synchronise with your own Exchange server, it's all done through GPRS via port 443 to the E2K3 server - there's no interaction with Orange SMTP servers at all.

ddmf

ddmf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

.... - oh, and the autd function of exchange heavily relies on orange's email service as you're sending a message through smtp!

No, I'm afraid you are wrong. The AUTD function does not send any SMTP messages through the orange servers. The initial message from E2K3 is an SMS message to your phone via the Orange sms gateway. That SMS gets to your phone and initiates a synchronise with your own Exchange server, it's all done through GPRS via port 443 to the E2K3 server - there's no interaction with Orange SMTP servers at all.

so how does the message get sent from e2k3 then? through the orange smtp service, which in some cases sends a txt, but in most returns an ndr with "no such address" - unless you're NOT using @orange.net as a service under mobile services...

see: http://smartphone.mo...ic.php?p=436457 for a poll on "who can get a txt to their phone by sending a message to [email protected] "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users