E200 going back :/

Guest Rusty

Got my spanky new E200 on saturday from OSPS and was very pleased with it initially. But after a couple of days thinking about it, i have decided to send it back under the 2 week money back thing from Orange.

I already have an SPV which has 2months left to run on the contract, i thought the E200 might be worth getting an extra contract for, then scrap my original SPV contract when it ends in January. However, after seeing the rather long list of faults/shortcomings with the E200 and after bing pissed about by Orange for the last year not sorting out problems with the SPV, i don't have much faith that Orange will rectify any of the E200 faults any time soon.

I was rather hoping and expecting the E200 to be quite problem free, after all, LOTS of feedback must have been gleaned from Canary/Tanager users. But alas, the E200, in it's own way is as buggy as them all and most of the bugs will never be fixed if Orange's past performance is any indicator.

Mine will go back tomorrow and my trusty old Canary gets a reprieve.................if in a couple of months the E200 has been sorted, then who knows :lol:

Guest Pagemakers

I agree with you totally, but for me the E200 is the best thing out there at the moment. I am gobsmacked they haven't listened to us and fixed the problems.

Guest adrianfox

I'm going to take my E200 back to the shop (under SOG act ) this morning becasue

- Has missing pixel on display

- Bad call quality (buzzing sound from earpiece)

- only 4-way joystick

- Bad battery life

not to mention the bugs that have been discovered already!

I don't blame you guys. Mine should be with OSPS now and I'll be getting a call from sales about a new Nokia 6600 :shock:

Roll on the SPV E300. Could it be 3rd time lucky? - Maybe....

Guest chucky.egg
i don't have much faith that Orange will rectify any of the E200 faults any time soon.

Yeah mine's going back as well for the same reasons, and I am absolutely gutted about it!

I expected so much better, and I really don't know what other options there are (P900 is probably the best bet for me personally).

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest rikwebb

Im not sure at the moment, I have 2 days left to think about it BUT, all the bugs are a pain.

Wanted this phone as it has BT and so I could connect it to the BT Car Kit, activesync, GPS, Ipaq, Laptop etc etc.....

So far it only works with the laptop, and activesync, but the battery life is sooooo crap, that you need to dock it anyway, or the battery doesnt last the day !!

I am thinking about sending it back and getting the Nokia 6600. At least with the Nokia's, they do 'what it says on the tin', and have a reasonable battery life!, just the symbian os thats crap IMHO.

I am so disapointed, been waiting for this for months, what a let down....

Rik

Guest rhaleuk

I have to say that Im shcoked so many of you are actually returning the phone. I agree with you that it is not a perfect product, but there isnt anything out there that truly competes in my opinion. Its still a great phone, with some imperfections. Just take a moment to think about everything that it CAN do.

Guest chucky.egg
I have to say that Im shcoked so many of you are actually returning the phone

I'm shocked too, I didn't think it would come to this, but like Rusty said in the first post - I dont believe that O, HTC or MS will actually fix the problems in an acceptable time frame.

I'm not going to keep supporting their real-world beta testing. I'm really disappointed though, and not doing this lightly.

Guest Pagemakers

I'm shocked too, I didn't think it would come to this, but like Rusty said in the first post - I dont believe that O, HTC or MS will actually fix the problems in an acceptable time frame.

I'm not going to keep supporting their real-world beta testing. I'm really disappointed though, and not doing this lightly.

Although I am not returning my phone I agree with your sentiments entirely.

If however, the T9, Email and other bugs are fixed in the Qtek 8080 I would have no hesitation in dumping my E200 tomorrow.

i got mine from osos too.. overall im happy wid da phone, it works fine(so far!!).. i agree that battery life is poor, very poor indeed...

You have a 2 week return policy so why not keep it till next week then return, test it out properly

:lol:

Guest adrianfox

Took my E200 back to the shop today!

One of the plebs tried to convince me that this buzzing sound is "normal". I got a bit riled and the manager took over. The upshot is that I'm getting a replacement sent out tomorrow directly from Orange. I tried another phone at the shop and it manifested exactly the same symptoms.

If the replacement is the same I'm going to push for my money back, even though I upgraded in store (and forfeiting the 14 day money back promise) as IMO the thing is not "fit for purpose".

Guest statscat

it could just be a faulty batch of phones.

I don't get the buzz and just in case it was my hearing I passed it round the office to see if anyone could hear the "vibration / buzz" and they couldn't .......(maybe they are unable to hear the noise who knows)

Guest statscat

goinnuts (hope I got his username right)

seems to think its the speakerphone as the nokia 6600 seems to have similar issues (its in another thread can't remember which)

Guest adrianfox

Just phoned Orange CS 150.

They seem to have changed their tune.

I've been told I can now take my E200 (in shop upgrade) back to the shop for a different model.

They've put a note on my account to this effect.

So mine is going back on Saturday for an MPX200!

Just phoned Orange CS 150.

They seem to have changed their tune.  

I've been told I can now take my E200 (in shop upgrade) back to the shop for a different model.

They've put a note on my account to this effect.

So mine is going back on Saturday for an MPX200!

Sounds :? like a good thing. HTC must really be hurting just about now.

I am sure O has to do the same here in Denmark.

i think im goona send it back to.. dont hav ne problems wit sound but the battery life is not acceptable..... charged it fully this morning, didnt use it too much, still am on 20% atm!!

gonna try a few full charge and empty cycles, if it dont improve im afraid its gotta go back

:cry: :cry:

Guest Pagemakers

Mine's going back for a replacement tomorrow as well. It has lost my T9 saved text about 4 times today. It MUST be my phone. I can't believe everyone's is like this :lol: