E200 going back :/

Guest Rusty

Guest ukpauls

i find this amazing how many of you are complaining about the e200.. i think that this is the best phone around at the moment and think that its a good step up from the spv/e100.. sounds like a lot of people are having problems cos they dont know how to use it as some of the things have changed from the originals.. ok i hear wht people are saying about the call quality, as i had a problem the other day but that was due to my mate's voice is very deep.. it would be interesting to find out if the problem can be sort via software (bass)... but apart from that the phone is wicked and i a very happy person :lol:

Guest Pagemakers

It is the best phone around at the moment but that does not detract from the several major issues with the phone. If everyone says 'luvly luvly' all the time, nothing would ever get fixed.

Guest Squuiid

Got my new SPV E200 yesterday, loved it until I made a call and encountered the BUZZZZZING. Arranged for a replacement for tomorrow. However, I went into an Orange shop to see if the E200s they had there did this and they ALL DO!!! The Orange Personal phone trainer guy just shook his head in disbelief. He couldn't believe O had put these phones on the market with that fault.

I am a diehard SPV fan, but I can't live with the terrible sound quality, it is a PHONE afterall. Cancelled my replacement, they're giving me a refund. :lol:

Have arranged for my e200 upgrade return.

The buzzing is unbearable. And judging from other e200 users, this problem appears to be endemic.

I will use my trusty SPV until the new moto smartphone comes out with built in camera and b/t.

Good luck to all of you e200 owners. I hope that the endless bug list gets sorted out.

Guest Russell@home

I upgraded Sat at the local Orange shop.

There is a buzzing on the earpiece but I don't know how it compares to other peoples.

Had a strange thing earlier, Orange called me (I cannot get GPRS or WAP working) I answered the call & only got the first word he said then silence! I thought it was the earpiece volume so adjusted it & the sound came back, then went again. After a couple more attempts it occured to me that I lost sound every time the earpiece volume graphic disappeared from the screen!!! He took my landline number while I kept pressing up & down on the volume & called back. Still haven't resolved GPRS.

Has anyone used the E200 with the Motorola HS-810 BT headset? I have to have the phone in my pocket & even then, the call becomes crackly I can't have it any further away than that. So much for 10m range (no I'm not that tall!).

Guest sbsdegb1
Have arranged for my e200 upgrade return.

The buzzing is unbearable. And judging from other e200 users, this problem appears to be endemic.

I got my E200 direct from Orange. i don't have any buzzing what so ever. the call quality is crystal clear. I wonder if the shops were sent a faulty batch and O themselves have good ones.

just a thought

Guest rikwebb

Nope, mine is from O, not the shop, and its crap !!

I have just posted what follws on the post about buzzing.....

I ahve done some experimenting, and if you stick a small piece of electrical tape over the earpiece (just covering the holes), the sound quality improves 200% !!

Before anyone say's, I know we dont want tape on our phones....

The results lead me to think it could be the design of the earpiece, not the spearker.

Rik

My replacement E200 is buzzing just as bad as my original so it's going back to Orange. Not even going to bother trying a third one. Will stick with my E100 for the time being and see what new handsets comes out.

Guest Russell@home

I calles OCS & was told that I had to take it back to the Orange store I purchased it from as it was within the first 28 days.

I suppose, at least this way I can keep trying handsets instore until (if) I get a good one!

Guest Pagemakers

Well I have got an E200 and I also bought the Moto because it was free!

Well I've come to the conclusion that not even I need 2 phones at the same time. God only know why I bought 2!

Time to take one back and I have to say it is going to be the Moto.

Not because I don't like it. I didn’t want to like it but the more I used it the better it got. In all the time I had the phone I didn't really find any significant bugs - T9 was remembered always and the battery life was good.

So why is the Moto going back and not the E200.... Errr, maybe because the E200 has a camera (although I never use it), Bluetooth (don't use that either). I prefer the 2003 OS and the fact that the MPX220 is just around the corner worries me. I guess I'm not making much sense here so I'll stop! There is just something about the SPV.......

Give the Moto the facilities of the E200 and it would win hands down. And I'm not a flip phone lover but I would swap tomorrow!

Well I have got an E200 and I also bought the Moto because it was free!

Well I've come to the conclusion that not even I need 2 phones at the same time.  God only know why I bought 2!

Time to take one back and I have to say it is going to be the Moto.

Not because I don't like it.  I didn’t want to like it but the more I used it the better it got.  In all the time I had the phone I didn't really find any significant bugs - T9 was remembered always and the battery life was good.

So why is the Moto going back and not the E200.... Errr, maybe because the E200 has a camera (although I never use it), Bluetooth (don't use that either). I prefer the 2003 OS and the fact that the MPX220 is just around the corner worries me.  I guess I'm not making much sense here so I'll stop!  There is just something about the SPV.......

Give the Moto the facilities of the E200 and it would win hands down.  And I'm not a flip phone lover but I would swap tomorrow!

I think the E200 is a great phone too. But I would go with the moto, since the E200 seems to have a lot of problems.

Battery life, the buzzing thing, non-sim-unlockable as of yet, poor bluetooth connections, the only 5-way joystick issue just to name the most apparent. I think O need to sort this out, before I would agree to go for the SPV ever again.

I am in the returning process, to get the buzzing thing fixed, all else not exactly what I had hope in a smartphone. Many in here are very positive about the moto (and mitac), but the SPV has disappointed once again.

I don't like the clam-shell design either, yet I would still go for the moto instead of the E200 given the chance.

Did I mention O in Denmark don't have the moto yet... really sucks! (as there is no alternative for us here, wanting to stick with ms for mobiles).

Hope they send me a fully functional E200 WITHOUT the buzzing (and stop lying about it)!!!

I am very disappointed to say that I returned my E200 to Orange this week. I had waited so long for it, and what a complete disappointment.

This is a beta release of the product, not a production release. You really can tell that Microsoft is involved here. In all the years of mobile phone usage, I've never had such a flaky product as this; like a piece of beta release PC software.

I've taken the Sony Ericsson T610 instead, a bit of a comedown, but at least all the features work and the sound quality is very good. And the Bluetooth worked straight out of the box.

I guess I'll watch to see if they get the problems ironed out for the E300??

Good luck all.

Never had an SPV before, but I thought I'd try an E200, my does it look fine!

Arrived yesterday from OSPS, got it out & the call quality was truly appaling. Me missus told me to send it back, as for a phone the call quality both sucks & blows.

Called O 150, the woman put the symptoms into the 'diagnostic' computertron & it spat out 'Refer To Tech Support'. She then told me to take it back to the shop within 14 days & get me money back, as tech support would take more than 14 days to reply.

What a steaming pile of whippet s****e!

These hillbillies know full well these phones have a design fault & are trying to fob us off with an inferior product.

Before I get attacked for dissin' the sacred E200, I must say that apart from the tin can telephony, I loved it- the camera seems especially good, the screen & blue lights rule, & it just looks ace.

All I have to do now is send it back & pay for a call to me mother, who sounded like a Dalek with a cold!

Ah well, as I can't take the dissapointment again, it's either a P900 or T610 next, but which one??

Arrived yesterday from OSPS, got it out & the call quality was truly appaling. Me missus told me to send it back, as for a phone the call quality both sucks & blows.

Called O 150, the woman put the symptoms into the 'diagnostic' computertron & it spat out 'Refer To Tech Support'. She then told me to take it back to the shop within 14 days & get me money back, as tech support would take more than 14 days to reply.

These hillbillies know full well these phones have a design fault & are trying to fob us off with an inferior product.

Before I get attacked for dissin' the sacred E200, I must say that apart from the tin can telephony, I loved it- the camera seems especially good, the screen & blue lights rule, & it just looks ace.

All I have to do now is send it back & pay for a call to me mother, who sounded like a Dalek with a cold!

Ah well, as I can't take the dissapointment again, it's either a P900 or T610 next, but which one??