E200 going back :/

Guest Rusty

Never had an SPV before, but I thought I'd try an E200, my does it look fine!

Arrived yesterday from OSPS, got it out & the call quality was truly appaling. Me missus told me to send it back, as for a phone the call quality both sucks & blows.

Called O 150, the woman put the symptoms into the 'diagnostic' computertron & it spat out 'Refer To Tech Support'. She then told me to take it back to the shop within 14 days & get me money back, as tech support would take more than 14 days to reply.

What a steaming pile of whippet s****e!

These hillbillies know full well these phones have a design fault & are trying to fob us off with an inferior product.

Before I get attacked for dissin' the sacred E200, I must say that apart from the tin can telephony, I loved it- the camera seems especially good, the screen & blue lights rule, & it just looks ace.

All I have to do now is send it back & pay for a call to me mother, who sounded like a Dalek with a cold!

Ah well, as I can't take the dissapointment again, it's either a P900 or T610 next, but which one??

Sorry to post 23,000 times folks... It kept giving me PHP errors, so I thought it wasn't working!

Quite ok, as I agree with you 4-fold :lol:

The pda vs. phone thing has been discussed all over this site many times, but here is my go at it (for an e200 alternative) although not many phones can do what it can :cry:

Look into the t610/t630/z600 (all really the same phone, with minor changes) or the p900 if you like sonyericssons... they all work very well. I had a t68 before, and although not the quickest phone (and all the flash-upgrades), the t610 and 'clones' are all further developments from this phone and work well indeed. They have most of what you may need with e-mail, calendar and contacts options, etc..

I liked the MPx200 from what I have read here on MoDaCo, so I am currently waiting for this phone to be delievered. I like the smartphone features, such as easy sync with outlook (the ericcsons will do the same, yet not as nicely, i think), good sms/mms message writing AND handeling... very easy to see what is going on (like windows). Also the MS smartphones allow you to tweak many things on the phone, as I like to set up my own backgrounds and ringtones like *.wma and *.mid (midi). And there are many good programs for the smartphone platform for free. The ericssons can do some of this tweaking also, but not as easily, and I feel the phones are not as 'flexible'.

One good thing about the SonyEricssons, however, is the good battery life.

The p900 is a little pricy and a relative big phone, but if you need 'document-handling' and other pda abilities, it will do it. Also look at the spv e2020 or treo 600 as a pda phone. I did. But be prepared to pay a lot :shock:

There are rumours of a 'soon-to-be' released MPx220, which most likely will have a camera and bluetooth and ms windows 2003 like the e200. But it still won't do all the pda things, but you have a smaller platform and a more 'usable' phone I feel.

Oh, and if you need bluetooth, the ericssons are really much better i believe, than anything else (even Nokias). I almost bought the t610 - since it is fairy cheep and has most feature I know from the t68, but I think it is just too 'general' and similar to all the others ... like Nokias and samsungs/siemens' etc.. You won't be disappointed with a Sony Ericsson.

Yet, I still went for the MPx200...

Couldn't decide whether I wanted an E200 or 6600. Having read your comments, I'm definately going with the 6600. I've had an SPV for a year now and I'm SO sick of all the bugs. I thought they'd all be fixed on the first software update but it didn't seem to do anything. And I'm shocked that they haven't bothered fixing the bugs for the E200. I completely agree with you all. Its a joke that Orange think they can sell half finished products and then not do anything about it. I dont know why Nokias get such a hard time in this forum. They may have been lacking some of the SPV's features a year ago but they've caught up now. And at least their phones do what they're supposed to do.

Guest Pagemakers
Couldn't decide whether I wanted an E200 or 6600. Having read your comments, I'm definately going with the 6600. I've had an SPV for a year now and I'm SO sick of all the bugs. I thought they'd all be fixed on the first software update but it didn't seem to do anything. And I'm shocked that they haven't bothered fixing the bugs for the E200. I completely agree with you all. Its a joke that Orange think they can sell half finished products and then not do anything about it. I dont know why Nokias get such a hard time in this forum. They may have been lacking some of the SPV's features a year ago but they've caught up now. And at least their phones do what they're supposed to do.

Compared to the SPV, even with it's bugs you will be disappointed with the Nokia 6600. I was.

www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17336

Why were you disappointed with the 6600? I've read that the email and internet browsing isn't as good as the SPV but I'm sure it can be fixed with 3rd party software. I'm sure the amount I'll spend on Symbian software will be nothing compared to the amount I had to spend on software for my SPV to get that up to spec. From what I've seen, there also seems to be much more software for the Symbian OS and it seems to be much more useful software as well. Spreadsheet, Word and Finance software for example.

Just as a followup, now got a P900 on O2.

If you go down your local O2 shop, the P900 is free on the 400 min £45 pcm contract.

I only wish we could do the same here in Denmark!

Orange, I feel, need to impliment some of the same deals and customer options here, as I see no reason why not.

Pleeeease give us more phones to choose from :lol:

Cheers.