Application unlock (decert) your Orange UK MPx200

Guest alphaflux

Guest alphaflux

Please please please ~please~ stop reporting this post! I've lost count of the number of times i've cleared the reports now! Cheers, Mono.

EDIT awarner title change as only Orange UK MPX should need decerting

as other networks phones are decerted as standard.

Hello again,

PLEASE READ ALPHAFLUX'S POST IN PAGE 7 OF THIS THREAD FOR UPDATES

NOTE if you have a newer MPX200 then you can only decert your phone at the Orange developers site.

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

I got tired of waiting for a response from the Orange engineering/technical team; and with the lack of any real dates being posted for an OTA unlock from Orange, I decided to take matters into my own hands! :twisted: It has taken a few days and a number of hard resets (I don’t care to count how many!), but I finally cracked it! I hold in my hand a fully application unlocked (de-certified) MPx200, running all manner of uncertified applications. :lol:

Anybody interested? Thought you might be! Just read on... :wink:

The MPx200 security is by default set lower than that of the SPV, which is what makes this possible. It may work on the SPV series as well, but from experience during testing, the SPV security policy prevents it. It’s worth noting though that I don’t own an SPV, so can’t really confirm this. Give it a go, it’s simple to do and what have you got to loose?!?! (I would be especially interested to know if anyone has any success with this method on the e100/e200).

I promised an easy unlock and that’s what you’ll get … There is no need for a hard reset, in fact no need to even reboot your phone! And not only that, but it will survive a soft reset and will work for any MPx200. Almost feels criminal! :twisted:

I know what you are thinking, stop blabbing and get to the point already! I am almost there, honestly! Just a tiny little bit more first…

Now you'll just have to trust me on this one, and I might be reading too much into it, but the implications of this method are massive and more than a little disturbing to say the least! :shock: So much so, I was in 2 minds about putting this out. When you see how its done, if you care, you’ll understand why. I for one will certainly be checking the installation scripts of unsigned apps in the future!

So, for the good of the nation and the sanity of MPx200 owners (maybe newer SPVs too)… Just download the attached "unlock" cabinet file (you’ll need to be registered and logged into see the files), copy it to your phone and install. Now install an uncertified application and see it in all its glory. That’s all there is to it! And to be complete I have also attached a re-lock cabinet, just in case anyone wants it! How that for service!

Just be warned, don’t play with the settings! Changes to the policy values will lock your phone down harder that it is now and prevents this method from working again without a hard reset. I know should know; I managed to lock my phone down harder than fort knox. I almost cried. :cry: Don’t say I didn’t warn you! For those of you out there that don’t heed my advice, a hard reset can be performed on the MPx200 by holding down the blue action and power buttons at the same time. :wink:

Take care, and enjoy the MPx200 to its full potential! ;)

Special thanks go to all those people out there who did the original work on the SPV. Without which, this would not have been possible.

Alphaflux, over and out.

Alphaflux Unlock.CAB

Alphaflux Lock.CAB

that's excellent, i just thought i'd catch up on my modoco news and saw this! wow! i'm getting my moto mpx200 tomorrow and i'm sure to install this CAB. Cheers alphaflux

Oh now that's just a joke - what kind of application locking is that??

I think no application locking would be better than the false sense of security this would lend..

DoomSPV running like a treat, thanks :lol:

Eid Mubarak all

It runs at pretty much standard speed, maybe a dash slower than on my old pc. - mind you, I had msn on in the background along with several other apps (inbox etc).

I'm using the version on Mono's site - is this the debug build or the standard one, as there appears to be a .dbg file created?

Guest alphaflux

Yeah, I know. Tell me about it. :lol: It hurts just thinking about the implications ! :? As I said in the original post, I was concerned about releasing this, but then someone else is bound to work it out sooner or later. Its better that the awareness of what can be really done with a simple installer cabinet is put out now, before some virus writer figures it and uses it against us.

I sincerely advise anyone running an unlocked phone to check the setup scripts before they run them.

The unlock is just a bonus ! :wink:

On a brighter note, has anyone tried it on an recent SPV yet ?

Guest Richie M

OMG thats mad.

The security policy settings are the same that get change OTA, myself and Will did make a CAB that changed these but wouldnt work on the SPV due to the privledges. Not having a Moto (yet) never thought of applying it to the mpx200.

well done alphaflux =D>

Guest Schioett

Hey!

I tried it on a danish SPV E200 but it wouldn't install :lol:

(it just says that the program didn't install)

The E200 is kinda software-unlocked, but some areas of the phone is still locked so it would be wonderfull with with a cab like this for the SPV.

Cheers

Jesper

Guest inspectorgadjet

Going to try it on xenose's MPx200 in a few minutes...but just so you SPV E200 users know, the E200 is definitely unlockable via the developer's site. I did it the very first day I got the phone. :lol:

Guest mcwarre
You, Sir, are the MAN. Feel free to come to my house and roger my girlfriend.

Poole's a fair way away from here, but it'll be worth it, trust me :)

I have just changed my name to Alphaflux,

Can I have a picture please and what is her address?

Thanks,

The All New Alphaflux :lol: ;) :(

Guest alphaflux

UKMadBeef: Tempting, but don't think my wife would appreciate that too much ! :wink: Good luck to the new alphaflux though ! :lol:

Richie M: Yeah, understood ... and I agree that with the security policies on the SPVs this method is a no go, but that doesn't mean there isn't another way just waiting to be found! :wink: I've had some further ideas about other ways to do it, not using install cabinets. If I come up with anything I'll get it posted. I am just playing, if people find what I do for fun valuable (am I sad or what!), then all the better. However, with the apparent available support for the SPV series via Orange developers site, its a bit of a mute point anyway.