e200 buzz partial bodge fix

Guest bikespod

Guest bikespod

here's a funny thing. take the round clear sticky label that held sd card into its cardboard thing. stick it over earpiece, trim off overhang and carefully put holes thru on two outside bracket shaped earpiece holes. buzz much reduced. test using 150 call. not great, but removes some of the annoyance. ok so its far from a solution, but it really does cut the buzz by 50% and you can hardly see it. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest spacecowboy6982

My E-200 didnt have much of a buzz, and now thanks to your tip its got none !! :(

Great (temporary) solution :lol: p.s. im guessing you've been fired from your job if you had time to figure this one out lol ;)

spacecowboy

Guest bikespod

:lol: Glad its worked for one of the 90 odd people who have looked at this. I know its not at all technical, but i found having a finger in the way helped, so thought this might cut out some of the inteference from whatever frequency was causing it.

Still employed thankfully, get to work alone a lot, so its easy to waste a bit of time experimenting. :wink:

by the way, I'm a bit of a novice to this chat code. what is lol??

Guest rikwebb

Sorry Bikespod

Didnt see this until after I had posted on the Buzzing post.

I had figured out something simular, with electrical tape. Seems to work.

BUT for £150 - its not the solution, I want a working phone.

I am sure its says in the dictionary that a telephone is a voice communication device (or something like that). Do you think we should send O a dictionary??? :wink:

Rik

Guest snakeeater

Ive heard better sound quality but to be honest my E200 doesnt really have a 'buzzing' noise during a call, and certainly not to the point of not being able to hear the other person. I think some of ya have got knackered handsets :?

Guest bikespod

I'm beginning to suspect we may have a dodgy batch too, as more people are saying there's nothing wrong with theirs. i presume we can claim for a faulty handset on orange insurance if it doesn't improve/get fixed by update. no problem rikwebb, great minds bodge alike :wink:

Could you post the beginning of your phone serial numbers to see if there's a pattern ? we found out on Smartphony that units beginning with HT342 seem to have this problem ...

Guest Dectomax

Kevlar,

Contacted onestop, this is what they said :-

"If you have a faulty Orange handset I require you to call Orange and obtain a DIAGNOSTIC FAULT CODE from them. The fault code is specific to you and is obtained after answering questions about the nature of the fault. Please make sure it is a DIAGNOSTIC code that you get.

Once that has been obtained please call our customer service team on 0845 456 7878 who will advise you of the correct procedure to return your phone to us for a replacement."

Guest Coolboy1982
Could you post the beginning of your phone serial numbers to see if there's a pattern ? we found out on Smartphony that units beginning with HT342 seem to have this problem ...

My last one did indeed start with HT342 and buzzed like hell.

Even people on the other end couldn't hear me properly.

My newly arrived replacement however starts with HT344 and

buzzes, too, though not as strongly.

EDIT - well, actually it buzzes about just as bad.

My phone starts with H344D code, and has a very minor buzz, which either putting my thumb over the speaker or the aformentioned tape option fixes.

I tried outputting various pitches through the speaker and it definately gets worse as the bass increases; I think this is causing sympathetic vibration in the speaker casing. I read elswhere that the speaker foam was rather hard that certainly wouldn't help.

As a temporary fix try asking anyone calling you to speak in a high pitch! :lol:

Guest Coolboy1982

My last one did indeed start with HT342 and buzzed like hell.

Even people on the other end couldn't hear me properly.

My newly arrived replacement however starts with HT344 and

buzzes, too, though not as strongly.

EDIT - well, actually it buzzes about just as bad.

Just to add to what I wrote before about the serial numbers:

Had a HT342D (buzzed), HT344D (buzzed, possibly a tiny little

bit less) and now I had my next replacement, a HT343D, which

buzzes just as bad as the first one.

I complained again and will get a call tomorrow and possibly my

4th e200 (3rd replacement).

PLEASE ALL DON'T FIX THE THING YOURSELF, BUT KEEP ASKING FOR REPLACEMENTS UNTIL ORANGE WILL BE SO FINANCIALLY HURT THAT

THEY ARE FORCED TO FIND A QUICK SOLUTION FOR ALL (E.G. SOFTWARE

UPDATE).

I am a new Orange E200 owner and my handset is an HT343D.

I can hear the conversation, etc, but I do notice a buzz. It sounds to me like a squelch from a sampling frequency problem.

This is the first time I have deviated from Nokia handsets over the years and I think Nokia sets the gold standard on clarity. There was never any buzz on any of my Nokia handsets; the reception was always crystal clear. And I believe this is how any handset should perform. I like the extra functionality on the E200, but at the expense of its primary function, I'd say this means there's a design problem.

I have the ActiveSync working properly over USB, but Bluetooth I cannot get to work and also the Smartphone Configuration Wizard on the CDROM will not seem to work either.

Anyone else having these problems?

My E-200 didnt have much of a buzz...

spacecowboy

People like you...

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...=asc&highlight=

Not to call anyone liars, or?

Real reason for this post, however, WAS a sim-unlocking question! Anyway, Spacecowboy... you have convinced me only to say, that anyone (incl. the persons who has voted YES, in the recent poll regarding the 'buzzing') who says they don't have a buzz are:

NOT TELLING THE TRUTH OR DON'T KNOW BETTER!!!

Sorry, everyone, but this is what I FELL.

Why don't we have it... give us the 'good' build numbers then. Don't think so?!

Anyone that has a phone and acceptingly fell it is ok to have a buzz and that 'their' buzz is bearing, I must say, I feel you are wrong to accept this. I haven't had many different phones (Nokia 8210, T68i etc.) yet have NEVER had a phone with such a poor quality for general calls.

Sure, this is a great phone with many features and great .wma play quality...

BUT it is useless for me, unless it can handle calls efficiently with good quality. The battery issue just makes the phone even more useless!

As of now, I am convinced that returning it for good, is the only right thing to do.

SAD STORY!

Mine is going back today. :cry: HT345D, Copenhagen, Denmark, as 'bad' as all the others.

SO keep putting tape on your phones, lads, or retur the damn thing...

BUZZZZ, OVER AND OUT!

/G