e200 sync'ing via bluetooth

Guest congeuro

Guest congeuro

Hi all, I got my e200 the other dya and have been trying to you the bluetooth sync function.

I pair the phone with my computer, but all it will recongnise is the voice and dial up profile, not the bluetooth serial port!? the sync workds fine with my Nokia 7650 and I have all the lastest drivers etc.

Anyone else had this problem, any help would be greatly apreciated!!

Guest Dumdidum

Just enable bluetooth on SPV E200 and then go into "Activesync" and choose "connect using bluetooth"!

In ActiveSync PC you have to set the rights COM-Port (4 by me)

Guest congeuro

Thanks Dumdidum, but when I try to acually pair the phone with my PC, its doesnt even give me an option for using the BT serial port, its set to COM 8 on mine, I have chaged Activesync on my PC to COM 8 as well, but when I try to active sync, or to set up AS, my phone asks me to bond with a device supporting AS profile.

On my nokia 7650, the services show OBEX Push, Serial port etc, a total of about 4 services, but I only get 2 for my SPV! I have tried discovering services and this still doesnt work!

Thanks again

Guest congeuro

Thanks for the help so far, but I have tried adjusting the COM port number, I dont have a virtual COM port for the phone at all. I am using a Logitech DiNivo keyboard and mouse set and this uses the Widcomm software.

When I go to the "My bluetooth Places" folder to see all my bluetooth connections, it will allow me to see what services are available for each connected device, with my Nokia it shows several including virtual serial port. This does not happen with my Voyager

Thanks for the help so far!

Guest RobMiles

I had a TDK Bluetooth adapater which didn't seem to work. I've replaced it with a Sitecom and that seems fine. However, there is one gotcha. In the past when I've paired devices with the PC all their resources have been visible in the Bluetooth neighbourhood on the PC. This didn't happen with the TDK (there was no serial port connection) so I assumed that the TDK implementation was faulty. When the same thing happened with the Sitecom I tried fiddling:

When I tried the Set up BT ActiveSync on the E200 it muttered about bonding with a device which implements the serial connection.

Then I tried the "Connect Via Bluetooth option". At this point the PC end noticed that a device with a serial port was trying to connect. I allowed the connection and then told activesync to use the com port (COM7) which Bluetooth provides. At this point it all started working.

You might find that trying a Sync via Bluetooth option will just work. If not, you may have to get another Bluetooth adapter. I got my Sitecom CN-500 from Maplin, who are doing them for 29 quid on special at the moment.

Guest MrMagoo
Thanks Dumdidum, but when I try to acually pair the phone with my PC, its doesnt even give me an option for using the BT serial port, its set to COM 8 on mine, I have chaged Activesync on my PC to COM 8 as well, but when I try to active sync, or to set up AS, my phone asks me to bond with a device supporting AS profile.

On my nokia 7650, the services show OBEX Push, Serial port etc, a total of about 4 services, but I only get 2 for my SPV! I have tried discovering services and this still doesnt work!

Thanks again

The services the phone is offering are irrelevant here. you want to use a service on the pc called "Bluetooth serial port".

Try this:

1. go to "My Bluetooth places"

2. "view devices in range"

3. if your phone is not there, on the e200 go to settings / bluetooth and press Menu - 1 Bonded devices. if you don't see your pc listed, press Menu - 1 New and wait for it to discover your pc. then press Add. you will need to enter the pin code for the dongle here (on mine the pc also popped up a dialog saying the phone was trying to bond and prompted to allow it or not. then it prompted for the pin).

4. your phone should be bonded now, so right click it in My Bluetooth Places and select properties/authorisation, then make sure Bluetooth Serial Port is checked.

5. on the phone press Start/9/7 to open ActiveSync and then press Menu/"4 Connect via Bluetooth".

Do not use the option in "Configurations" called "BT ActiveSyncSetup" - it doesn't seem to work.

Good Luck

Guest JampoTT

The key point is #4 above - I bought a dongle from Ebay and it didn't work straight away - but selecting the device and checking all the boxes in the properties as above got it working straight off.....

I have the same problem and I have done all the above including ticking off the bluetooth serial in the properties.

When I try to connect via bluetooth my e200 gets an error message that says "cannot connect to pc" "Close other programs that may be using the connection and try again".

I dont know what to try next.

Thanks for any info/help.

Guest MrMagoo
done all of that, and the port selection box in PC ActiveSync is greyed out now!

if you have usb enabled as a connection method, uncheck it then close the dialog, open it up again and you should be able to change the com port.

Guest jonblakeburn

I downloaded the latest Widcomm drivers, and then followed MrMagoo's instructions (loosely) and it works a treat. Only gripe I have is that when you've sync'd, how do you close the connection?

You can stop Bluetooth, but that doesn't close the PC's end. This means that when you try to sync again next time, the phone thinks the PC is still in use, and cannot complete the connection.

Any clues? :?

Guest MrMagoo

sorry, i can't help you -

if i turn off bluetooth on the phone or take it out of range, the pc automatically disconnects and is ready for a new connection.

Guest bikespod

help. i've got my e200 paired with my laptop. the bluetooth dongle is a penblue 40m job. i've got the virtual serial port set to com 4, the activesync to com 4, local services to com 4 and client to com 5 as 4 isn't an option. the boxes are checked. i'm a technospaz, get me out of this cycle of changing settings please. :? i keep getting the following error message when i try to active sync from the phone "unable to connect, verify dial up or proxy settings are correct" any help much appreciated.

Guest jonblakeburn
where are the latest widcomm drivers?

I'll find the URL for you when I get home.

I found them by searching through Google. Something like "Download+Widcomm+Drivers" I think...

Guest Russell@home

This is driving me mad!

I still cannot get this to work! if I change the COM port in AS to COM4 then AS tries to connect (I get the green disc) but the phone still cannot connect. I tried running the BT setup wizard & changing the COM port but still no luck.

Please help!

Russ

Guest phdutton

I am also having trouble getting the phone to sync.

The Bluetooth dogle is set up with a Virtual Com Port on Com6, Active Sync is listening on Com6. The computer and phone can see each other. But when I try and connect (Connect via Bluetooth in Active Sync), I get an error message like this:

"Cannot connect to PC.

Close other programs that may be using the connection and try again"

I've got no other bluetooth devices that could be using the connection!

Any help would be appreciated. I have had it working, but have no idea how I did it, and now I can't get it working again!

Cheers

Pete.

Guest bikespod

I eventually got mine working, this was achieved by having the dongle plugged in from the start before installing the software. well after removing it. It then went through a slightly different setup procedure on the install wizard, sorry couldn't begin to tell the details, but it works. bleedin' marvellous :!: :lol: