What is the point of Mr Orange being here?

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Guest morpheus2702

So this has been moved to off-topic? No problem with that.

But the poll has gone too?

So much for freedom of speech on MoDaCo!

Dare anyone even suggest anymore that Orange are ever wrong?!?

Guest midnight

blinkered? get real, who do you think was one of the first to spot the joystick problems, yes, it was us while testing kumite, this is my biggest, and only problem with the e200, why? cos it affects sales of the game (and any future games), so i think the whole situation affects me just a little bit more than you just having a few bugs on the phone

what Mr O posted was an official reply from Orange about the recall situation, these where not Mr O's own words

oh, and the title of this topic suggests that you dont want Mr O here

Guest MARKUKCOUK

um no...

What is the point of Mr Orange being here?

that suggests to me, someone (myself) asking what the poitn of mr orange being here is. surprisingly.

as for it being an official response - please do correct me if im wrong, but i believe the big fanfare on his arrival included modaco suggesting he would respond to issues raised by us. not to simply ignore them.

as i said earlier, its directed more at orange's handling of the situation really, not a direct attack.

as for being blinkered... why has the fairly explained poll - with equal positive poll replys to negative available to chose from wiped?

Could it have anything to do with the fact the poll suggested its more than just a few "troublemakers" unhappy?

Guest midnight

firstly, Mr Orange hasnt replied himself because as you should know, he is currently in Taiwan talking to the people at HTC, he posted this in the 1.6 thread, and has said he will find out the current situation regarding 1.6 and the e200 launch. The reason he posted the official reply is simple, the allegations that the E200 was being recalled is damaging, and needed to be solved as quickly as possible, any company would do the same thing. And i'm absolutely positive when Mr Orange gets back from Taiwan on Monday? we will see answers to the 1.6 update and the E200 situation.

I think you'll find that Mr Orange has replied to several threads as best he could, some information he simply cannot divulge, that was also mentioned when he first joined.

If (as you say) you are asking in your own personal way 'what is the point of Mr Orange being here?', then why do you need a public poll? the answer is... to answer any questions (he is allowed to answer without threatening his position at Orange), that may be through Paul, or answer the questions himself. This isnt part of his job, Orange havent told him to do this as far as i'm aware, and he does it in his spare time, just like the rest of us. And because you have mentioned Mr Orange and not just Orange, you have singled him out, it is therefore i think it is a personal attack

Fiorstly, I think I have to agree with Midnight, that, even tho nobody is deliberately trying to personally attack Mr. Orange - the whole thread does come accross that way. It's impossible really to seperate the issues. The negative comments are really all directed at Orange the company - nobody is trying to hold Mr. O personally responsible for the e200 compliants, or 1.6 update complaints. But as the official representative for Orange at Modaco - it is only to be expected that people will single hime out for criticism, when they feel that Orange (the company) has let them down (again).

I do think tho that the situation is being further enflamed by comments such as this -

The reason he posted the official reply is simple, the allegations that the E200 was being recalled is damaging, and needed to be solved as quickly as possible, any company would do the same thing.

I mean, don't get me wrong Mid, I'm not trying to start an argument with you, but anybody who is annoyed about the 1.6 update (like me!) would react to this statement with something like - "oh, & the 1.6 update situation isn't dmamging enough to warrant any replies then?? Does it not need to be solved quickly??".

Know what I mean?? & then the whole situation comes full circle again, because in the end, everybody is just arguing each individual point.

I'm not trying to rekindle the fracas here - quite the opposite, I think the issues raised in this thread have been treated very poorly by alot of users. It's understandable that people feel p**sed off about their phones for whatever reason, & personally I agree that there has been an awful lack of communication about various issues - but the fact still remains that Mr. O is part of Modaco out of his own spare time. More often than not, his answers will merely reflect the Orange company policy - nobody can argue with that, it's the guys job! At the same time tho - you have to say, that if Mr. O is only here to give us the odd press release (which is definately NOT what was inferred when he joined the forum) then anyone could simply log onto the Orange website & read all the corporate sound bites they want. But realistically, people don't want to hear some carefully chosen words which do not address any real issues - they just wanna know what's going on.

Guest midnight

i meant damaging as in downright lies :lol:

I do know that people are waiting for 1.6, and are getting upset (quite rightly so) but the simple answer is, we don't know what the timescales are, we'll all have to wait until Mr Orange gets back on Monday (I think), and hopefully he will have the answers for us.

Guest casper508

Mid dont get me wrong here but you (and all mods) have had the 1.6 update for AGES havent you? You've tested it and have been happy with it. WE HAVENT ! So i guess you are not really understanding our frustration here. All this flamming is very much expected in my opinion.

Cas

Guest midnight

the update makes no difference to me, i dont use msn, had no problems with the sms counter (just dont let the text go off the first page, its easy people :lol:), and i dont use gprs, so, no, i dont understand the frustration, you are correct. But, the simple fact is, that having a poll about MR Orange is well out of order. A poll about any member of this forum is, and the poll would have been removed just the same.

And if you want frustration, how do you think I, as a games creator, who makes his living from making computer games, feels about the E200 joystick not having diagonals, when we have spent so much time and effort to make Kumite the best beat em up on any mobile device? your frustration is nothing compared to mine, trust me, and Orange havent even replied about the E200 diagonals problem yet, but i'm happy to wait for an anwer from Mr Orange ;)

Guest casper508
the update makes no difference to me, i dont use msn, had no problems with the sms counter (just dont let the text go off the first page, its easy people :lol:), and i dont use gprs, so, no, i dont understand the frustration, you are correct.

Exactly the point midnight. Ppl who are frustrated DO use these services hence they have every right to be angry for the lack of support.

But yes I do agree that this thread has become nothing more than a personal attack on Mr Orange. But you know the reason too. No proper info from O. Lack of info at 150/156. No official release date from O. So who did ppl turn to, Mr O. And as he's the only one here in an OFFICIAL capacity albiet a 'part-time' one so I guess such rants WILL be targeted at him.

Cas