Non-buzzing E200 batch numbers... let's have them!

Guest Gnuig

I have been following the word on the buzzing thing for a bit now, as I was one of the unlucky new owners to receive a faulty E200.

So far I have read that "bad" batch numbers are:

HT342

HT343

HT344

and

HT345

Some have mentioned their batch numbers with or without the D's as part of their S/N, but I don't know if this is of relevance? Anyone?

Now comes the main point of my topic!!! :shock:

Can the owners of the "good" phones... without the buzzing... PLEASE post your batch numbers here!!!

It would be really nice to hear from anyone with no buzzing, that can provide additional build numbers, as this may help solve the issue...

maybe even give Orange a chance to figure this hu-ha out :?

Please try to be honest about the buzzing thing, as I know some of the 27% - non-buzzing voters (from the recent poll) still said they have "almost" no buzzing. I still consider that to be a faulty phone, as I believe many others would too.

Anyway... enough said!

So let's have them... ALL THE GOOD BATCH NUMBERS :lol:

Guest shadamehr

On my box outer, on the identification label panel, I have a line that starts:

S/N: HT343Dxxxxxxx

If this means that I have a HT343 batch, then to the best of my knowledge, whilst I CAN complain about everything else on the phone, er to be fair, my call quality seems ok???

Mmmm....

Guest ajfoggy

My phone is from batch HT342, now I don't know whether it is bad or not because it doesn't seem to buzz all the time, but I do have it on the lowest volume.

I guess the bad phones buzz a lot even with the volume down or are people complaining about nothing.

If you play an MP3 without the headphones in the phone it seems to play this very clearly without any noise. Now I guess the MP3 is played through the same speaker as the voice on a phone call which means that the speaker cannot be the fault???

Does that make sense???

Guest kiddybaggie

Dont wont to alarm anyone fellas but my E200 is from batch number HT343 and it doesn't buzz at all, its pretty damn fine to be exact.

This kinda contradicts the "bad batch" scenario. Surely this means it can't be batch related and just down to individual handsets????

Guest leo-balou

HT344 - Buzzed at first and then went away (but already had a replacement on the way).

New phone is HT344 again - this one buzzes even more than the first.

I'm going to wait and see if quietens down a bit - the last one did. Maybe the speaker needs breaking in or something. Gods know but I'm not re-installing all my software again.

Guest leo-balou

Forgot to mention - I had the battery replaced too.

I gave it a right old charge-up to start (24 hours plus) and so far it seems to be much better than the first one I had.

Guest mdw_cubed

I have had two HT343s. First one replaced because if the buzz. Second one is just the same.

I was going to give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes.

Guest lukeyboy

BAD BATCH MY ARSE - It's totally pot luck. The quality of the phone MUST be shocking. 1 or 2 in a 1000 being s*** is acceptable, but it seems from the poll its about 500/1000 which are s***. Someone phone up watchdog :lol:

Guest hamed khan

Hey Guys, my first post here EVER! What a great community!

HT341 (i think that's a first here) buzzing is quite bad, it's a replacement as well, but i can't be bothered getting another replacement cos it's bound to have the same problem.

BAD BATCH MY ARSE - It's totally pot luck. The quality of the phone MUST be shocking. 1 or 2 in a 1000 being s*** is acceptable, but it seems from the poll its about 500/1000 which are s***. Someone phone up watchdog :D

Hamed Khan -> Welcome to the forum... sad story, I know how you feel.

Lukeyboy -> Yeah, I guess this may be right. Had hoped for more different batch S/N's which could have given us some idea if certain E200s were being produced poorly, compared to others.

Just so everyone knows I had a bad one with S/N HT345D.... as I live en Copenhagen, Denmark. Guess the S/N's also has to do with country distribution (my guess, anyway).

Mine was really bad, and I am hoping O will find a solution, as I refuse to have a phone that doesn't work the way it is supposed to.

Generally, I think it is a breakdown in good manufacturing skills! HTC/MS/Orange need to fix the source to the faulty phones, whereever it may be.

Will we ever know what the problem is?! :? Think it will be a while until they come to their senses and tell us what's going on (and admit to it).

Anyway,

I guess this thread is turning out like all the previous ones. I see a few newbie posters, and I am really happy for all of you that have the flawless E200's... yet I don't really believe all I read in here, from just anyone :roll:

Maybe some O'people trying to salvage the situation (there goes my silly imagination), who knows?! :lol:

However one thing is for sure...

MoDaCo is a really nice forum. Glad to be here, as I have always loved tech-stuff, and (still) believe the MS smartphone platform has a lot to offer in the future, as MS and phone manufacturers are very close to getting it right (with the SPV).

Hope to get a moto sometime in the future, as I have read some good things about it and don't really need the camera nor bluetooth 8)

Maybe, when the new mitac 8390 comes out, I'll go for that!

L8R M8s...

Guest Pondrew
Hey Guys, my first post here EVER! What a great community!  

HT341 (i think that's a first here) buzzing is quite bad, it's a replacement as well, but i can't be bothered getting another replacement cos it's bound to have the same problem.

Nah Khan, you're not the first. But I'm glad you posted. Was starting to wonder what happened to all the other E200s in my batch :!:

Guest damianbyrne

HT343 No problems, However I did go into the Orange shop where I got my phone from and they advised I could get refund/exchange (Despite being an upgrade), You need to take the phone and all contents to the shop, (including the Christmas crap too). Im happy with mine so Im Keeping it, plus I sold my SPV so I'd be stuck for something to beat it. Also I wouldnt be able to play on Modaco if I didnt get a smartphone now would I,