E200 car charger - where?

Guest adicken

Guest adicken

Not sure if this has been posted before. Anyone know where to geta car charger for my SPV E200 fom? My charger for my old SPV doesn't seem to work. Please help!!!

Guest 4runner

I bought an e100 car charger on ebay and it did'nt fit my e200. I bought because I thought I read on here that the chargers and cradles were the same for the e200 as the e100. Not so I now know.

However I have a bodge. I have an old nokia charger 402 I think which end fits in the the adapter plug you get with your e200. I am going to cut of the end on the nokia and e100 chargers and solder the nokia onto the e100 and use the e200 adapter.

4runner

Guest adicken

Found one on Ebay from PDA Addons. I emailed them and they assure me that it is compatable with the E200, so i have purchased one. Any problems and i wil let you know in this post. :lol:

Guest shampoo

I have purchased a car charger from PDA Addons, which is the one described as being suitable for the E100 and E200. I have tried it this morning with the E200, and it doesn't work. It fits the phone OK, and the green light on the charger lights up, but the phone doesn't start charging. I have emailed them today to let them know it's not working, and will advise on here of the outcome.

Has anyone else successfully managed to get a car charger to work (out of the box rather than by using a solder?!!)

Matt

I sent these guys an email confirming the compatibilty of their chargers with the E200, here is their reply:

Any of the products marked upon our SPV E200 accessories page are compatible with the SPV E200. If there are any problems with any products then you can return the goods to us in there original condition and as long as they are faulty and are deemed faulty by ourselves we will exchange the goods over for you or within the first 7 working days can offer a full refund.

Apart from their returns policy bordering on the unlawful :roll: £19.99 for the original (I assume Orange) car charger, is that a good price?

there is 2 ways to apply charge to the e200(as it will charge from just an unmodded e100 cradle with no power supply).

i guess, my car charger does charge (red light comes on etc). but i'm unsure if a 'non sync' cable will work. (i have always used sync and charge cables.

Guest adicken

Got my new charger from PDA Addons and low and behold it doesn't work!!! Will email them to see what they say. This is annoying as i had asked them to confirm that it did indeed work with the SPV E200! :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mardeman

I bought my charger from MobileFun. Service was great, shame it does not work. I also bought a desktop charger. Same problem.

I have read somewhere this morning that the voltage (or something - I am not technical enough) is different.

V.Annoying, although I have found out this mornign that keeping the SD card in drains the battery.

Unfortunately, one of the items you have ordered is temporarily out of stock but

a large delivery is expected very soon. We have placed your order for this on

hold and will notify you as soon as we have more information.

The item that is in stock will be processed as normal and the remaining item

will follow in due course.

OUT OF STOCK  2 x Original In Car Charger for SPV and XDA 

IN STOCK      1 x Original Mains Charger for SPV and XDA 

A recent order placed with Freedom Mobile. :) They have kept me up to date, which is good. But I seem to be having a lot of bad luck as far as ordering items which are shown as in stock, but aren't. :x

I just hope the stuff actually works with the E200. :roll:

Guest mdw_cubed
Got my new charger from PDA Addons and low and behold it doesn't work!!!  Will email them to see what they say.  This is annoying as i had asked them to confirm that it did indeed work with the SPV E200! :cry:

I got my usb sync cable and car charger adapter from PDA Addons back in January for my SPV. I tried it out on my first E200 and it worked. The first time I tried the charge light came on for a while, but didn't seem to charge properly. The next time I had let the phone drop to 1 bar. Left it on charge for 40 mins while driving home and when I checked the "Main battery" bar in Power Management it had definitely gone up. :)

Haven't tried it on my 4th E200 tho. :wink:

Guest matt_hobson

Orange have said that they are not bringing any accessories out for the SPV e200 until Jan 2004. And any other devices are not reccommended. So that may clear up some of the issues on when a charger will be available.

I sent these guys an email confirming the compatibilty of their chargers with the E200, here is their reply: 

Quote: 

Any of the products marked upon our SPV E200 accessories page are compatible with the SPV E200. If there are any problems with any products then you can return the goods to us in there original condition and as long as they are faulty and are deemed faulty by ourselves we will exchange the goods over for you or within the first 7 working days can offer a full refund. 

Apart from their returns policy bordering on the unlawful  £19.99 for the original (I assume Orange) car charger, is that a good price?

If you look on their accessores for the SPV e200 it has the Nokia + Sony Ericsson bluetooth headsets, despite the fact that when u phone they say that those 2 DEFINATELY WILL NOT WORK, and that the website is wrong. Orange say that nothing on their website under the SPV e200 will defiantely work with the phone, and it is all an error.

This is worrying, if only because it will take time and effort to get a refund if/when the accessories I ordered don't work. Having said that, I am starting to enjoy, in a rather perverse way, tackling these companies. For a while now I buy products anticipating problems and I am rarely disappointed. Customer satisfaction is not as important as it used to be. :)

I have an email stating the products will work and if they don't I can use this (and the Sale of Goods Act) to seek a refund. Let battle commence...

Guest mardeman

I have sent both my chargers back with a letter demanding postage aswell, as they have a specific web page for SPV E200 and the items do not work.

The problem - I still do not have a car charger......

HELP.

Guest shampoo

I posted on here earlier that my charger from PDAAddons didn't work with the E200. I emailed them and they replied really quickly, apologising and asking me to return the charger for a refund. I did return it, by registered post, but then heard nothing. However I checked the royal mail website and it said it hadn't been delivered. When I queried this with PDAAddons, they said they'd check with their local delivery office and confirmed they would refund me in the meantime. They were a pleasure to deal with and really quick at responding - it's just a shame the product didn't work!

I take it no-one on here yet has a working car charger?!

I take it no-one on here yet has a working car charger?!

I returned mine to PDAaddons as well. Still waiting for a refund.

I bought an original SPV 100 Car charger from www.wirefree.com. This works fine (and seems to charge really quickly!)

Guest shampoo

I have today received my refund from PDAAddons - by cheque in the post. It shows that they're a trustworthy company however and I'll buy from them again in the future.

In the meantime - has anyone found a working car charger anywhere else?!

Matt

Guest mardeman

I am still looking to get hold of Orange, as they have it listed as an accessory on their website.

I have e-mailed two or three companies, one of which said that it would be a couple of months until they got.

I am now considering going the full hands free route. (I spend a lot of time in the car) to buy the charger, and a cradle, and to have the bluetooth headset is a bit of a pain/

Guest mardeman

I received an e-mail from ORA last night to say they are currently developing a FULL hands free kit for the E200 and it is due out some time in Febraury.

Having now used the phone a bit, by the time I buy a proper cradle, buy a car charger, keep the bluetooth headset charged, I think I will just go straight for the hands free.

I have finally got the mains charger and in-car charger from Freedom-Mobiles

The mains charger is listed as:

Original Mains Charger for SPV and XDA Online Price £14.99    

Original mains charger as supplied with the phone, and a UK plug adaptor. 22 pin adaptor plug for bottom of phone is NOT included. Can connect directly to power port on sync station or data cable.

I ordered that one specifically as I wanted an Original, i.e. Orange, branded product. It came in Orange branded packaging, but closer inspection reveals the ORA logo on the rear. (OHTN1305 - Standard Travel Charger.)

I used the adapter that came with my E200 and the charger works fine with both my phone and the E100 my girfriend won in the caption competition.

Now the In-Car Charger arrived this morning. It is described on their website as:

Original In Car Charger for SPV and XDA

Original in-car charger, with connection straight into base of phone, no extra plug required.

However, unlike the mains charger, this one is branded O2 and for use with the XDA. (2HT1B54N.) Again, closer inspection reveals the ORA brandname on the rear.

I haven't tried the charger yet and I am unsure whether to. I ordered an Original, i.e. Orange, product and they have sent me what seems to be a (supposedly compatable) O2 product. (Albeit from the same manufacturer, ORA.)

The way I see it, I have 2 options: Return it and ask for an Orange product that states compatability with the E200 (potential wait for product to be released), or see if the charger works. If it does, keep it; if it doesn't, send it back. :?

What annoys me is if I wanted a cheap, aftermarket product, I could have bought one down the market. I wanted an Orange product (to ensure compatability) and paid the extra to get one. I am not sure that is what I have got. :x