Smart Rom ver.1.7 w/ BL 1.09-How to Sim Unlock????

Guest d-coy

guys help us naman, the probs with BL 1.09, u cannot download to 0.98 BL, after the powering on process, the screen will go direkly to the canary screen, unlike in 1.04 u will ask if u want to load the bootloader from the mmc...

guys any inputs pls...

hi guys, we are on the same boat :lol: i just got my SAP 2 days ago and it is on 1.7, bootloader 1.09. we tried to load the BL .98 from mmc but yeap, it wont accept it. tried downgrading it to 1.3 and 1.5, all was messed up (better not try this if you havent done it) my phone won't boot at all after trying to dwngrade it. got managed to boot it only after loading 1.7, but still remained unlock!!! grr..... any help or tips from you guys will be appreciated. im really excited with my new toy but cant explore and play with it now as i cant use my sim

manny

it's not possible to unlock SAP's with bootloader 1.9 nor is it possible to just downgrade the bootloader. you'd need to do Mar's procedure to downgrade it.

Guest mar9118

Hey Guys, I find it funny for people to buy the Smart Amazing Phone and use Globe SIM card, I came up with the procedure to help people get rid of the SAP 1.6 ROM update because it was a total garbage but with the SAP 1.7 ROM update, I can say Smart made us proud to be one of the first to fix the MSN Messenger problem and other issues.

I made a promise that I will not make any attempt to post any procedure to get rid of its ROM if Smart comes out with a real ROM update with updated features and not only to lock our phones, so this time they did it and I have to keep my promise, a word of caution, please do not attempt to apply my procedure to downgrade the SAP 1.7 ROM as it was made for the SAP 1.6 ROM, please be careful and do it at your own risk, you may end up with a dead phone instead.

Cheers!

Hey Guys, I find it funny for people to buy the Smart Amazing Phone and use Globe SIM card, I came up with the procedure to help people get rid of the SAP 1.6 ROM update because it was a total garbage but with the SAP 1.7 ROM update, I can say Smart made us proud to be one of the first to fix the MSN Messenger problem and other issues.

I made a promise that I will not make any attempt to post any procedure to get rid of its ROM if Smart comes out with a real ROM update with updated features and not only to lock our phones, so this time they did it and I have to keep my promise, a word of caution, please do not attempt to apply my procedure to downgrade the SAP 1.7 ROM as it was made for the SAP 1.6 ROM, please be careful and do it at your own risk, you may end up with a dead phone instead.

Cheers!

just curious.whom did you make that promise to?

Hi Mar, Hi everyone.

Im just new here too. Could somebody please help me how to Sim unlock my SAP?

'Cause with Smart, i couldn't maximize the use of my SAP 'cause its very expensive to use the GPRS. Unlike in Globe, Smart charges so much for the use of GPRS. Parang hindi naman makatao yung charging ng Smart.

Please????????/ Christmas gift niyo na sa aming lahat yon na nagSPAMlak mag-sim unlock. Anyway, under contract pa rin naman yung smart sim namin for two years eh.

Thanks in advanced.

Hi again everyone!

Looks like I've found the answer to my questions. You can check out this site,

http://www.freeyourmobile.com/spvunlock.htm

'cause it explains there the step by step procedure of Sim unlocking the SAP. Althought I haven't done it in my SAP, 'cause I believe that I need to have my desktop running either in Windows 2000 or XP, and Im using ME. So hindi ko pa magawa dahil nag-stand by siya sa pag-retrieve ng Unlock code.

Hope this will help you guys. Inform niyo naman ako kung nagawa niyo ng maayos.

Merry Christmas!

Guest dinoalbert
Hi again everyone!

Looks like I've found the answer to my questions.  You can check out this site, 

http://www.freeyourmobile.com/spvunlock.htm

'cause it explains there the step by step procedure of http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock the SAP.  Althought I haven't done it in my SAP, 'cause I believe that I need to have my desktop running either in Windows 2000 or XP, and Im using ME.  So hindi ko pa magawa dahil nag-stand by siya sa pag-retrieve ng Unlock code. 

Hope this will help you guys.  Inform niyo naman ako kung nagawa niyo ng maayos.

Merry Christmas!

that spvunlock software is for old ROMS/BL...it will not work Smart 1.5 and up

I'm thinking of updating to Smart 1.7 rom. Any drawback? What are the updates/plus from Smart 1.6?

Can I still install unsigned softwares/programs? Right now I can install all the freewares I can find and I got the Samrt 1.6 rom.

Thanks.

halata tuloy si leo hindi nag http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/search.php>Search sa MoDaCo.... sa ibang site pa nakakita ng pang open ng .98 e meron naman dito :)

Grabe naman 'to, pinansin pa yon!? Eh bago lang kasi ako dito 'no. Sorry po, di na maulit.

Baka naman matulungan mo ko, gusto ko i-sim unlock yung phone kaya lang naka 1.7 na ko. Alam mo ba kung paano?

Happy New Year nga pala.