Learn How To: Unlock SPV E100 SIM Lock (10 Step Guide)

Guest lliioorr

Guest lliioorr

Hello Guys,

I must say that it took me almost the hole day but surely it was worth it. I successfully unlocked my SPV E100 SIM and now I'm sharing this info with you.

Please note that although it worked for me it might not 100% work for you. Take your chances on your own risk.

I have done this on a SPV E100 device which had Orange SIM Lock. The original firmware version was 3.0 (built 13037). Operator version 1.5.0.29.

I did the following:

Step A:

Downgrade to firmware version 1.3.5 bootloader version 0.98 by running the corresponding firmware-pack which can be downloaded from: http://www.monolithix.org/SPV_software.html

Also from here download the SPVUnlock.exe

To run the Downgrade the device needs to be on, inside it's cradle and the cradle connected to the PC via USB and to the electricity as well. (ActiveSynce needs to be installed on the PC).

After Downgrading - go to STEP B

Step B:

Run the SPVUnlock.exe to extract the UNLOCK PIN (e.g.44461321) as described below:

1) Switch off your phone.

2) Take out the SD Card from the side of the phone.

3) When the phone is off, press down the "record" (the button under the power button) and the power button at the same time and hold for a few seconds.

4) You will be prompted to "press any key to enter boot loader", do so and press any key.

5) You are now at the famous "Canary" screen (hopefully) where there are 3 coloured bars. Pop your SPV into the USB Cradle.

6) On your computer, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE (TaskMGR) and close the program "WCESCOMM" or "WCESCOMM.exe". The Activesync icon should disappear from the clock tray.

7) Now run the SPVUnlock program. You should get a "Retrieving SPV Unlock Code : 0%" message. Incrimenting to 33%, 66% then finally 100%.

8) It will now display your unlocking code. Write this down!!!

9) Take the battery off your phone. Then pop in a sim card from another network (Virgin, Vodafone, T-Mobile etc.)

9.3) Put the battery back on and turn the phone on again into 'Canary' mode as described in steps (3 & 4) (it won't fully boot anyway - you must upgrade to firmware version 1.5.x first)

9.5) From you PC run the upgrade to 'I-Mate version 15086' (Download from: http://www.ppcw.net/downloads.php)

9.7) At the end of the upgrade, take off the battery, for 30 seconds and than turn the device on.

10) The phone should then, after a second or a minute or so ask you for an unlocking code. Enter the code that the program gave you. (NOTE: There might be an error saying "Wrong Code, wait for 240 seconds"...So wait :-) and than type the code from step (8)

Have fun, you've done it.

Guest spacecowboy6982

Well done mate and welcome to the site. I dont want to put you out your misery but this was kinda discovered a while back. NOt that you would have known seeing as you rnew to the site - but this guide seems to give the information a lot clearer. Maybe a sticky :?:

Cheers again,

spacecowboy

Guest Stewie_UK

Good guide, thanks easy to read.

Just wondering tho - with the latest Orange update finally out, can we skip the I-Mate part and just upgrade to the latest Orange one.

Also when you need power to the phone, is a mod'd USB cradle with USB power okay (assuming it will be).

Last bit about the code - if I don't insert another SIM card straight away, will it be okay to keep the code for later, I mean future ROM updates etc won't erase it and I can still put it in whenever I want to change network?

Want to do it now before changing to latest Orange update as rumour is you can't downgrade after this version, is this true, and also changing from the early bootloader to the latest Orange update isn't going to be a prob bypassing I-Mate.

Cheers all!!! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest awarner [MVP]
Also when you need power to the phone, is a mod'd USB cradle with USB power okay (assuming it will be).

You do not need a modded cradle, just plug the charger into the cradle.

Guest awarner [MVP]
hi!  

i am trying to unlock my spv. but i need the bootloader http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98 version for spv. if anyone has a copy than kindly send one to me. thank you very much.  my add: [email protected]

If you do as instructed above to install the 1.3.5 update it has the V0.98 bootloader on it. :)

Guest sponge

My girlfriend won an E100 in the caption competition and I am now trying to unlock it so she can use her O2 card.

How long does step A take?

The application said it would take a while longer to reboot after the 'upgrade', but it has been over 5 minutes so far!

No matter - I think I sorted it :oops:

Guest sponge

Hmmm, maybe not.

I got a little lost after retrieving the unlocking code...

Booted into Canary mode, then ran the 1.6 UK update from here. Update went ok. Disconnected battery for 30 seconds, then turned on.

I got the sunset screen for a few minutes (I thought it had hung) then it continued to boot. It then asked me for my password (SIM PIN1), which I entered, and it jumped to the SIM UNLOCKING request screen, saying code was incorrect, re-enter after 60 seconds.

(Now it asked me for the SIM PIN1 not a SIM unlocking code. So that bit confused me a little. Her SIM card does have a security lock on it.)

After (less than) 60 seconds it asked for the unlocking code. I got as far as entering the first 3 digits of the code (8 digits long) and it reported

Check PASS

Press 'OK' to restart the device.

Which I did and so far nothing has happened :?

Think I should just remove the battery?

Guest sponge

I'm too impatient - I removed the battery...

/me waits 30 seconds

Right. Booted OK, asked for SIM PIN1 again and then continued to desktop screen.

It is now asking me for the SIM Unlocking code (again). The box underneath says,

'The password is invalid. Please retry after 240 seconds.'

Do you think the existence and request for SIM PIN1 is complicating the process of entering the SIM Unlock code for the device itself?

Guest sponge

Success! :D

After waiting 240 seconds I entered the SIM Unlock code. This time it allowed me to enter the entire code.

I then had to enter the SIM PIN1 code (again).

I then got a screen telling me the unlocking process was successful! Woohoo!

It's been nice talking to you. Thanks for your help this morning. :)

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...