E200 - Update availability

Guest Mr Orange

Guest Mr Orange

Guys,

Thanks for all of your early feedback on the E200, as you know I was recently in Taiwan and all of these were discussed. As always, we're working on updates to continually improve products like this and we are working with HTC to prepare an update for the E200. This should iron out as many of these niggles as possible. Expect the update in early 04.

Keep the feedback coming in .

Mr Orange

Guest spacecowboy6982

Fantastic - cheers Mr Orange !

I dont think the current SPV/E-100 owners will be too chuffed though. Us guys getting an updat ewithin weeks :roll:

All is good !

Guest Pagemakers

Cheers Mr O, just so you don't get bored, here's my starter for 10...

1 - T9 Saved text gets dumped from phone

2 - Email polling not working when on a different tab in your inbox

3 - Bluetooth modem connection - where is it?

4 - Insert sounds in MMS messages - you can't

5 - Email signature problems

6 - Can't select flight mode in-flight

7 - All days events do not change from day to day correctly

8 - Backlight has a mind of it's own and does not turn off when it should.

9 - Poor call quality

10 - Poor battery life

Mr O if you PM me I will gladly explain the list above if you are unsure about any of the bugs.

Guest Croccy22

Thanx Mr Ornage for the update.

Just wondering do you think that the buzzing speaker/poor quality will be able to be fixed by an update. Just wondering if I should keep sending my phone back for replacements until i get one that works ok?

Thanx

Matt

Croccy22

here here to the post above. please at least tell us if this problem is going to be addressed, or should we keep getting replacements? also, the gprs dialling bug seems to be still around on e200, only this time it sticks at connecting...

please continue to communicate openly with users about these bugs. i appreciate being given info about this tonight. keep it up.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Pondrew

Many thanks Mr Orange.

I've been having trouble with the camera whereby taking a photo repeatedly results in the E200 returning to the home screen rather then displaying the photo taken.

Aside from that a considerable improvement in battery life would be next on my wish list...

Pondrew

20 - Please! More T9 languages! I need swedish...

21 - Ability to switch T9 language when writing a message.

(I write both in swedish and english every day)

22 - Ability to set SMS receipt for ALL sent messages as default.

23 - Ability to choose 5-way or 9-way joystick in setting.

(if the rumors are correct that the hardware is indeed a 9-way joy)

Guest chucky.egg
Expect the update in early 04.

:lol: :D :)

So if November the 15th on the Orange calendar is actually the 10th December on everyone else's calendar, what is "early 04"?

21 - Ability to switch T9 language when writing a message.

(I write both in swedish and english every day)

This I really want, I write english and dutch..

26. replace all E200 with new update fixed and replacement every E200 already released to the public, and compensate each owner for Oranges cock up for releasing the phone prematurely without signifcant testing and prooper quailty control.

Guest shadamehr

27 - Bluetooth sending of files, sounds, images, and videos etc from the phone, via OS itself. (Third party programs in the pipeline, as some members said there would be, BUT, those developing it have already stated that there are PROBLEMS with the E200 implementation of BT, whereby all of this won't be fully possible - as it SHOULD be right from the OS, never mind 3rd party).

And for the member on Page 1 that mentioned being able to send SOUNDS within and MMS - you CAN, of sorts already, and to a degree, BUT, you need to press the menu button and go to this. For some silly reason its not in the composition of the message itself.

Guest Pondrew

True Pagemakers but for that reason I'm not sure suggestions like Jodys are helpful. At which stage is Mr Orange going to stop reading? When he gets to unrealistic suggestions like that.

Just my opinion...

I second that.

Lets keep this buglist clean and clear!

And Mr. Orange?

- Please! -

give us feedback on each of the numbered bugs as to wether they are being addressed or not.

There are many users out there that will be loyal to this phone and to Orange if you keep getting back to us with updates on what is happening!

// O.