Down\Left Diagonal Final Keytest UPDATE page 3

Guest awarner

Guest awarner [MVP]

As the title says on my phone (and I have heard others), the downleft

diagonal on the MPX200 does not work.

Please could you test this on your mpx's ie play Doom and post your results here.

Cheers.

Guest alphaflux

Yeah, the down left diagonal fails for me too. Every other way is fine, but not that one. :cry:

Very strange ... I would guess at a software bug too; you can clearly hear both the physical buttons clicking when performing the diagonal.

Hmm.

Guest awarner [MVP]

dma sure you did not have up and down reversed? :lol:

could you please try Doom or Rebound as they are easier to see the problem,

Interstellar flames can play a bit quirky.

If we can all test with the same one or two games it can make judging easier

Bonzo not sure at the moment as I'm waiting on a reply from Orange at the moment.

Guest lawsonium

awarner I just voted and NO, my down/left diagonal doesn't work either. I noticed that Doom wasn't responding as it should a yesterday, but put it down to the phone responding slowly as I had other apps running in background. I just made a QuickClose for all background apps and ran Doom at normal game speed and it definately doesn't work.

to fully test this problem I did the following:

I tried holding DOWN first and sliding my finger to LEFT. No change, kept going backwards

then

I tried holding LEFT first and sliding my finger to DOWN. No change, kept looking left.

Fairly conclusive I think, the MPx200 doesn't recognise both the Down and the Left being held together (in any order).

Well done awarner for creating this thread, the question now is what can we do about it?

Did you hear back from Orange yet?

Matt

Guest lawsonium

UPDATE to my last post.

I have just run/played Doom via 'Microsoft Remote Display Control', using the arrow keys on my PC Keyboard to move around.

ALL diagonal key combinations work from the keyboard (including DOWN/LEFT), so my thinking now is that the error lies in the detecting of phone button presses and not the way they are processed.

Not sure if this is helpful to our problem, but it gives us a new angle.

Matt

P.S. everyone visiting this thread who own am MPx and not posting, please do so.

P.P.S. This should be a sticky in my opinion, it's quite important.

Guest steeevc

I contacted Moto and they confirmed the problem (and they've assigned me an 'incident number', hmm!), so I don't know if we will see a fix for it or if it is a hardware prob. :?

Guest lawsonium

awarner did you ever get round to contacting Orange/Moto about this problem like you said in your opening post?

I am hoping that (due to the number of people experiencing the exact same problem) there is the possibility of a fix. We should use the MoDaCo clout to get the message to the Orange Technical managers.

Anyone agree with this, we are paying through the nose for these phone to be in good working order after all.

Matt.

Guest mcwarre
we are paying through the nose for these phone to be in good working order after all.

Matt.

Agreed.

I have just 'payed through the nose' to the sum of £0 on an upgrade (and I am on E50)! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest lawsonium
Agreed.

I have just 'payed through the nose' to the sum of £0 on an upgrade (and I am on E50)! :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

I also had the 'free' upgrade with Orange (I also had E50 but let it go as it is too expensive if you use your phone in the day). The thing is, the only reason such a phone is available for 'free' upgrade is because we ALL end up paying for these handsets through our overcharged phone bills.

The old sayings still hold strong, remember these words of wisdom "You don't get out for nout".

Orange brand this phone as part of a total package (that's why most are SIM locked), it's an Orange package and as such they have a responsibility to look after the paying customer.

This appears to be the only 'problem' with the MPx200 SO FAR (fingers crossed nothing else happens). Though I still feel Orange/Moto should look into this further as it is obviously not an isolated problem.

Guest awarner [MVP]

I now know about what the cause is and will hopefully post some pictures soon of the cause (If what I have been told is correct).

I just need to figure out how to split the case on the phone first :?

I will ONLY post about this if I manage to fix the problem, I don't want

to get peoples hopes up.