ringtones on SD card

Guest Dave.Burn

Guest Dave.Burn

has anyone else noticed that if you have .wav files in the root directory of your SD card it now picks them up under sound settings, meaning no more reg hacks?

Guest rogerbates

I was quite impressed with this at first, until I realised that you can't select them for contacts!

So I still needed to edit the registry to get the ringtones for contacts :?

Except that for some reason, although I could select them they just didn't ring!

So whereas before I could have Ringtones on the SD cards for contacts now I can't :lol:

Not impressed.

has anyone else noticed that if you have .wav files in the root directory of your SD card it now picks them up under sound settings, meaning no more reg hacks?

you can do same with picture for your home screen

Guest awarner [MVP]
So whereas before I could have Ringtones on the SD cards for contacts now I can't  :) 

Not impressed.

This has not been possible to do for individual contacts on any update.

Guest rogerbates

This has not been possible to do for individual contacts on any update.

Sorry I wasn't very clear, what I meant was that before the update I had edited the registry using Midnights Tweaks so that I could have the Ringtones for contacts on the SD card. When I applied the update I found out that not only could it not do this :lol: (I had hoped that it could) but when I tried to put the Tweaks back on I could select my ringtones but they just didn't ring at all (after 30 rings and having the default ring everytime I gave up!).

I thought that for some reason the Tweaks wouldn't work after this update and I had lost the ability to have Ringtones for contacts on the SD card completely. I sorted it though, I just made sure that the default ring and the ringtones for contacts were in the same directory and thanks to those tweaks I have ringtones back on the SD card again for all my contacts! :)

This is definintely how the phone should have been released, having large WAV files as ringtones and only able to store them on the phone? Who didn't spot the problem there?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Also to make things neater you can put the ringtones in My Documents on the card.

Happy New Year everybody!

ok now: this is driving me to distraction.

I am struggling all of a sudden with space on my phone. Ive deleted sms messages etc and call history but still it whinges and the phone takes ages to load up, and navigate around.

I have an SD card cant remember how big - 64mb or 128mb and I want to use some tones on here so I tried in the root of the card and even created a My Documents directory on the card and put my wav file in there, but using settings>sound on the phone and all it contained were the standard tones.

Can some kind soul please tell me how to put my tones onto the SD card and if possible how to troubleshoot my running out of space and slow phone problem .... tia

george

Guest martin
I am struggling all of a sudden with space on my phone. Ive deleted sms messages etc and call history but still it whinges and the phone takes ages to load up, and navigate around.

It's possible that you have low memory in IPSM.

What I do is load Smart Explorer, highlight IPSM and select File-Properties. At the top it says IPSM calculating and then gives you the total memory usage for all files under this directory.

I have the futurama homescreen, a couple of WAVS and some other bits and pieces (including attachments) and IPSM comes to a total 1.4MB. If this was to increase to 3MB+ then I would probably start clearing out the unnecessary files to keep the phone happy :)

The ring tones on SD card works for OS 1.50 and above. What OS version are you running ?

Martin

I posted this onto another topic consdering a ROM update to 1.7.0.13

Can someone tell me what I should be looking at: 

WHICH is the ROM version I have - About reads as follows 

ROM update versions: 

Operator: 1.1.6.0 

Manufacturer: 1.1.6.0 

Microsoft: 3.0.12255.0 

Language: 1.1.6.0 

File System: 1.1.6.0 

Will I benefit from an upgrade?? 

Can I upgrade? 

tia 

George

George

Martin

Thanks for Explorer properties tip.

it shows 238 files and 6.84 Mb - way over your maximum.

Question: how do you know what files you MUST keep. It's been 6 months since I crammed into the phone loads of files/apps.

Does one have to go through an uninstall process for unwanted applications???

thanks

george

Guest martin

238 files and 6.84MB WOW :shock:

I found it a lot easier with the IA style explorer because it shows each file size but you can still trace the problem using Smart Explorer. Click on all the Directories (one by one) under IPSM and same as before check the total number of files and total size using properties. This should tell you which directories contain the cause of the problem. Work your way through it until you find either very large or very numerous files (in you case its 238 files).

For 238 files you should also be able to find them very easily activesynch window explorer. Maybe they are text messages ? If you goto Inbox and Menu-Show folders are there any text messages in the other folders ?

It is also recomended to use Programs - Settings - Remove programs to safely remove any applications that you had previously loaded to IPSM instead of SD card.

BTW Who's software are you using (which network provider) and do you know your bootloader version ?

I believe that Smart 1.7 can relock your phone so don't install that one :shock:

• 1 month later...

newbie here patience required :?

my About reads operator,manufacturer and languageall at 1.5.0.29

I have tried putting ringtones in root of sd card but phone doesn't appear to pick them up in settings/sounds??

do i need to upgrade to 1.6 (or higher)? if so will i have to save my contact phone numbers/email addresses/settings whatever somewhere and how

thanks guys 8-[

Martin

Thanks for Explorer properties tip.

it shows 238 files and 6.84 Mb - way over your maximum.

Question: how do you know what files you MUST keep. It's been 6 months since I crammed into the phone loads of files/apps.

Does one have to go through an uninstall process for unwanted applications???

thanks

george

George, you really need an SD Card there mate, one thing to check is go to

/ipsm/windows/appMgr/Install

Check here and see if there are any incomplete install files. I had that problem where i would install a program from the computer and everything would install fine but nothing happened on the phone.