Want to double your e200 battery life for free?

Guest b0x

Guest aristoBrat
Wondering whether similar thing will happen on the Canary and Tanagers ... if so, could get a few days out of one maybe.

FWIW, my e100 is going on 23 hours with no SD card in the slot. Battery is at 73%. Made about 15 minutes of calls today, played around with ringtones for 10 minutes, and used GPRS for another 10 minutes.

I am not certain on this but..

when taking my sd card out i didn't want to leave the gap empty incase dust and rubbish went in. So I put in that plastic guard that came with the phone! With this in, and a real sd card taken out, i didn't notice any improvements! Can someone else confirm this!?

Even when putting the plastic card in, the phone assumes a real card is in (thats what i think!). When entering bootloader with the plastic card in, the phone says 'card found'.

Today I will be testing further!

@ v1nn1e:

...i am just about to think the same.

here is my actual data:

64 % loaded, 21:50 hrs to go with the dummy.

63 % loaded, 2 days (!!!), 12:35 hrs to go WITHOUT THE DUMMY.

althrough we dont need to relay on the exact numbers it seems very clear that even the dummy is bringing the power down. now- what the hack is this then???

cheers, lutz

btw: i never understood why the light goes up when i put the dummy in the slot...

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yep, I am getting no performance improvement with the dummy. WTF?

I am about to release a reg tweak that disables the SD slot altogether, watch this space...

P

Hi,

since you don't want links to other boards here on modaco I only can say there are much more information on another board out there.

Maik

P.S. There is a hidden tool in ROM (file attribute is system so you will not see it, but it's there) to enable/disable SDIO bus, WindowsSDCARDBusControl.exe (needs some parameters, can be found on other board). But unfortunately it will crash half of the system when disabling sdio

thanks stone (he's talking about mobilejoe, but unfortunatly its in german - use google for translation...).

i was able to adress this problem to orange swiss, they will go for a fix from htc. all i can ask is that "mister o" supports this too.

cheers, lutz

Guest aristoBrat
FYI I've found no difference with the blanking plate in or out, i only noticed it when i swapped the blanking plate for an SD card.

jon

I've had the blank in my e100 for almost 30 hours now and have 70% left.

did you recon the difference between e100 & e200? this just happens to you & your phone if you have a e200 with its built in sdio-support.

so no difference to see & feel for you at all.

cheers, lutz

Guest aristoBrat
did you recon the difference between e100 & e200? this just happens to you & your phone if you have a e200 with its built in sdio-support. 

so no difference to see & feel for you at all.

The most I've ever gotten out of my e100 with the SD card in is 48 hours. Now I'm at 30 hours with 70% battery left. That's not a difference?

(confused)

oh my god- now i got you...

you say the difference between sd-card/dummy-card is there! i thought you where saying there is non between it for you on your e100!

sorry, mate. didn't know it strikes you on your e100 too! can you let us know what rom version you are running? i am asking because the power down of the card controller is implemented correctly on the other roms (spv/tanager) as far as we could check.

cheers, lutz

Guest aristoBrat
oh my god- now i got you...

you say the difference between sd-card/dummy-card is there! i thought you where saying there is non between it for you on your e100! 

sorry, mate. didn't know it strikes you on your e100 too! can you let us know what rom version you are running? i am asking because the power down of the card controller is implemented correctly on the other roms (spv/tanager) as far as we could check. 

cheers, lutz

1.6.1.10 here

If the power down of the card controller is implemented correctly, maybe one of the apps I installed to the card was doing something wrong? I only had Agile Messenger (which I rarely use) and CommonTime's mNotes installed on it. The card is an older SanDisk 128MB SD.

31 hours since the last charge and at 67% here now.

Guest mardeman

I love this forum !!!!!!

I had two days left before my 7 days were up with Ornage.

Love the fun, hate the battery life.

I actually ordered an extra home charger, adn a car charger. Unfortunalty, when they arrived, they were for the E100. Even the supplier did not know this.

Atleast now, taking out the card will save me some time.

Thanks everyone.

(p.s - Does anyone know where I can get a charger for the e200?)

@ mardeman: the chargers are for the e100? but they will work on the e200 too!!! except maybe for the docking station (does it fit in it? i dont know). try it!

cheers, lutz

Any suggestions on how to keep the sd slot safe from dust without using anything that the phone will waste battery on!!

How about those dummy SD cards that everyone threw away :wink:

Guest scaryscotsman

Has anyone tried different makers of SD cards? Before the recent upgrade I had a 256mb Sandisk card in my spv and battery life didn't really suffer. Since the 1.6.1 update and a new 64mb card (maker unknown) I have struggled to get a full day from the phone. I had just put it down to a poor sd card with a high power drain as the phone lasts long enough without it. I would check this out with my old 256mb card but I've lost it! Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

Guest aristoBrat

I don't know how much to speak up since I'm a e100 guy, but the dummy card isn't messing mine up. Going on 38 hours with 65% left. I'm usually below 20% by now.

Guest seaflipper
Has anyone tried different makers of SD cards? Before the recent upgrade I had a 256mb Sandisk card in my spv and battery life didn't really suffer. Since the 1.6.1 update and a new 64mb card (maker unknown) I have struggled to get a full day from the phone. I had just put it down to a poor sd card with a high power drain as the phone lasts long enough without it. I would check this out with my old 256mb card but I've lost it! Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

The idea that it could be the brand of SD card does have some merit to it, at least as one method to troubleshoot this. Doing a little bit of research on Google, I found that in November HP issued a customer advisory regarding battery drain with certain brands of Compact Flash cards. I know that CF and SD are totally different in the hardware spec, but since they are both removable IO devices, is it possible the same thing is happening here? See this article from HP:

http://www3.compaq.com/support/reference_l...031016_CW02.xml

Guest simon.haffenden

is there a part of the blanking card that pushes on a switch in the slot and anounces to the hardware that something is inserted. if so could you not cut out a notch at this point ?