Keyboard?

Guest quaterback

• 3 months later...
Guest urlimited

Hi,

I just bought a IR wireless universal keyboard for the MPx200. However, I could not get it to work yet. The instructions included are not very good. You may get it at:

http://suntekstore.com/st-ir-pda-smartphon...e-keyboard.html

I am trying to find out from the store how to get the driver to work with the phone. Apparently, I cannot get the phone to recognize the keyboard. Poor user instructions. Tried on other Pocket PCs and it works. I hope to get a solution this week.

urlimited

Guest urlimited

Hi,

No luck yet. The retailer did not call back. I will try to call them again.

I did notice that there are 2 programs in the installation directory. One is the keyboard driver/software and the other is some keyboard search software.

I tried running the "search" software but the MPx200 cannot detect the keyboard signal. I tried lining the phone IR port with both IR ports on the keyboard (there is the one on top that swivels and another at the bottom near the left space bar) but the phone cannot detect the keyboard.

I confirmed that the both IR ports of the keyboard work with a HP iPAQ 2210. I just disabled the receive IR beams feature. I am not sure if the MPx200 has such a feature or if there is some IR feature that I need to activate.

I hope to find a solution soon.

urlimited

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hotphil

Agreed, if it will work with an MPx200 it's a must have!

urlimited - have you tried to beam a contact from the phone to the keyboard? This might give you an indication that at least they can see each other? Quite where to take it from there as far as getting the driver installed I don't know...

Guest urlimited

I was travelling for the past couple of weeks. I contacted the local distributor before I left. They called me last week with an answer. Apparently, the keyboard was tested with the earlier version of MPx200. They brought in an upgraded firmware version of the keyboard and new drivers. I will let you know if the new keyboard and drivers works after I collect the replacement.

urlimited

Guest flyaman

Houahaha, I looked on their site today and they retrieved the MPX200 in the list of compatible hardware!! M***R F***RS

Means they had put it in the list without testing it...

:evil:

Guest urlimited

Hi all,

Good news. The new keyboard & drivers the distributor sent me works!!! However, the new chipset did not work with the iPAQ. They are sending me new drivers for the iPAQ.

I did not test the keyboard much but it did work. I am trying to take some photos of how to align the phone and keyboard to get it to work. I am also asking the distributor to see if people can order the new keyboard from him.

NOTE: The current keyboards on the market may not work with the MPx200. Try at your own risk.

Guest smeg36

That's what it sounds like. I will wait for the dust to settle, and make sure it is working for everyone before I decide to get one though.

Guest flyaman

Really Works? So why did they retrieve the MPX200 from the list of compatible hardware? I sent them an email today to ask them to give precisions.