MPX200 tweaks

Guest rchiileea

Guest rchiileea

just a few a couple of usless ones tbh but still

first tip

Pretty much all the extras that come with this phone are installed on the phone.So do a hard reset and reinstall to card from moto disk

also while you at it you can leave out jmms if you want(No more muddled homescreens) or follow awarners Guide.

reg sound tweaks ok heres an easy one moto start up sound this is moto only setting and you shouldnt have put a snd in ie reg

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundssystemstart should not be set

instead you want to goto

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelPowerOnWave

under values open up value (on) and change default 0 to 1

WARNING!!!!!!!

Moto shutdown snd tweak may reset ure phone i tryied same alteration on e100 for 2 days and it corrupted reg and hard reset it self ,best maybe to leave it a week and ill update wether my mpx200 hard reset.

Also this tweak adds length of wav or mid to shutdown(built in moto one best)

right here we go goto

HKEY_CURRENT_USERControlPanelSoundsshutdown

in here ther are 2 values one is catorgery and one is sound

1st open sound value change to exactly this way MOTO_Shutdown.wav

2nd open catorgery an change from system to notification

thats it moto shutdown and start up snds done

Remeber i have only had shutdown tweak for 2 days now and im shutting down a few times a day to test so its intirely up to u wether you do this tweak.

thers even a way to make phone play a wave on opening of flip but we wont get into that :) :D

PS Midnight is tweaking God tbh and moto should give him a phone :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Guest steeevc

I didn't fancy doing a hard reset on my new Moto, but I was fed up with the Orange contacts being added automatically to my contacts when I restarted - you can stop this by deleting the NewCont shortcut from the ISPMWindowsStartup folder. Horraay! :)

I just did the startup sound tweak described here, (I had already been using it the previous way anyway but I thought I'd give it a shot this way), and it worked fine... but dunno if it's just my phone, I doubt it tho, but setting the poweronwave value to 1 also activated the shut down sound as well so there is no need for the second tweak :)

Guest phideltwj

It must be related to a setting in the "OpenPhoneAction" key, but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Is there a way to change the "Keypress" sound to a different wav, without disabling the sound entirely? I have tried editing the "Sound" value, but regardless of what file I specify in there, the operating system ignores this key for some reason.

Guest rchiileea

RE Bonzo

I just did the startup sound tweak described here, (I had already been using it the previous way anyway but I thought I'd give it a shot this way), and it worked fine... but dunno if it's just my phone, I doubt it tho, but setting the poweronwave value to 1 also activated the shut down sound as well so there is no need for the second tweak

bonzo is correct didnt even notice .done shutdown before start up

What keypress theres like loads of keys to press wich one???

look in this link theres guide for keypad numbers just klick on tweak

Guest phideltwj
RE  Bonzo

What keypress theres like loads of keys to press wich one???

look in this link theres guide for keypad numbers just klick on http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak

The key called "Keypress". This is the "click" that is played (WindowsHWandSW.wav) with every key press. I think the "Sound" value of this specific key is ignored in the registry.

Guest rchiileea

Right after alot of pm ive decided to test on phone for a week

has crashed phone a couple of times

so when i get it 100 percent working i will post :shock: :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rchiileea

dont know if u need orange support tbh i use vodafone sim so i deleted orange support

but im not sure about remote user im not sure what this is for but i wouldnt delete it

Guest kristianmatthews

Hi, thats what i thought about Orange Support. I use O2 so I've no need for all the Orange stuff either. Think I'll get rid of it :-)

Guest MPXtricky
thers even a way to make phone play a wave on opening of flip but we wont get into that :lol: :D

nobody else on the board thinks it's possible - are you going to tell us how it's done?