Another Battery Monitor App **Update**

Guest MrMagoo

Guest MrMagoo

I know there have been a few, but I wanted to write one and thought I would share it....

This shows battery percent remaining, current current, average current, voltage, battery temp updated on an adjustable timer and just to make battery testing that little bit easier, a bluetooth on/off switch.

Update: new version fixes problem with average current and new option to send "power down" signal to SD card ***NOTE This does not seem to actually affect the power used at all, but I included it so that other people could test it***

Update: new version includes option to log results to file and hopefully fixes the bug for non-bluetooth phones - but I haven't got one to test it on... Note: the data is logged to a file called log.txt in the app directory in csv format : percent,current,average,voltage,temp,date/time

BatteryMon.CAB

Guest MrMagoo
Any ideas on how much resources and battery this uses itself?

I don't have any exact figures, but can tell you that when I left my phone overnight with bluetooth turned off and no SD card in, with this app updating every second I got an average current of 4mA (/sec obviously). I have no precise way of knowing what the figures would be without this app running, but that seems fairly low so I am happy it is not draining the battery unduly.

My readings show that neither bluetooth nor SD card place too much drain on the battery while not in use (i.e. on/inserted but not being actively used) (readings between 11mA to 50mA average) , but the backlight when on full pushes this up toward 150-200mA and making a call takes you up toward 300mA. Obviously these figures are only small samples, I am working on logging the results to file for better analysis...

Guest MrMagoo
Is this for E200? it doesnt work on my E100.

Yes, it uses .net compact framework. I might convert it to c++ though if I get time cos .net takes too long to load...

Guest MrMagoo
Doesn't work on Everlink's RED-E with Smartphone 2003. I get an "Error getting Bluetooth mode" then the app quits.

Thanks for the bug report.

I'll sort that out later tonight - I am at work right now...

Guest MrMagoo
How do u install it?

regards

either download the cab directly on your e200 and it will start the install process

or copy the cab from your pc onto the phone and then

open it using a file manager or

create a shortcut on your start menu which links to it and then run that

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MrMagoo
What does the current (mA) mean and Voltage (mV)?

Does it like mean how much the battery is being used... or what?

yes, these are electrical terms which together go to indicate how much power is being drawn from the battery. the higher the current , the quicker the battery will run down.

Guest deltona

Hi,

Does this work in Mitac 8380? Because when I try to run it, I get the message "Can't find BatteryMon (or one of its components). Make sure that the path and the filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available", or I do something wrong with the installation.

Thanks

Guest MrMagoo

i don't think it will work - it needs .NET runtimes and your phone is smartphone 2002 (i think) which does not have .NET

i will maybe do a non .NET version, but I have more interesting projects on the go...