[I][B]QTEK 1.50.9.1[/B][/I]

Guest mygs

Qtek rom w/ msn fix

same version w/ 1.50.9.1 w improvements..

i just installed it lately but it worth it.. :D :) :wink:

= msn messanger fixed

= message allert tone bugs fixed also, now it will allert u even if u have unread message(s).

= Batery life 1.5 up to 2 days.. (desame)

= ROM still unlock..

i think it have all the smart 1.7.13 updates but much better in battery management and still unlock..

site: http://www.qtek.nu/default.asp?nc=6213&id=...d=45&element=43

Guest Jassper23
mygs,

did you hav to reinstall all your apps,after the installation?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Yup it will ... na try ko rin nag update tapos reinstall programs pag katapos ng update :-P

is this a newer ROM version, how come the version is still the same with the old Qtek rom? :lol:

Same ROM ver. lang pero w/ improvementes... and some bugs fixed. :) :(

Just installed it lately kaya check me pa yung ibang improvments and drawback of this ROM. :) :D

Hi

Couple of questions please:

1. jassper recommended qtek as one of the roms I could upgrade to. Apparently I have a really old rom - 1.16 something from my recollection. However, all apps, skins etc I download work on my unlocked phone (on Vodaphone) so why upgrade?

2. Is there a thread which gives exact rom upgrade procedures please - like download the zip file - where do you put it in the phone, how do you install it etc etc - what additional reinstall steps do you need, and how do you reverse the process.

3. qtek site is in Swedish - is there an english transalation anywhere?

4. I notice a number of posters use some weird non-language text in there posts - at least I don't recognize it as such. Is this some kind of secret communication between them? how does anybody else learn this stuff??

tia

george

Guest techsupp1001

I tried installing this ROM version but I'm getting an error when installing it, I'm using I-Mate 1.50.8.6 right now.

Maybe I need to downgrade it first before I could install it. Any ideas?

@zubo

some of us are doing their posts in Philippines language, because this forum section is dedicated for Filipino smartphone users.

Guest Jassper23
I tried installing this ROM version but I'm getting an error when installing it, I'm using I-Mate 1.50.8.6 right now.

Maybe I need to downgrade it first before I could install it. Any ideas?

@zubo

some of us are doing their posts in Philippines language, because this forum section is dedicated for Filipino smartphone users.

Canary mode ba? ano and error message?

Correct hehehe

Guest techsupp1001

I tried installing the update sa bootloader mode(canary screen) ayaw niyang ma install, I also tried using activesync and synchronized w/ pc ayaw pa rin. ang error niya "ERROR 100: INCOMPATIBLE IMAGE"

I was able to install it anyway by downgrading first to Orange 1.35.0, this rom is the one with 0.98 bootloader in it. Now I'm using Qtek 1.50.9.1.

I like the startup screen on Qtek much better than I-Mate or Smart. The Orange startup screen, however, I think is the best.

installed this update and inspite of the hassle of reinstalling all my apps,it was so damn worth it.i think battery life is even better than the previous qtek rom.

Guest TheCardinal

i have upgrade mine to the new msn fix ROM, what i observe its just the same as the previous ROM but with added benefits! it has fix the message alert tone, and the battery is still the same. :)

i noticed something wierd with my phone after installing this ROM.my MAPI folder and cemail.vol is in my SD card.there are times that my phone will not give me an alert when somebody sends me an sms.i have to reboot the phone again and again until it gives me an alert when I unread an sms.never experienced this with the previous QTEK rom....weird!!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
i noticed something wierd with my phone after installing this ROM.my MAPI folder and cemail.vol is in my SD card.there are times that my phone will not give me an alert when somebody sends me an sms.i have to reboot the phone again and again until it gives me an alert when I unread an sms.never experienced this with the previous QTEK rom....weird!!

bakit kaya. ganito rin problem ko ngayon. cemail ko nasa SD, nag set ako ng SMS alert tone pero pag may nag txt sakin, walang tunog :shock:

nakaka baliw.

bakit kaya. ganito rin problem ko ngayon. cemail ko nasa SD, nag set ako ng SMS alert tone pero pag may nag txt sakin, walang tunog :shock:

nakaka baliw.

pare,pasensya ka na dahil hindi ako naka-reply.reboot mo lang ng i-reboot ang phone mo hanggang sa gumana ang alert.try this by unreading an sms.ganun ginagawa ko,eh.yun nga lang, 2 out of 10 reboots para gumana ang message alert.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@pyke

ok lang yun pare. nag orange na ko. pansin ko. tumutunog naman sms alert tone kahit nasa SD yung cemail and mapi folder ko. :wink:

@lopio

maraming salamat pare. gumagana na cya. :)

Guest Brigoli

me tanong ako. pinag-iisipan ko kasing mag-upgrade dito sa b (i'm using qtek 1.5). ok lang ba na ito ang rom at ang bootloader ko ay .93? kasi nung ni-load ni pyke yung bl .93 sa phone niya e hindi na to nag-start (kaya nasa smart pa yata ngayon yung phone niya). any thoughts? please!!!!

brigoli,

ok lang siguro.may nagawa kasi ako kaya hindi na nag-start yung phone ko.the phone was asking me to download the bootloader but i removed the card before pressing the joystick kaya hindi na nag-on yung phone.pero syempre,hindi ko sinabi sa smart na ganun ang nangyari.buti na lang they issued me a service unit. :)

Guest casperr

Just wondering, bakit ninyo nilagay sa SD ang MAPI, etc?

Pansin ko kasi, bumaSPAM ng bumaSPAM ang IPSM memory pero wala naman akong nilalagay sa memory, kakainis. And my SMS were all deleted naman

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Just wondering, bakit ninyo nilagay sa SD ang MAPI, etc?  

Pansin ko kasi, bumaSPAM ng bumaSPAM ang IPSM memory pero wala naman akong nilalagay sa memory, kakainis. And my SMS were all deleted naman

to save IPSM space :wink:

Guest casperr

mind directing me to the forum that would teach me on doing this? MY IPSM is really weird kasi, it keeps taking space kahit wala akong sinisave or even if I delete all my sms so maybe moving it to my MMC will help a lot