Samsung Galaxy Tab

Discuss issues specific to the Samsung Galaxy Tab in here.

152 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
  1. ROMS

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
  2. Battery Temp C

• 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 5 replies
  3. eBooks app from WH Smith?

• 8 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  4. [Q] reverting to stock firmware

• 4 replies
    • 0 replies
  5. mail disappearing

• 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 7 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 10 replies
  • Social

• Articles

• Topics

• hi i have same problem here , 2 of my hudl 1 stock on start up when passing the wifi says couldn't access internet and check wifi wifi is ok not sure whats wrong   
    • Hi guys, I hope someone can help coz I'm at the end of my tether!.   I've got a Hudl v1 which I factory reset because it was getting slow with stock ROM (never changed anything).   I come to the Let's get started and I click Start to get to the WIFI selection bit.  I connect to my own router and it quickly says Authenticating (which it does), then it say Cannot connect to the internet, check your WIFI, and I click OK which takes me back to the WIFI connection screen.  If I reboot at this point and start again, at the connect to WIFI point it says connected and there's the WIFI icon but no triagle to continue.   If I use the Google keyboard method of getting to Settings I can browse Ok using Chrome and access Play Store etc and install apps.   I have tried 3 different ROM's now and all are the same. Used RKTOOL to flash it.  Factory reset after installing each of them.   Debug mode and rooted now BTW.   I used ES explorer to browse to system/apps folder and renamed the HUDL SETUP apk to something different then reset again.  The only difference now is that I have the 3 nav icons at the bottom.   Is there a way around this to skip the WIFI screen and continue to the next setup screen?   If there a way of killing this process (if so what's it called?) of removing it?   Much appreciate any help.   Cheers   Paul
    • As far as I can work out, at some point between christmas and new year, Tescos update server went offline - I guess at the new year. In the initial setup, after connecting to whatever network, the Hudl attempts to contact the tescos server. When that connection times out, it reports no internet and sticke you back to the setup screen. Very annoying. You can sort of get access to the device, in a quite useless sense, though you can at least verify it's working, by this method: 1) On the Wifi setup screen, attempt to connect and wait for connection to timeout. 2) Reboot the Hudl 2 (power off completely and restart). 3) When you get back to the setup screen do not press the right arrow to attempt to continue setup. 4) Tap Other network, and then long press the comma button on the keyboard (microphone on some other firmwares they shipped with I think). This brings up the keyboard settings. 5) Select Google Keyboard settings and scroll down to About google keyboard. 6) Select open source licenses, then highlight any bit of text and choose 'web search'. 7) You should be able to browse the internet, you can also access the Hudl 2 settings if you start typing settings and select the settings cog. Check your firmware version in about tablet, and you can enable developer options and allow usb debugging etc. So if you happen to have one of the early versions of firmware you might be able to root the device and install new firmware. I have not had time to look deeplt into whether this is possible with the firmware I have, doesn't seem straightforward though.   Of course, it might be possible to get in touch with Tescos and at least confirm they deliberately shut down the server - I guess something might not have been renewed at 12:00 01/01/2019 and they did not intend to brick everything - AFAIK this affects all Hudl and Hudl 2 so presumably quite a few people potentially affected! I can't find a contact email or form which looks as if it will go to anyone useful though.
    • Brian, as others have requested, please update the download link for the archive. Since it has been a while since the first request, I am hoping Brian can eventually help us, but I am at the point of requesting that anyone who happens to already have the archive and who sees this post before the link has been updated, make the archive available.
    • I have a brand new one, it will see wifi and accept the wifi password but won't fully connect (but it states that it does).  Same on four different networks that I've tried.  I have an older bit of firmware (KOT49H.rel.android-build.20141009.191216).  Did you find a solution?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.