How can I keep the music playing after the flip is closed?

Guest jeffbcell

Guest jeffbcell

I have both, PocketMusic and Windows Media Player on my i600. I would like to use it like an MP3 player. It plays well as long as the flip is open. However, when I close the flip, WM stops playing immediately and PM stops after a minute or so. I want it to keep playing through the speaker (I know, battery hog) and/or through the headset.

I have tried various power management setting with no luck.

Is there any way to keep the app (PM, preferably) running with the flip closed so I can continue listening to my tunes?

Guest Skitals

I havent used PM, but built-in WMP does this w/o a problem. With the headset, not the built in speaker though. I think you just need "background play" checked off. Im sure PM has a similar feature.

WMP will even keep an active express netowrk connection when streaming a mp3 station and keep playing with the phone closed and the headset plugged in no problem.

Guest jeffbcell
built-in WMP does this w/o a problem. With the headset, not the built in speaker though

You are correct. I guess I had tried it with the speaker only for WMP. I switched to PocketMusic soon after I got the phone. A can't find a similar setting for PM though. :?

• 1 month later...
Guest xmradiojunkie

This works with wmp.....(havn't used another player yet).....Open your phone and plug in your headphones. Start wmp and start playing your music. Close the flip and then unplug the headphones. Music will continue to play through speaker. You must close the flip before unplugging headphones for this to work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest amanson

I am having problems with this too. Whenever I close the phone, the music stops playing. I am using WMA with headphones. I have tried to enable and disable background music and still have trouble. I have turned off and on the phone as well. Any ideas to what else I can try?

Thank you.

Guest awesterink

Did anyon happen to try the just released "Music Box" application by Z-Infinity? According to Handango it works in the i699...which could mean no mor ethan that it will install, but nobody actually tried using it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Malkie

If you plug in the the headphones, start the music, close the flip, then remove the headphones the i600 will play your entire play list while closed (WMP only). When the 2003 upgrade comes out with WMP 9.0 this problem may be resolved. -MalKiE

• 11 months later...
Guest dirtkilla

Media Player will work fine with the lid closed, veryify that you have Background Play enabled w/in Media Player. Another thing I noticed with PocketMusic(mp3 app) is you need to have the OS not go into Power Saving mode when the lids closed. In Settings->Power Management->Power Save Mode[Never].