Remove the simlock on SPV/SPV E100 with SPVUnlock 2.0 !

Guest JRC

the whole process works fine. the problem is, when i insert other network SIM, it doesn't ask for the unlock code, it just says "Invalid SIM". my ROM ver. is 1.6 and the bootloader ver. 1.07

the whole process works fine. the problem is, when i insert other network SIM, it doesn't ask for the unlock code, it just says "Invalid SIM". my ROM ver. is 1.6 and the bootloader ver. 1.07

SAP ROMs are programmed to lock your phone to SMART's network. The unlock code you obtained is useless unless you install other ROMS such as those from Qtek, Imate and maybe Orange.

You may try the search function. I believe there are already threads discussing the merits of any of these ROMs. I've tried QTEK with my SAP and found it to be stable.

Guest ratty1968

Hi just bought a second hand spv and want to use it on O2 to keep my old number.

The phone has been updated already to v1.6, i have just run the SPVunlock2.0.exe and retrieved the code, can someone pls let me know what i do with this now. At present the phone does not recognise either the orange sim or the O2 one. :)

All the best

RATTY

Ok... Which bit of the ROM update versions info is the important bit?

I know I don't have v1.6 cos none of them say that :)

Can I update somehow?

And does this unlock app have to be installed from PC or SPV?

TIA

Nik

Guest Bingbong

Ik unlocked my SPV with canary v1.00 succesfull !!! So a question came to me: Does the Network lock depands on the ROM or the Canary, or is this the same?

WBR,

I have Bootloader V1.10 and upgraded to the 1.6 Rom.

The Unlock program gives me a code but after inserting an o2 sim fails when I type the unlock code in. "Invalid password", 2 attempts left.

I have also tried to downgrade to V1.35 ROM with Bootloader V0.98 however the phone just sticks on the Orange Banner on Power Up it doesn't even look for a SIM Card.

Anybody else experience the same problem ?

Guest Bingbong

I also get 'Invalid Password' after put on the phone. Just wait 120 sec. and put the right unlockcode.

But does the ROM version or Canary version depands on the ability to unlock the phone?

WBR,

Guest Bingbong

I also get 'Invalid Password' after put on the phone. Just wait 120 sec. and put the right unlockcode.

But does the ROM version or Canary version depands on the ability to unlock the phone?

WBR,

tried it on my 1.6x update and works like a charm ... (although i dont have a non orange sim card to activate the actual unlock test) .. was just wondering if it would work

Guest palomaaa
"]ok i already have code. so what's next? im using a SAP w/ rom 1.7.

Dude, I got the same problem -

I already have the code, but when I rebooted my SAP (1.7), it just said "INVALID SIM". and its not working then.

Will JRC please help us.

Thanks.

Guest awarner [MVP]

With the SAP update it works a little different, the SMART network do not want you to SIM unlock so they

have taken great measures to make it virtually impossible, The OS does not allow you to enter the unlock

code, any non SMART SIM will just give you the error instead of asking for the unlock code.

Can someone please clarify what you do with the file downloaded in the original link. What do you run it on, your PC or the SPV. Whats all this about bootloader etc, a step by step method to unlock using this progrm would be much appreciated.

Guest awarner [MVP]

1.9? I presume it's the Smart update you have.

If so then you can not SIM unlock it unless you downgrade to a lower bootloader version but to

do this on the requires you to downgrade the entire OS.