Listen to the radio on your smartphone

Guest xb

I just stumbled on this idea and i was pleasantly surprised that it worked. I found a mobile favorites file from the microsoft mobiles website and it lists many websites optimized for pocketpcs (and smartphones). Anyway, i found some links to internet radio stations and when i tried the links on the smartphone... it WORKED!!! Of course i was connected to the PC with a pass-through connection so it was faster (and cheaper). I know this isn't a completely mobile idea (since you are tied to the PC when listening) but it should be something fun to do while you are online and your phone is idly connected. Hope you enjoy it.

Here is the link to the mobile favorites:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/inf...tes/default.htm

Guest shadamehr
I just stumbled on this idea and i was pleasantly surprised that it worked. I found a mobile favorites file from the microsoft mobiles website and it lists many websites optimized for pocketpcs (and smartphones). Anyway, i found some links to internet radio stations and when i tried the links on the smartphone... it WORKED!!! Of course i was connected to the PC with a pass-through connection so it was faster (and cheaper). I know this isn't a completely mobile idea (since you are tied to the PC when listening) but it should be something fun to do while you are online and your phone is idly connected. Hope you enjoy it.

Here is the link to the mobile favorites:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/inf...tes/default.htm

No not daft of you at all mate - despite me knowing that it can do this, I had not given it any thought - and Galaxy works fine on a Pass-thru to a 2Mb Cable modem.

Sweet mate - thanks for reminding us...

Guest limubai

Here is the link to the mobile favorites:http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/inf...tes/default.htm

magkano nman ang charge nito s phone? or gagamitin ko ang internet connection d2 sa opis den sa phone ko 22nog ang music ng radyo?

Guest limubai
@limubai

you should follow what xb have said...

@bragol;

Sir..sensya na po nde ko pa maintindihan e, it ba yng gagamitin mo ang phone mo as MODEM? pano pag d2 sa opis? naka LAN kmi na may internet connection uubra ba yng ganon?

ty..

Guest techsupp1001

kailangan lang naka active sync yung phone mo sa computer na may internet connection, then sa data connection ng phone mo dapat naka pass through lang ang internet connection. Pag nag browse ka na sa internet using your phone, it will use your computer's internet connection instead of the gprs.

Guest limubai
kailangan lang naka active sync yung phone mo sa computer na may internet connection, then sa data connection ng phone mo dapat naka pass through lang ang internet connection. Pag nag browse ka na sa internet using your phone, it will use your computer's internet connection instead of the gprs.

sir internet connection kosa data connection should be "Pass through Coonnection"? how about the "Work Connection" same din ba?

Guest limubai
wont you be billed by your telecom provider for the internet use? i don thtink this is practical for me. but good find dude.

Sir;

nde po kayo mabibilled kase po pass through connection ang ginamit mong settings sa "data connection", ma kikita mo pag tinangal mo ang USB sa PC mo while still connected sa internet sasabihin nya connection can't be established(nde ako sure sa exact message), tpos sasbihin nya "would you like to use WAP instead?"(may option ka kng yes or no..siempre no dapat..

Guest dinoalbert

Can Nokia users do this radio-on-phone thing? Kase it uses Windows Media Player di ba? If so, then maganda nga to pang-showoff lang...capabilities of the SAP as compared to other phones...but definitely dagdag gastos to sa GPRS kung hinid ka naka-passthrough.

Kung naka-passthrough ka naman, since you are already connected to the internet sa PC mo, why not sa PC nalang derecho i-access yung site ng radio stations at sa PC nalang makinig? :lol:

Guest dobby_gobby_man

e bat ganun? nung pinalitan ko na yung settings and tried to connect eto yung lumbas:

unable to connect using your default connection. attempt a connection using Smart WAP GPRS instead? (YES/NO)

ano kaya ang mali sa ginawa ko? Tama naman yung instructions na sinunod ko?

Guest limubai

e bat ganun? nung pinalitan ko na yung settings and tried to connect eto yung lumbas:

unable to connect using your default connection. attempt a connection using Smart WAP GPRS instead? (YES/NO)

ano kaya ang mali sa ginawa ko? Tama naman yung instructions na sinunod ko?

Sir;

dapat po naka active sync kayo sa PC na may internet connection(dapat connected sa internet) tpos sa "Settings" then "Data Connection" dapat naka pass through ang internet..try nyo po..

Guest casperr

wala bang site na di lagi buffer ng buffer, lagi na lang naca cut yung sa akin, i think yung sa eradioportal na streamer e not very good.

saan pa bang site merong local streaming?

• 1 year later...
Guest CakeSlicE
Can Nokia users do this radio-on-phone thing? Kase it uses Windows Media Player di ba? If so, then maganda nga to pang-showoff lang...capabilities of the SAP as compared to other phones...but definitely dagdag gastos to sa GPRS kung hinid ka naka-passthrough.

Kung naka-passthrough ka naman, since you are already connected to the internet sa PC mo, why not sa PC nalang derecho i-access yung site ng radio stations at sa PC nalang makinig?  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mmm... siguro pag walang speakers yung pc? or nasira yung pc speakers at gusto makinig? im sure there must be a reason...

• 3 months later...
Guest praseth

Could you tell me how to connect to PC with a pass-throuh connection? i have tried to change Connection to The Internet in Rule tap of Ms ActiveSync and choosing pass through connection as Internet defaulth setiing in Data Connection. but i did not work when i try to surf a website using Pocket IE.

Here is the link to the mobile favorites:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/inf...tes/default.htm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Hi.

Try this:

1. Choose 'Automatic' under Settings > Data Connections > Internet Connection

post-12251-1122375520_thumb.jpg

2. Connect phone to computer. On Microsoft ActiveSync's main user interface, click on Options button > Rules tab. Choose 'Connection: The Internet' then click OK.

post-12251-1122375683_thumb.jpg

Green ActiveSync icon will rotate for a few seconds.

3. You will notice that 'Internet Connection' will be automatically set to 'Pass through connection'.

post-12251-1122375987_thumb.jpg

4. Open Pocket Internet Explorer to test pass through connection. :)

• 6 months later...
Guest Stabilo
Hi.

Try this:

1. Choose 'Automatic' under Settings > Data Connections > Internet Connection

post-12251-1122375520_thumb.jpg

2. Connect phone to computer. On Microsoft ActiveSync's main user interface, click on Options button > Rules tab. Choose 'Connection: The Internet' then click OK.

post-12251-1122375683_thumb.jpg

Green ActiveSync icon will rotate for a few seconds.

3. You will notice that 'Internet Connection' will be automatically set to 'Pass through connection'.

post-12251-1122375987_thumb.jpg

4. Open Pocket Internet Explorer to test pass through connection.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any idea why my ActivSync doesn't have the 'pass through' option within rules? I can browse the net on my E200 with it in the cradle (using the 2MB broadband connection) but I have been unable to sync over bluetooth i.e. browse the net within bluetooth distance of my server. The E200 has internet connection set as automatic rather than pass through.

I have sat nav on the E200 with a bluetooth GPS device so I am familiar with pairing etc but can't sort out the bluetooth syns / internet browsing. Do you know of a link that provides a 'how to'?

Stabilo