Update: BlindLemon Font Installer : Enable Fonts

Guest MrMagoo

Guest drblow
Ok, now this does change a lot, but it doesn't seem to change the font for third party apps. For instance it doesn't change the font that surrealstart uses. Is there a way to get round this or is it down to the individual programs?

Thats odd! It changes all the 3rd party apps I have (binarys task manager, explorer, orneta notepad). My entire phone's font has been changed by the batch file, with a few small exceptions - the start & contacts buttons on the homescreen (although, when you go into contacts, the font changes for the softkeys there, & when I put the keylock on 'unlock' & 'cancel' both have the changed font :shock: ).

Guest Coucou

I'm on 2002, it has changed the font on the softkeys, but not the top bar (i.e. where the program name is shown. It also hasn't changed the font for the "Unlock" softkey. This is very odd, how it appears to change different things on 2002 and 2003. Are there some other registry edits needed perhaps, that are different for the different versions?

Guest lutzh

...it works now. thanks for all the tips. this is just great. for some unknown reasons it changes my homescreen and some sub menus but not the program list. whats wrong with it? when i write a sms i have it all in my chosen font but the program list stays as is.

cheers, lutz

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
em ... how do you get the system font back to the original?  Change the font name in the batch file to "nina" ??

I dont know if this will work on your phone but this cab file restored my fonts to back Nina. Im on Smartphone2002.

After cab was installed, I renamed Fonts folder to Fonts0, reboot then erased all contents of Fonts0 folder, renamed back to Fonts then reboot again.

BacktoNina.cab

Guest badboy4life

I've tried uninstalled and then re-installeed it and still getting the same problem of having to run the font installer after every soft reset.

Guest drblow
...it works now. thanks for all the tips. this is just great. for some unknown reasons it changes my http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen and some sub menus but not the program list. whats wrong with it? when i write a sms i have it all in my chosen font but the program list stays as is.

cheers, lutz

I have found that if you go into the settings menu & change font size (from normal to large/large to normal) when you go back to the programs menu the font has changed.

Must just be some kind of refresh needed. :wink:

atleast i get it work it's dont run automatic so i have to run it manually every time i turn on my phone.

so i just creat a sortcut to BLAddFont in my startup folder and it's work great every thing working great look very nice thanx mrmagoo :)

I've tried uninstalled and  then re-installeed it and still getting the same problem of having to run the font installer after every soft reset.

i hade same problem so i creat a shortcut in my startup folder and it's working great :wink:

Guest shadamehr

:cry:

Orange OTA Application Unlocked E200 - and absolutely NOTHING I do will get this to work.

I have tried every technique mentioned in these pages.

The Registry method is locked, and won't let me.

The RapiConfig method indicates it has worked fine, but does nothing.

The RapiConfig with the automtic batch file indicates it has worked, but again nothing.

Even the nicely done ready made cab file for the Comic Sans font package indicates/seems to have worked fine.

But, evertime I reboot the phone, not a single thing has changed.

I altered my homescreen xml to indicate the new font, and even the homescreen won't change, let alone the system font.

BUT - its more as if the actual application itself is not working, becuase when I tried the manual registry edit method that it would not let me alter, the value had ALREADY been set to comic sans, from a previous attempt at the CAB file method.

The necessary fonts are also on my phone.

So I am GUESSING that the actual application itself is the bit not working/running as a startup process etc, as the rest of it seems to have gone through ok.

So, no joy for me.

Sob sob.

:cry:

EDIT!!! Amendment...

Having re-read some of the posts here (kjk I think it was - cheers), I was getting to wonder if it was as I suspected - the app itself not running.

So I created a shortcut to it. And now, if I run the Application, my main menus, etc are no different, BUT, if I go into for example, SETTINGS, I do indeed get Comic Sans. Also the same for my SMS messges etc etc.

So it isn't running well enough at startup, and even when it does run, it is 'intermittant' in terms of what it will alter.

But its looking good, and I hope it will get even more polished over time - well done Mr Magoo

Guest badboy4life

I dunno if you've tried this but:

-Run the install font shortcut from the acessories menu;i've found this doesn't automatically run on boot

-close the start menu with xbar or something and then reopen it;this should refresh the menu

-change the homescreen to a different one and then change it back

Guest shadamehr
I dunno if you've tried this but:

-Run the install font shortcut from the acessories menu;i've found this doesn't automatically run on boot

-close the start menu with xbar or something and then reopen it;this should refresh the menu

-change the http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=714>homescreen to a different one and then change it back

Any suggestions or alternatives to x-bar, that will restart the menus? Preferably something free?

Cheers mate - spot on though!

Guest badboy4life

i think if u go to the accesability menu under settings and change the font size accept then change it back should have the same effect. Or try binary's task manager.

Guest MrMagoo

New version 1.01 has menu options for installing/uninstalling this utility into the bootup registry - should solve some of the problems people are having with not getting the fonts at soft - reboot . see first post for files

Guest cclboss

I have tried all the aforementioned methods and I have Comic Sans MS in my Storage/Windows/Fonts folder, I have installed 1.01 of the Font installer and enabled load at bootup, my registry Sysfnt/nm value is "Comic Sans MS" but when I reboot, nothing happens!

I am using an O2 Xphone running Smartphone 2003. Would the fact that my phone is able to read/write chinese (i.e. some type of Chinese OS) prevent this from loading? Although my setting for Language is US English and my regional setting is also English (US).

Incidentally, my phone does not have an option to change font size in the accessibility menu in Settings. Any ideas why? Or could this indrectly be the cause of not being able to change the system font?

Guest jamby
New version 1.01 has menu options for installing/uninstalling this utility into the bootup registry - should solve some of the problems people are having with not getting the fonts at soft - reboot . see first post for files

Do we need to uninstall the prev version or just install it over???

Great APP!!!

Tnx.