Delta MIDP 2.0--a splendid java emulator

Guest deagle

Guest phonesmarts

Great job! guys on trying to get java on this phone! (even though its a step back on game dev.!! :))

but just to say, there are some files you dont need. Here's what i did:

1. DLed the .rar and a test game (DopeWars) from grav's server

2. DLed the chinese zip file from Coretek

3. Cut and Paste the stuff in appdb only to /Storage Card/Prog Files/Coretek/DeltaMIDP2/...

4. Ran the install bit (JavaInst.exe) and did what you guys said for DopeWars

5. Launched dmidp2.exe

6. And DopeWars was under the app list! Ran it and it worked fine!

Note: I looked and the missing files were: connections.ini, thumbs.db, policy.txt and _8_home.png, etc. (the ones jmrecanize mentioned) i dont know if its just a fluke or what not, but all i know is one game worked w/o the files. i will test out more as soon as i get a chance. (hope bejeweled works!!)

Guest xavierjohn22

Yup phönésmärt.

The policy is just a txt filé stating cöpyright and blah blah blah, i think the cönnectiön is whén yöull be running webviewer, i remember häving settings.ini when cönnectiön is stablish, the thumbs.db is fröm windöws.

anyways gland yöuvé göt it äll wörking.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest jmrecanize

O.K. now i have got it working i am stuck on where to find any decent games. All free ones are crap and when looking for ones to pay for they are either for nokias (which dont work on this phone) or dont state which phones they are for. I want to know where to find good games like ancient empires or splinter cell etc. and which version to download. I know its possible because xavierjohn had a picture of ancient empires working on his phone.

P.S. does the .jar file have to be paired with a .jad file because EVERY attempt to upload a single .jar file it just leaves a blank screen. After downloading ancient empires off a p2p program it only came with a .jar file.

Guest jeRrRKKKK

yeah i realise this too...

if i tried playing a nokia java game, it'll ask me to select something...

and all other javas are crap...

this sux... first i can't get java, then when i finally get java, i can't run the games i want..

Guest agent.m

www.midlet-review.org do reviews on motorola games. and point you in the direction where to pay for them. best not to say where you got the games from just in case :wink:

Guest gravity

I don't badword get it, you guys want everything to be free. Well tough, people put time and money into their software. If you want Java games, go buy them, I can list plenty of sites where you can. If this VM were available for purchase by end users I would have never put it on my server.

Guest jmrecanize

Calm down, did i say i wanted to get them free, i actually stated that i tried looking for paysites but wasnt sure on which ones to download. So instead of jumping at the first chance of using profanities maybe you should keep you mouth shut and actually read other posts carefully.

Guest gravity

Actually thats the first time I'ev sworn on these boards and that was only due to the fact that there's the same people asking for java game links. It's the same guys asking for rom sites on the emulation posts.

Guest agent.m

cool guys! this java stuff is risky area. theres to sides to the arguement and i understand both. First people shouldnt ask for java games on this site (not saying you been asking jmrecanize) or talk about where they got their games unless the payed for them.

Back in my sl45i days gameloft tracked down a few naughty people on various forums including an official siemens and threatened to take action so not a good idea and i have seen people request games on this forum.

On the other side with certain games using different keys and screen sizes it is hard to know which games work.

I will say this though. As a guide Gameloft games splintercell,prince of persia dont seem to work (menu problems) Macrospace games do ie detonate, soccer unlimited games needing to use diagnal will be a problem. and some games want you to use keys instead of joystick. also the action button is the only one that works unless stated by the emu eg pressing soft key to get menu.

Hope this helps :wink:

p.s. Dont anyone dare ask for any java from me as they wont like the reply :)

Guest jeRrRKKKK

i have BOUGHT quite afew java midlets when i had my symbian nokia phone...

now that i've switched to ms... nothing works...

would you get fustrated???

Guest sadistsly

K guys here is a link to another forum, where some great guy called rob is in a Generic JAVA Midg link posting frenzy, check it out :)

[link removed by midnight]

He starts on the genric from page 7 onwards

No membership requird to see the links

Guest sadistsly

yeh works fine, is straight forward really. as said before you need both a .jad and .jar files for you to succsesfully install any game, i feel this is where alot of you are falling short. Iam going through the painful procsess of seeing which games work and wich dont and i have soo many of em it hurts. with my above link you will only have .jar wich is the main JAVA archive, u can write ya own .jar as they are only text wich has info on the archive, to get mine i just google searched for the same filename as the .jar you have but replace it with .jad and just keep hitting those google links, its real easy, the best places to go are google links that are headlined as "Index Of "Blah Blah Blah"" wich will be an FTP with lists of downloads, good luck

Oh wilst reading this thread i was misleaded by some posts, and complicated the whole thing wich in the end to get the Dmdip 2 working was easy, u only need the 3 files forget those .png files they are to do with installed apps, not the VM its self im eating dinner now, but i will try to write an easy to read instructions later as i can see this post isnt very organised :) GL

Guest sadistsly

cool thnx alot, will save us alot of time, and honestly guys, a google search when used well can find almost anything :)

## hehe just got it, it allows batch operation so if any one has aload of .jar n no .jads check it out

These applications are for making .jad files for any .jar you have without them Jadmaker is a better app but isnt guarenteed to run on all machines due to activeX problems.

Jadmaker (allows Batch operation)

http://www.geocities.com/mangokun/jadmaker...er/JADMaker.zip

Jadgen

http://www.motclub.com/down/apps/JADgen.zip

Guest dankingdc

Can't wait to start DLing those games when I get home.

Has anyone found a pattern in which games work best with an MPX200? I think all the generic should work, but I couple I've tried had awkward key layouts or weren't sized properly.

Guest sadistsly

not mentioning any names of games, but i have tried a great deal today and about 4% actually worked, alot give missing nokia and siemans class errors but most games r written for alot of differnet phones and even in generic wich is guarenteed to work on any phone. i shall do further testing and see if games written for 1 phone type are generally more sucsessful than others and post the results. But for now stick to generic as u cant go wrong :)

Guest sadistsly

Also for those of you who would like to benchmark there SPVs MIDP 2 Performance there is a midglet called J Benchmark, maybe we could have some results from various differnt SPVs and Mobiles to see how our M$ smartphones compare to our Symbian conterparts in its own native JAVA area :)

J Benchmark_1.04.jar

[link removed by midnight]

Guest sadistsly

Ok gonna try my best to go through the steps as easily as i can alot of wich has allready been posted by others but is a little bit all over the place.

Ok firstly download the files wich are as follows

dmidp2.exe

Javainst.exe

QComm.ctrl

Then Place them either on your storage card or ISPM try to keep them in the same place, then execute javainst.exe (CAUTION !once you have executed Javainst.exe from one place ive found you have trouble executing it from a differnt place without a delete of the old one and a restart) once this file is executed it will create a directory structure that can be found in IPSMprogram filesCoretekDeltaMIDP 2 this is where it will install the Midglets from now on. Now YOU MUST HAVE both a .jar and .jad files for each game u have or it will not install properly, it may seem as if it did, BUT IT DIDNT. (i have listed 2 apps that make .jad files from any .jars above just incase you need them)

once you have both files any where on ya phone in the bottom box of installer click the enter button (in middle of ctrl pad) and u now can browse your phone for the .Jar file, once done enter and in the top box of installer type whatever u wish to call the game, now if you had both files for your game it will be in the list when u start dmidp2.exe then just select game in ya list then play.

I would keep all of the 3 files on the storage card to be safe

Only generic J2ME Games are 90% guarenteed to Play, others are possible but ive found that they dont as they are specificly designed for other phones and as soon as the Midglet calls out for a class, or function that should be there and isnt it will crash and report error.

Guest jeRrRKKKK

i've alot of java games that work well on my symbian series60 phone...

games such as splinter cell, prince of persia...

when i run these, my phone prompts

select one to launch:

but no options to choose,,,

however, when i run symbian series40 games, my phone just gives an error and returns to the main screen...

is there a way to select 1 to launch??? am i missing out on anything???