Information

Confirmation

alert/Error

Volume

ActiveSync

Incoming Call

"Original" series Startup

"Original" series Shutdown

Including Akbar font (the simpsons font)

CAB installer

Comments:

Thanks to Randy for doing OSX which inspired me to do this and helped me getting started.

To get the "Simpsons" font to show like the screenshot you need BlindLemon Font Installer. Get it here.

Version history:

1.4 (30/4)

- Fixed the font height, so the settings screen now shows correctly.

- Removed the credits screen.

1.3 (27/4)

- Altered Color Scheme.

- Edited Akbar font to include Æ and æ.

- Homer (MRU) page speech bubble/program title bigger and on two lines.

- Missed calls and All Day event pages ok/cancel removd and font size up.

- Carrier name moved and color set to black.

- Added a couple techies to the credits page.

1.2 - Skipped release and went on to 1.3

1.1 (25/4) - Fixed credits page link (no...)

1.0 (23/4) - First release

To do:

- Something cool with the MRU.

- Add "dial" logo

To install:

Place the CAB file on your phone and execute. Restart your phone.

Updated Tue, Jan 11 2005 9:46 pm

View File

Guest hawpunch

hi,

i just installed your homescreen on my phone (mpx200 running smartphone os 2002) and now my screen under the "remove programs" option under settings is blank. this happened after installing the homescreen and then rebooting. i tried changing over to another homescreen and then rebooting, but my "remove programs" screen is still blank. i think the homescreen looks good, but i'm wondering if this is a bug in it. thanks!

jae park

Guest Disco Stu

loratio : is this skin compatible with the 2003 or 2002 OS or both ?

hawpunch : see my answer to your previous post / loratio's answer to this one...

Guest loratio

EDIT:: My skin IS compatible with both 2003 and 2002 and it does NOT do any harm to your "Remove Programs" list. ::TIDE

Sorry about that. This is my first attempt at a homescreen.

My home screen is designed and tested on the original SPV only. (SP2002)

If I have time later today I will see if I can figure out what goes wrong on the mpx200. I figure it's just a registry key that needs to be changed/added for you to be able to uninstall.

If anyone out there has any idea what the problem might be, any help is of course appreciated :D

The skin and cab are both based on the dx_osx by Randy Nivalez, so the compatibility should be the same.

Cheers

Guest loratio

My theme has now been tested on both SPV Classic and the e200 and works fine. Yay!

Seems the above problem wasn't due to my highly competent skinmaking ;-)

Guest Disco Stu

Seems to work perfectly on my E200 with one tiny exception.

The last screen, "Links & Credits", takes me to the Profiles settings, as does the Profiles screen.

It does look fantastic though.

Good work fella !

:D

Guest loratio

The hardest part was actually creating the cab installer ;-)

Glad to hear that it works "almost" perfectly.

I'll try and have a look at the thing with the "Credits" link.

Cheers

Guest maxh2003
Seems to work perfectly on my E200 with one tiny exception.  

The last screen, "Links & Credits", takes me to the Profiles settings, as does the Profiles screen.

Can I just say, *great* startup and shutdown sequences!

I too find that on my E200, the Links & Credits screen goes to Profile settings.

Also, I had to move copy lo_simpsons.jpg into StorageApplication DataHome (from StorageApplication DataHomelo_simpsons) before I was able to select it as the backdrop I wanted.

And, Akbar.ttf made my Settings screen look very odd indeed (see screenshot). It looked better when I modified it to use Cartoonist Simple instead - I think it's a better font than Akbar.ttf, and it's available here -> http://www.lardlad.com/third.shtml - loratio, have you considered using Cartoonist Simple instead? It's ALL CAPS but I think it's prettier than Akbar, and it hasn't mangled my Settings page (as much).

Got to say this again, though: *great* homescreen!

settings.JPG

Guest loratio
I too find that on my E200, the Links & Credits screen goes to Profile settings.
I'll be looking into this as soon as possible :-)

Also, I had to move copy lo_simpsons.jpg into StorageApplication DataHome (from StorageApplication DataHomelo_simpsons) before I was able to select it as the backdrop I wanted.

That, I don't understand. The home.xml explicitly drags "lo_simpsons.jpg" from "IPSMApplication DataHomelo_simpsons" so moving it one folder up seems like a strange solution?

And, Akbar.ttf made my Settings screen look very odd indeed (see screenshot).  It looked better when I modified it to use Cartoonist Simple instead - I think it's a better font than Akbar.ttf, and it's available here -> http://www.lardlad.com/third.shtml - loratio, have you considered using Cartoonist Simple instead?  It's ALL CAPS but I think it's prettier than Akbar, and it hasn't mangled my Settings page (as much).

At a glance I don't want to use Cartoonist Simple since it doesn't contain the characters I need (æ, ø, å) and it is all caps, but instead I think I'll see if i can't modify Akbar.ttf to work correctly. (Yay! Font-editing is just so much fun) ;-)

Got to say this again, though: *great* homescreen!

Guest maxh2003
moving it one folder up seems like a strange solution?
Can't explain it (I've not seen such a problem on any other homescreen) but lo_simpsons.jpg simply wasn't available to be selected as a backdrop until I moved it up one level...? When I installed the CAB and rebooted, the new XML kicked in, and when I pressed "down", the additional screens would appear correctly. But the backdrop for page 1 remained the same as it had been before I installed the CAB. Very odd. I wonder if it's related to the large number of camera pictures I've got lying around, all of which appear in the backdrops selection screen - maybe it has a maximum number of files so lo_simpsons.jpg wasn't appearing?

it doesn't contain the characters I need (æ, ø, å)

LOL, I never even thought of that. We haven't used such characters in Britain since medæval times! :wink:

Good luck with the font editing... which is as much fun as slamming your favourite body part in a car door... :twisted:

Compliments are always welcomed

- and there aren't as many around on this forum as there used to be...

Keep up the good work, Lora...

Guest crafty

wrt to the backdrop not showing up, if it's not in the home folder you can't select it from the list but i think that if you instead choose default, then it will load the screen refered to in the xml, in this case telling it the the backdrop is in Homelo_simpsons. Try choosing default and see if this works.

Guest loratio

- and there aren't as many around on this forum as there used to be...

Well let's start spreading them then :-) I'll head right on out and compliment stuff on this forum. :D

Guest maxh2003
Try choosing default and see if this works.

There's only one way to respond to this:

D'oh!

That worked perfectly, dumbass here didn't spot I'd changed it from default a long time ago...

If anyone wants me, I'll be in my room... :oops: :D

Guest loratio

he he! :-)

I guess this goes to show that error code 40 is very likely to occur with even the simplest tasks :-)

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest hawpunch

hey,

thank you for looking into my problem. since it has been tested on these other phone formats and seems to work fine, it must be an user error on my part. i apologize if my above error report caused any negative impact on your fine skin. please continue the good work and i look forward to another one of your skins.

jae park

Guest loratio

Thats quite alright Jae. I just hope you get the problem solved. As it has now been tested on several phones it seems that my theme works, but if you continue having trouble with it please report it.

Only thing left to say is I hope you get to enjoy my simpsons skin. :-)

Cheers!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Disco Stu
Done a lot of changes. Updated to v.1.3

Cheers

Hello again Loratio !

Have just installed v1.3 on my E200 and rebooted.

I still go to the Profiles settings when I click on the Links & Credits screen :?

Otherwise, everything works great :D

Guest loratio

EDIT::: Removed the attachment since it didn't do any good :-) :::TIDE

I still go to the Profiles settings when I click on the Links & Credits screen  :?  

Otherwise, everything works great  ;)

LOL I think I've found the reason ;-)

(SP2003 = Storage while SP2002 = IPSM) ...doh!

Here's an XML for SmartPhone 2003 OS, extract from zip and activesync to "StorageHome".

Select some other homescreen, apply it, select lo_simpsons homescreen again and apply to see the update.

Lemme know if this sorts it out. It should :D

Guest loratio

Very odd....

Have you tried the dx_osx theme? If you have, does this give you the same result when choosing the last icon to the right?

Thanks

Guest Disco Stu

Have installed the dx_osx theme but it won't scroll past the Profiles icon :D

Don't worry about it though, I don't think Randy or any of his replies found a solution. Was it something to do with the SMART operator ROM ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.